Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's new show discussion - Thread #2 (DT Note pg. 69) (Page 29)

hina11 Goldie
hina11
hina11

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Dahleez is also a daily soap but has fixed no.of episodes (108/150) I guess ,may be he meant like that.

DreamBig. Senior Member
DreamBig.
DreamBig.

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MastMalang

No offense..but how hard it is for ppl to understand what he said about daily soaps.
Daily soaps doesn't mean that he intends to one which would run for 1 or 2 years.
He might meant format. He can do a show with 100 episodes but which comes daily.. that means it would end in 3-4 months.. daily soaps can also have fixed number of episodes.
I think he meant that only since he said he wants to do something which is in his control, no trp pressure and fixed story line which only means fixed no. of episodes
If we look at SKK, he will be shooting 26 1 hour episodes which means 52 half episodes. In daily format, it translates into around 2 -2.5 months worth of episodes.
So ppl ready to jump on his statements, hope some logical thinking helps.
I do not see the logic in doing finite shows to avoid TRP pressure and keep things in control. The recent shows on SP are finite but still have TRP pressure and changing storylines. If he does a 100 episode daily, are you saying there won't be TRP pressure?
.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avidtvwatcher1

Originally posted by MastMalang

No offense..but how hard it is for ppl to understand what he said about daily soaps.
Daily soaps doesn't mean that he intends to one which would run for 1 or 2 years.
He might meant format. He can do a show with 100 episodes but which comes daily.. that means it would end in 3-4 months.. daily soaps can also have fixed number of episodes.
I think he meant that only since he said he wants to do something which is in his control, no trp pressure and fixed story line which only means fixed no. of episodes
If we look at SKK, he will be shooting 26 1 hour episodes which means 52 half episodes. In daily format, it translates into around 2 -2.5 months worth of episodes.
So ppl ready to jump on his statements, hope some logical thinking helps.

What is so special about his shows that TRP do not effect them ? I watch a lot of TV and I have seen both finite shows of 26 episodes as well as finite daily soaps as you say of 100 odd episodes being effected due to TRP .
Currently watching 2 shows on star plus . Both are finite daily shows and both have got effected due to lower trp and storyline has been changed .

I am not a regular on this thread . Just very curious why other daily shows are " mindless dailies " which get effected by trp and his shows arnt ?

With due respect I would like to intrude. 

He meant the same you mentioned. TRP affecting the storyline. Thus he wants something more controlled and finite. So he doesn't prefer dailies due to this. Besides that he can't do small commitments and that includes web series etc when he is doing dailies everyday. 

Mindless dailies are those which run over couple of years and totally deviate from the original premises. Adding ott storyline just to sustain and appease the viewers. Few shows escaped this fate. 

Edited by MoonBow. - 28 April 2016 at 9:09am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

honeysuckle.Arshika_arshi

archana.mh17 IF-Dazzler
archana.mh17
archana.mh17

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:09am | IP Logged
So. What's the latest on SKK? There were some pictures from the set, right? Where was it from? They have been shooting in so many places, I lost track.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cineraria

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:10am | IP Logged
 Usually, what happens is that a lot of heads are put together. Ratings and other number of things sometimes cause things to go haywire a little in daily soaps. Hence, I preferred for finite series seeing that it's written from start to end already, so I know what I am getting into. 

This here states what happens in Daily shows and isn't that what we see now a days ? No one is saying Finite Series will not have TRP pressure but the chances of the story line going haywire to get the TRPs hook or crook will be less if the PH and the channel know that the show is for fixed episodes only. IMHO the storylines are changed to grab more eyeballs and get more TRPs so that the show can go on for longer time as low TRPs mean the show will face an axe. When you know that the show will end in fixed time why would you want to butcher the essence of the show to extend the shelf life? 

Edited by psarada - 28 April 2016 at 9:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

honeysuckle.Arshika_arshicineraria

archana.mh17 IF-Dazzler
archana.mh17
archana.mh17

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Guys, make another thread to discuss this interview, if needed. Can we get back to SKK? He said, episodes on Sundays. So, if that is the case, we get to see him on screen for a good half year, hopefully, with things working out. What's better than that after a drought of nearly 4yrs.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

honeysuckle.cinerariaPSharada

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by archana.mh17

So. What's the latest on SKK? There were some pictures from the set, right? Where was it from? They have been shooting in so many places, I lost track.

Latest on SKK is that the show seems to be a weekly - Not even a biweekly. Sigh. And it might air on Sundays. We need a promo fast and hope Zee TV releases the on air date and the telecast timing. They have been shooting at lot of places like Delhi and Dehradun so hoping we will get a promo soon. 

Let's get back to SKK and discussion because that is what we all are waiting for. 

archana.mh17cineraria

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by archana.mh17

Guys, make another thread to discuss this interview, if needed. Can we get back to SKK? He said, episodes on Sundays. So, if that is the case, we get to see him on screen for a good half year, hopefully, with things working out. What's better than that after a drought of nearly 4yrs.

@bold:- That seems to be the best thing in a way. But I so wanted to see Barun in a bi-weekly show. How can I wait for a week to watch him again. But then again if I can wait for English shows for their airing once a week I sure can wait for Barun too I guess. 

archana.mh17cineraria

Go to top