Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

The First Crack In The Charade?

QueSeraSera IF-Stunnerz
QueSeraSera
QueSeraSera

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

Before I get into this post, I would say two things

•       I wanna say I hate DivAn, they are so good that I end up watching this show because of them though I curse it for its stupidity and then analyze it and when I can't help myself I make posts.
  •      I truly would be obliged if this post is kept clean; I have no idea if I would be able to make replies but I would appreciate a clean discussion. 

Tonight, the episode in my opinion was once again a little reminiscent to me of the good old times.

Yeah back when YHM made sense, and the writers were on good stuff whatever it was.LOL

I say good because in two distinct reactions that they ran parallel I believe they managed something impressive.

If only the director could pay a little more attention to the nuances, I believe it would be appreciated more. As well as the writers need a little brushing up on their memory unless, we learn otherwise, the audience knows Mani was Abhimanyu Raghav and not Ramachandran, the least they could do is remember the names correctly.

In almost a parallel, two people who are the pillars of this show leading parallel lives find themselves in almost the same situation.  Everyone beside they themselves believe that they are ready and willing to move on and settle down with new partners - they just might need a little shove and be pushed to the altar - literally.

The people around them have found them - perfect partners too - as per them.

Since this is the story of Ishita and Raman - obviously, the options don't stand a chance.

However, this is where the brilliance of the contrast played in.

On one side, two best friends who have known each other from the Adam, who have weathered ups and downs and on the other are two people who have now spent knowing each other for over two decades of their lives - they sired two children together and the woman even birthed the child of the man and his new wife.

On one side are two very similar people who have had a smooth sailing; their friendship may have had times when they were distant but it never has severed the bond while on the other hand the second proposed' pair has had quite a history - a past that is full of betrayal, heartbreak, misery, cruelty and pain.

The friends have come a long way but never changed much, except that one of them now suddenly wanted a little more - seven comfortable years of his life had made him a little greedier, a little more aspirant. He wanted the place that turned home from house by his friend to stay the same - he wanted forever with a friend, only now as more than a friend - he wanted to make her his life partner.

However, it is not in the stars - she says her friend is a mate of her soul, someone she obviously cherishes and holds dear but he is not the man who she can envision her life with - he is not the partner, who holds her heart.

On the other hand, the hero of the tale storms into his home and declares his verdict - that he can't marry anyone ever again - there will be no repeating history nor will there be anyone else ever in his life - not now or ever again.

The woman that the family was almost ready to drape in bridal clothes though is the centerpiece of this episode here.

Two people faced rejection tonight - but only one took rejection in his stride, as much possible with a broken heart and quiet acceptance; the other literally roared.

One who was sure of rejection failed and accepted his fate - he knew his chances from the beginning were next to none - he just got a confirmation in the gentlest way possible from the object of his affection that he was right.

The one who did dream - meekly submitted to the decision.

The one though who didn't even dream -as stated - roared at the rejection.

Confused much?

Don't be...this is where YHM writing showed if they do try and actually wish, they can work good.

Those who know me, know I have been on the bandwagon that Shaggy is negative and will show her colors once again at the right time...and therein lies the theory I hold for today and the basis of this post.

Shagun has been saying she doesn't need any thanks or gratitude whatsoever for giving up the only chance she had at true wuv  Stern Smile in her ill-fated destiny ... Sleepy

She's doing this out of the remorse she holds for wronging her daughter back when she walked out on a six month old Ruhi & feel Pihu is her shot at absolution and for Ishita, who' goodness touched her so much that her she literally transformed and turned into Snow WhiteErmm 

For a woman who seeked no rewards or appraisals only acquittal from her past, it would have been possible to believe Shagun has changed literally, only there has never been any justification or explanation for her sudden change of heart; one day she suddenly was not the blacker than black soul anymore.

The woman went away after her children shunned her, as she left them to die when they could have burned to ashes. She who vowed revenge on the woman who actually risked her life to save the very children returned transformed in a matter of days or weeks, without any possible believable reasons to find her role reversal trustworthy.

This being a show however - the characters particularly the leads had to be kind and stupid enough to forgive and take back in their mist the very person who vowed revenge upon them and their destruction.

I won't go into summarizing the whole history, my post is long enough without it LOLLOL

But from day one the surrogacy has seemed fishy and forced to every viewer who thought of the matter sensitively.

Shaggy has almost got away with what she had in mind when the wolf donned the sheep' clothing.

She has managed to be back in the Bhalla house, make herself look like a pious saint while at it and ousted Ishita from the family and life of Bhallas and particularly Raman.

Today seemed to be the day when she almost attained the fruits of her labor and seven years worth of patience.

The scene begins when an ecstatic Toshi informs Shagun that Raman wishes to marry her.  Mihir his shadow has almost confirmed the same.

Shagun however doesn't really believe it for a few brief moments...she rushes to her room then and here' the scene of the day.

If Shaggy is negative, and has been all along, this scene from the POV of a writer was integral to the plot.

What happens when you finally attain the one goal you dreamed about since forever, something for which you would sell you soul too perhaps? Would you believe that it really did happen instantly or would you be dazed and let the shock sink in slowly?

IF the goal of the writers is to turn Shagun negative, which I believe it is - then this scene was vital in a very crucial way.

Post Ruhi's rescue, which she would be, the re-emergence of the main vamp should ideally be linked back to this scene.

The disbelief that victory is at last at hand is slowly sinking in...to the turnaround of keeping up the act - not just to confuse the viewers - but also to keep up the illusion until the expose...to the reasoning and then the outburst.

Shagun knew somewhere it was impossible to get away with this, but she almost, almost believes Toshi and looks herself in the mirror - as she says - Raman wants to marry me, a smile on her face, a spring in her step and a sparkle in her eyes.

It is almost over.

TO

The turnaround.

Here is where ideally the director should have paid attention to details and nuances - if Ishita and Ruhi' pictures aren't anywhere in the house to keep the secret from Pihu, how can Shagun keep a frame on her nightstand and Pihu not see it?

The picture should have been shown well hidden, somewhere in the room...

For Shagun to be able to gloat when she wishes,  in front of a picture of Ishita...but for the time being, to remind herself to channel the same front - to keep up the act - keep playing Ishita... and since the audience has to be kept scratching their heads despite knowing the obvious outcome - the lines about Ishita and Pihu and blah are added.

In addition, because this is dress rehearsal - since keeping up the act would require needing to mouth lines too.

Therefore, if, she is possibly going to get her goal - the act of not wanting anything, even this marriage must be kept going for a little while - agreeing too easy, to soon might spoil the well-cultivated image...

And because the family and specially Raman, have to beg her a little for it.

To the next crossover.

The flow of justifications that spill - about Raman being lonely, needing a wife, a partner and how it is alright if he moves on now...since Ishita is never coming back.

Because after all the begging and pleading is done, the proposal has to be accepted...and the perfect lines to close the act before the finale happens need to be just right.

And just as the lady was preparing for it, bam comes the man who had to ruin all her plans as he declared his cards.

Seven plus years of hard work is down the drain in an instant.

The goal that nearly was achieved once again, lost...the only way to save face & retain foothold - speak as if your self-respect has been hurt...and bring up the Achilles Heel - Pihu' mere mention in the conversation...

The Bhallas, Iyers and the world in general might be concerned about the respect Shaggy deserves Ermm but they forget - if living in with two different men didn't shake her - living amidst an entire family with her ex isn't gonna even dent the surface...

The real fun will begin with the unmasking of the vamp and the end of this charade...because when it happens...it would certainly be the new challenge for the mighty heroine - whose truth wont matter against the leverage of seven years of sacrifice easily Wink

If only I could foresee the number of days left for it...

And to end this not so little post - a little thought to spur your minds

"As Hamlet said to Ophelia, "God has given you one face, and you make yourself another." The battle between these two halves of identity...Who we are and who we pretend to be, is unwinnable. "Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. One that we reveal to the world and another we keep hidden inside. A duality governed by the balance of light and darkness, within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil. But those who are able to blur the moral dividing line hold the true power." 

Emily Thorne, Revenge

The following 45 member(s) liked the above post:

nerdjojo-banu-NayadivanDivya72kate6RAMYAVAISHURadhika13_zeny_NianAnuhyaaPravalliDivyankaATpreeti73anisa79tharun123Mreddyremya1990chandu1234aimfluvsagarmischiefrose1000sskaziis2397PinkRose95Raina1234-AngryBird-sudha_suresshshravsssVeeannmoonwearermomb24K.S.shalz_123charismatic-gemUmeraTariqjanani_divanSri1091svati12Mdwsttraveller_girlkaa1202gargpooMegher_Palok.Jayashree.DivianTanz_Divz

UmeraTariq IF-Rockerz
UmeraTariq
UmeraTariq

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
I'm so glad your back to these ...

Running to read Big smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woho! That was a hell lot to read but hey; I've done it!

Again, Aani, you've managed to bring such an in-depth analysis to the table! I can't help but applaud you! Though I'd thought the same; couldn't verbalise this well Big smile

Edited by Badtameez_Dil_1 - 13 April 2016 at 3:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

QueSeraSera

charismatic-gem IF-Rockerz
charismatic-gem
charismatic-gem

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
Really great analysis! And true, the moment the leap started, I knew...there was no way the CVs can live without a vamp. And Sarika's stint as a vamp was a colossal flop as opposed to Shagun.

It's also important to note, that Adi himself is balking at this, the same Adi who used to follow Shagun's every whim and command

QueSeraSera

Mreddy Senior Member
Mreddy
Mreddy

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Love your anlaysis always. This one part you mentioned is so true and I am in the same boat - 
" I wanna say I hate DivAn, they are so good that I end up watching this show because of them though I curse it for its stupidity and then analyze it and when I can't help myself I make posts."

Knew it would be a matter of time before Shagun's true colors would emerge.  I loved the gray Shagun.  But this many years of hard work might make her black.  We are in for major manipulative Shagun once she knows Ishita is alive.  She will manipulate everyone's emotions, Toshi, Simmi, Ishita and Raman and also Pihu and Ruhi.  Adi had too much dose so he might be little less immune.

She is and was the master manipulator of people.  We call her airhead but she reads people very well and uses it to her advantage.  Raman is always susceptible to her.. when vulnerable she hits him to do her bidding.  She knows if she is not subtle, Raman always sees through her.  But if she hits his weakness, he becomes majboor.  His kids are always his achilles heel.  He never could stand upto her when it comes to the kids.  Now she has the ace of spades (Pihu).  She is one patient, admirable player and we have to be ready for some major manipulation.  Except for Raman's feeling towards her she have everyone wrapped around her little finger.  Unless she declares openly to Ishita, the heroine will not fight.  they were bff before the leap.  She won''t show her cards so easily to either Ishita or Raman.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Love9sskaziisudha_suresshjanani_divanMdwstQueSeraSeraDivianTanz_Divz

moonwearer IF-Dazzler
moonwearer
moonwearer

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
 I read somewhere that the author of Custody , the book on which the story is said to be based made a condition that Shagun should not be made a witch. Though except the characters names and the fact that Raman and Shagun  had two kids and ended up with one a piece i dont find anything to resemble the story.
A beautiful analysis and  pointing of the slips in the tale.

QueSeraSera

Mdwst IF-Sizzlerz
Mdwst
Mdwst

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Beautiful analysis
Yes shagun at one point said " ishita is not coming back".. She was dull happy... Then she heard Raman...the disappointment and her outburst .
So when ishita does she her appearance.. All hell will break loose. Yes her biggest trump card is pihu.
Your quote from Hamlet .. one of the 4 great tragedies of Shakespeare ... A perfect fit
Thank you

QueSeraSera

traveller_girl IF-Sizzlerz
traveller_girl
traveller_girl

Posted: 13 April 2016 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Again a brilliantly written write up...
Agree with each point 

QueSeraSera

aimf Goldie