Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's new show discussion - Thread #2 (DT Note pg. 69) (Page 26)

arnanya IF-Rockerz
arnanya
arnanya

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanakhan4

Originally posted by ILoveDoremon

Originally posted by arnanya

Originally posted by MoonBow.

He he 
As usual on the phone... LOL

ok so Barun is still in Dehradoon.

food obsession ko foodie khatey hain phone obsession ko phonie boley gey?
LOLLOL
no way !! he is such a genuine person. So he can never by phoney Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PSharada

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
@Sana :- Barun has both food as well as phone obsession. So what do you call someone who has both? Wink
PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pree2605

Acc to raj barun is not going to cannes..
Bt someone  messaged sahana it seems and she is going to be there
Cr twitter

Maybe Sahana is representing some other film of hers at Cannes. 
pree2605 IF-Rockerz
pree2605
pree2605

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
^^barun fan had messaged her and she has said she ll b there she has no idea of barun and that she ll put up the pics too

PSharada

Sanguine.. Senior Member
Sanguine..
Sanguine..

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Party

Television, Bollywood, Web Series; Barun Sobti decoded

" By Dhrithi Gulvadi | Apr 28, 2016 12:12 pm 
barun sobti

He is an actor whose expedition to entertain people is endless. His passion has driven him from television to Bollywood and from Bollywood to web series. Risen to fame from Star Plus's popular Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, he carved his way towards his Bollywood debut Main Aur Mr. Right. Chatting exclusively with The Free Press Journal, Barun Sobti speaks about his debut in web series, new finite television series, return to the daily soaps and more...

After having tasted success in Bollywood, what makes you to shift towards web series?

I haven't done a web series yet. We are planning one and will be shooting in August. There is another one I am planning post that. There is no shift as such. I am an actor and we have the opportunity of using various mediums. I like the story and this was well suited for a web series. I was approved by the production house for the web series, so it was not for a TV show or a film. I liked it, hence, I said yes for the same. The producer decides the medium and I decide whether I like the content or not.

What is Satya Ki Kiran about and your character in it?

It's a thriller show. It's a crossover between a thriller and a rom-com. It's going to be finite series of 26 episodes. It's going to be aired on Sunday on Zee TV. I am playing a pained cop who has a pained past and he is on a journey to find things out about his past.

Since you rose to fame from daily soaps in the beginning of your career, what propelled you to choose finite television series over daily soaps?

That was the only kind of commitment that I could accommodate. The kind of place that I am right now, I have lot of short commitments, so if I did a daily soap then all the short commitments would have to go away because I have to shoot everyday. Hence, I went with the kind of commitment that I could live up to.

Does it mean that Barun will not return to daily soaps in future?

No, I mean why not? TV is a strong medium and there is nothing I've decided of that sort. If it doesn't happen or other things keep happening due to smaller commitments like movies, web series, finite shows etc, then I don't know but its not that I am not open to the idea.

How do you deal with success and failure?

(Chuckles) I don't know how to answer that. I don't think that I have been very successful also and I would definitely don't want to call myself a failure (Chuckles). I am pretty stable in that sense. My personal life is absolutely separated from my professional life; hence, I am really stable. If I was doing well I would not take my position seriously or the way people love me, I won't take that too very seriously. I would appreciate it but I won't start thinking that I am somebody else. I was 25 years old when I started acting and also I used to do a job. I was well matured when I came in and also pretty stable enough.

If you had to come back in a daily soap then what subject would have been of interest to you?

I am watching a lot of American television and also those that we are trying to replicate in Indian television. If I had to come into a daily soap, I would really come in full authority in whatever I am doing so, might be a project that I may produce in future. Usually, what happens is that a lot of heads are put together. Ratings and other number of things sometimes cause things to go haywire a little in daily soaps. Hence, I preferred for finite series seeing that it's written from start to end already, so I know what I am getting into.

Any message to your fans?

Just keep healthy and watch whatever I am doing and I hope they'll like it.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

hina11AKHUSHIILoveDoremonhoneylimestg1pree2605arnanya.Screwtape.PSharada

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 1:50am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanguine..pree2605stg1PSharada

MinocheBS Senior Member
MinocheBS
MinocheBS

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 2:27am | IP Logged
just loved this IV very clear about shows n daily soaps n wait yaa 2 web series????? Clap 

arnanya

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Wait a minute - Does that mean there is one more web series after Gul's? WOW so we are going to see Barun continuously - first on SKK and then in Gul's web series and then in the next one which he is planning. I am so glad that we got to know SKK will air on Sundays - So that would mean it is only a weekly show then ? I so wanted it to be a bi-weekly. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

twinkletoes..honeylimearnanya

Go to top