Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's new show discussion - Thread #2 (DT Note pg. 69) (Page 31)

limoncello IF-Dazzler
limoncello
limoncello

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psarada

So looks like Neeli Chatri Waale is ending and the shoot is going to wrap up by April 30th. But they already have an bank of episodes so it might go on air for some time longer. This is information according to the rival site. Any idea what is the timing for this show? I am guessing Neeli Chatri waale might be pushed ahead to make time for SKK after IPL ends. 

That's what I read too!

It airs on Sun 8:30-9:30 pm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

archana.mh17cineraria

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:02am | IP Logged
It is actually quite funny if I think about it. Every one says that they want something good on Indian TV to watch but when someone(especially Barun) says about changing it bam everyone comes out and go on as to how it is next to impossible. Sigh - So so Ironical.

Abhi show start bhi nahi hua and we have predictions about how it will not work, how TRPs won't come, how the story will be changed because only one episode is shot blah blah. 

Abhi Barun hasn't even confirmed that he will do a daily bam we have predictions and dissections about what he said and how it is next to impossible. 

I can very well imagine what is going to happen if Barun's show is aired as a daily albeit a finite episodes one only. LOL IPK's tagline suits Barun more - Mohabbat door jaane na de, Nafrat pass aane na de. 

Edited by psarada - 28 April 2016 at 10:02am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

twinkletoes..1likeNoOtherhoneysuckle.kadi9amortentia15limoncelloarchana.mh17cineraria-Roshini-

twinkletoes.. Groupbie
twinkletoes..
twinkletoes..

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:04am | IP Logged
I so wish that if some members really are interested in dissecting things they stick to only Barun's iv! As if his iv's are not enough now members posts are also being dissected and interpreted according to convenience. And selective reading seems to be the norm. Barun has no where said that if he is the producer he can control trp's. He clearly mentioned that there are many factors that come into play and when he does a daily soap he would like to have some part in the authority. He never made any tall claims of controlling the whole thing! I think being a producer cum actor will have some benefits than being only an actor.
And moreover all this discussion is baseless at the end of it coz the answers that Barun gave were only for a "what if" scenarios.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

honeysuckle.limoncelloarchana.mh17cineraria

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by twinkletoes..

I so wish that if some members really are interested in dissecting things they stick to only Barun's iv! As if his iv's are not enough now members posts are also being dissected and interpreted according to convenience. And selective reading seems to be the norm. Barun has no where said that if he is the producer he can control trp's. He clearly mentioned that there are many factors that come into play and when he does a daily soap he would like to have some part in the authority. He never made any tall claims of controlling the whole thing! I think being a producer cum actor will have some benefits than being only an actor.
And moreover all this discussion is baseless at the end of it coz the answers that Barun gave were only for a "what if" scenarios.

@Bold:- People have selective reading habits na so they have not understood that Barun was giving an answer to a 'What about coming back to Daily shows" question. Bas read the first line and jump on in the dissection. After all this is more entertaining na. Tongue

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

twinkletoes..honeysuckle.limoncelloarchana.mh17cineraria-Roshini-

cineraria IF-Rockerz
cineraria
cineraria

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MastMalang

No offense..but how hard it is for ppl to understand what he said about daily soaps.
Daily soaps doesn't mean that he intends to one which would run for 1 or 2 years.
He might meant format. He can do a show with 100 episodes but which comes daily.. that means it would end in 3-4 months.. daily soaps can also have fixed number of episodes. 
I think he meant that only since he said he wants to do something which is in his control, no trp pressure and fixed story line which only means fixed no. of episodes
If we look at SKK, he will be shooting 26 1 hour episodes which means 52 half episodes. In daily format, it translates into around 2 -2.5 months worth of episodes.
So ppl ready to jump on his statements, hope some logical thinking helps.

Pallu behen!! So good to see you again. Big smile

Did you see the new picture Gul posted? The one where she's doing what needs to be done? LOL Sobti looks so dashing in a tux. Also the latest one from SKK where he has his smirk back. Damn it, gorgeous, gorgeous. I can't wait to have that beauty back on my TV. Day Dreaming

Also the Cannes news. Man, it's the best time to be a fan. Cool

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintimillekaramkhtwinkletoes..love2sarunhoneysuckle.limoncelloarchana.mh17MastMalangPSharada

cineraria IF-Rockerz
cineraria
cineraria

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avidtvwatcher1

Originally posted by limoncello

No offense..but how hard it is for ppl to understand what he said about daily soaps.
Daily soaps doesn't mean that he intends to one which would run for 1 or 2 years.
He might meant format. He can do a show with 100 episodes but which comes daily.. that means it would end in 3-4 months.. daily soaps can also have fixed number of episodes.
I think he meant that only since he said he wants to do something which is in his control, no trp pressure and fixed story line which only means fixed no. of episodes
If we look at SKK, he will be shooting 26 1 hour episodes which means 52 half episodes. In daily format, it translates into around 2 -2.5 months worth of episodes.

What is so special about his shows that TRP do not effect them ? I watch a lot of TV and I have seen both finite shows of 26 episodes as well as finite daily soaps as you say of 100 odd episodes being effected due to TRP .
Currently watching 2 shows on star plus . Both are finite daily shows and both have got effected due to lower trp and storyline has been changed .

I am not a regular on this thread . Just very curious why other daily shows are " mindless dailies " which get effected by trp and his shows arnt ?

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Yes, you've mentioned before that you are a soap fan. Are you an old soap fan or a new soap fan? Have you been watching them for a long time?

The reason I ask is that, if you have been watching some of the dailies that are airing currently, you will know that they all started out wonderfully. They deserved the high TRPs they all got. But then, as it always happens with shows these days, they all went haywire. I am not sure if it is due to the fluctuating TRPs and the pressures it comes with or if it is because the writers could no longer cope up with the pressures of writing for a daily show.

I am watching EDKV on Sony and it is a finite show. It's TRP is 0.4!!! It's really sad because I think it's the best among all the shows currently on air! But the story line is set, the script is bound. So as a viewer who doesn't have to worry about the TRPs, I'm very happy! But that is what Barun meant I guess when he spoke about TRPs. Also, if he is the producer, he can take a stand and be adamant about not changing the story line due to any TRP or Channel pressure. Also, a daily need not be 5000 episodes long...it can also be 100-150 epis long like Dehleez. So even if there's a minor deviation in story line, the essence of the show can still be maintained.
</font>

I am an old viewer , abt 4-5 yrs . Watch a lot of shows .

I am watching the show you mentioned as well as another show on Sony . Both are finite . What makes you think script is set and bound ? EDKV has already had a changed track . Shravan was engaged to another girl , track didn't work and she has vanished , her track is over . Dahleez has not had minor but major deviation and fans are upset .

I didn't realise producers were so powerful in the TV industry that if they are adamant story track does not change . Also that TRP is channels headache and not producers . I always thought channels rule and what they decide is final .

It's quiet obvious people on this thread have some unique knowledge of TRP and how the TV industry runs .

TRP is actually both the Channel and Producers' headache. Producers can be adamant. They can say 'Give me a few weeks more. Good
things are in the pipeline for the show. If not, we will end it on a
good note' and end the show. It's another issue that Producers don't usually want to do that coz who
doesn't like to make money? And getting another slot on prime time is
always difficult. So they stick it out. It doesn't mean that it can't be
done!

People on this thread, which includes you, are as knowledgeable as you are yourself. LOL

I
am not aware of Dehleez, I don't watch it. But EDKV shoots are 4-5 days
ahead of schedule. They had already shot the exit of Urvashi even before the hue and cry about the engagement started. So yeah, that was not
a deviation from the original story line.

Forget TRP knowledge , your knowledge of how producers can operate and be adamant ( I am sure it helps in their relationship with the channels LOL is amazing ) for your info most new TV shows get a 15 day notice to shut down and some even lesser than that .

The last episode which had Urvashi was the Holi episode where the engagement was announced , I didn't exactly see her exit . How exactly did that happen ? Maybe I missed an episode or so . 4-5 days ahead of schedule is normal for organised daily shows and the reason is that they do wait for the trp and react accordingly . Had that not been the case they would shoot months in advance .

Even a show like 24 shot only 10 episodes before it got the air date .

And your point is? Sleepy

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

honeysuckle.limoncelloarchana.mh17arnanyaPSharada

limoncello IF-Dazzler
limoncello
limoncello

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:11am | IP Logged

What is so special about his shows that TRP do not effect them ? I watch a lot of TV and I have seen both finite shows of 26 episodes as well as finite daily soaps as you say of 100 odd episodes being effected due to TRP .
Currently watching 2 shows on star plus . Both are finite daily shows and both have got effected due to lower trp and storyline has been changed .

I am not a regular on this thread . Just very curious why other daily shows are " mindless dailies " which get effected by trp and his shows arnt ?

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Yes, you've mentioned before that you are a soap fan. Are you an old soap fan or a new soap fan? Have you been watching them for a long time?

The reason I ask is that, if you have been watching some of the dailies that are airing currently, you will know that they all started out wonderfully. They deserved the high TRPs they all got. But then, as it always happens with shows these days, they all went haywire. I am not sure if it is due to the fluctuating TRPs and the pressures it comes with or if it is because the writers could no longer cope up with the pressures of writing for a daily show.

I am watching EDKV on Sony and it is a finite show. It's TRP is 0.4!!! It's really sad because I think it's the best among all the shows currently on air! But the story line is set, the script is bound. So as a viewer who doesn't have to worry about the TRPs, I'm very happy! But that is what Barun meant I guess when he spoke about TRPs. Also, if he is the producer, he can take a stand and be adamant about not changing the story line due to any TRP or Channel pressure. Also, a daily need not be 5000 episodes long...it can also be 100-150 epis long like Dehleez. So even if there's a minor deviation in story line, the essence of the show can still be maintained.
</font>

I am an old viewer , abt 4-5 yrs . Watch a lot of shows .

I am watching the show you mentioned as well as another show on Sony . Both are finite . What makes you think script is set and bound ? EDKV has already had a changed track . Shravan was engaged to another girl , track didn't work and she has vanished , her track is over . Dahleez has not had minor but major deviation and fans are upset .

I didn't realise producers were so powerful in the TV industry that if they are adamant story track does not change . Also that TRP is channels headache and not producers . I always thought channels rule and what they decide is final .

It's quiet obvious people on this thread have some unique knowledge of TRP and how the TV industry runs .

TRP is actually both the Channel and Producers' headache. Producers can be adamant. They can say 'Give me a few weeks more. Good
things are in the pipeline for the show. If not, we will end it on a
good note' and end the show. It's another issue that Producers don't usually want to do that coz who
doesn't like to make money? And getting another slot on prime time is
always difficult. So they stick it out. It doesn't mean that it can't be
done!

People on this thread, which includes you, are as knowledgeable as you are yourself. LOL

I
am not aware of Dehleez, I don't watch it. But EDKV shoots are 4-5 days
ahead of schedule. They had already shot the exit of Urvashi even before the hue and cry about the engagement started. So yeah, that was not
a deviation from the original story line.

Forget TRP knowledge , your knowledge of how producers can operate and be adamant ( I am sure it helps in their relationship with the channels LOL is amazing ) for your info most new TV shows get a 15 day notice to shut down and some even lesser than that .

The last episode which had Urvashi was the Holi episode where the engagement was announced , I didn't exactly see her exit . How exactly did that happen ? Maybe I missed an episode or so . 4-5 days ahead of schedule is normal for organised daily shows and the reason is that they do wait for the trp and react accordingly . Had that not been the case they would shoot months in advance .

Even a show like 24 shot only 10 episodes before it got the air date .

I said they 'could' do that, but they don't! They should! Most definitely! But then again, I'm idealistic like that! As long as there are people who are equally regressive as the regressive shows they watch, nothing of that sort will ever happen!

Lol! You didn't see her exit, so you assumed that they just left it like that? I am sorry, I might have missed your point. Did you say you know she exited the show but don't know how or did you mean to say the writers had amnesia and Shravan is still technically engaged to Urvashi?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

archana.mh17cinerariaPSharada

archana.mh17 IF-Dazzler
archana.mh17
archana.mh17

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Mission accomplished. The thread has officially been deviated & taken completely off track. Good luck to people who come here for info. I hope you manage to find them amidst all this talk. Wonder how this kind of elaborate discussion doesn't happen when something non-controversial or nice comes out in the news for Sobti or his fans. Strange pattern.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncellocinerariapree2605-Roshini-PSharada

Go to top