Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: ishq30

#Thmsatcannes treaded in India 

That's so good to know Ishu. BTW where are you? These days you are not on IF kya? 
pree2605 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
#THMSAtMDFCannes trended at the top in India! Congrats all! Thanks for the screenshot @BarunIsTheBest :)
Embedded
sweety1302 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
#THMSAtMDFCannes trended in india Egyp and morocco and was in top 40 worldwide 👏
pree2605 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

6 Indian Films That Dazzled International Audiences & Made India Proud At Cannes This Year

With every new masala movie that comes out, we see a barrage of people talking about the inherent lack of quality in Bollywood. What we really miss out on is the abundance of good cinema that comes out of India every year which goes unnoticed by the mainstream audience. Once we start showing these movies some love, their financial viability will encourage other filmmakers to come up with more non-masala stuff.

To promote this, we've compiled a list of Indian movies that have dazzled the audiences at the coveted Cannes Film Festival this year. Here's the list:

1. Raman Raghav 2.0

The psychological thriller traces the life of the notorious Psycho Raman killer during the 60s.

Raman Raghav 2.0 is widely believed to have been inspired from the real life story of a serial killer who operated in Mumbai during the later parts of the 60s. Psycho Raman's story has been brought to life by Anurag Kashyap who picked Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the titular character. The movie will release soon in India but it already has a lot of people creeped out by its trailer.

Source - YouTube

2. Sarbjit

Sarbjit is based on the real story of Sarabjit Singh who was captured by the Pakistani forces and his sister's fight for justice.

Based on the real-life hero Sarabjit Singh, this movie was screened at Cannes this Sunday. The critics are already going gaga over Randeep Hooda and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's acting. When Dalbir Kaur says that she saw her brother in Randeep Hooda, that speaks volumes about the movie.

Source - India

3. Mount of Excellence

Mount of Excellence is based on the Maitreya Buddha lineage.

Mount of Excellence is all set to be screened at Cannes this year. The film is based on the Maitreya Buddha lineage and is directed by Shivajee Chandrabhushan. Mount of Excellence is narrated by Kabir Bedi and is already being touted as one of the best documentaries to have come out of India.

Source - Indian Express

4. Tu Hai Mera Sunday

Tu Hai Mera Sunday is about the struggles of five friends who can't find a place in Mumbai to play football.

Tu Hai Mera Sunday is a light-hearted story based in Mumbai. Ad filmmaker cum director, Milind Dhaimade, has hit the ball out of the park with his second movie. It's about five friends who generally play football at Juhu Beach, Mumbai. One day a crazy old man joins the group and he does something because of which a ban is imposed on playing at Juhu beach. Now these five guys have to find a place to play in Mumbai.

Source - Mid-Day

5. Memories And My Mother

Memories and My Mother is an ode to the beautiful city of Kolkata.

Memories And My Mother will be screened at the Cannes Atelier, a section that helps new filmmakers get a platform to showcase their talent. Aditya Vikram Sengupta's movie is said to be a tribute to the city of Kolkata (where he grew up and fell in love with).

Source - Indian Express

6. The Cinema Travellers

The Cinema Travellers is about the lesser known and soon disappearing travelling talkies of Maharashtra.

The Cinema Travellers is a stern look at the disappearing travelling talkies of rural Maharashtra which was once a revered medium. Shirley Abraham and Amit Madheshiya spent over eight years to make this 96 minute long documentary.

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Pree I just posted this on THMS Cannes thread. This is seriously awesome. From having a market premiere to being counted as one of the films that dazzled at Cannes, I am so so happy for Barun. I wish this becomes the surprise hit of this year and cements Barun as a good actor. Things will automatically fall in place for Barun if this works out. 
arnanya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: psarada

Pree I just posted this on THMS Cannes thread. This is seriously awesome. From having a market premiere to being counted as one of the films that dazzled at Cannes, I am so so happy for Barun. I wish this becomes the surprise hit of this year and cements Barun as a good actor. Things will automatically fall in place for Barun if this works out. 

tadasthu
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
With the 'so happy' mood in Shahana's tweet I predicted that THMS would have had a successful premier at Cannes and it's so enthralling to see that the movie has made its mark at its premiere.
Congratulations to the entire team of THMS and especially to our chocolate eyed boy, he is going places and we can see it now.

@pree and psarada thank you for the update.
ILoveDoremon thumbnail
Originally posted by: pree2605

6 Indian Films That Dazzled International Audiences & Made India Proud At Cannes This Year

With every new masala movie that comes out, we see a barrage of people talking about the inherent lack of quality in Bollywood. What we really miss out on is the abundance of good cinema that comes out of India every year which goes unnoticed by the mainstream audience. Once we start showing these movies some love, their financial viability will encourage other filmmakers to come up with more non-masala stuff.

To promote this, we've compiled a list of Indian movies that have dazzled the audiences at the coveted Cannes Film Festival this year. Here's the list:

1. Raman Raghav 2.0

The psychological thriller traces the life of the notorious Psycho Raman killer during the 60s.

Raman Raghav 2.0 is widely believed to have been inspired from the real life story of a serial killer who operated in Mumbai during the later parts of the 60s. Psycho Raman's story has been brought to life by Anurag Kashyap who picked Nawazuddin Siddiqui as the titular character. The movie will release soon in India but it already has a lot of people creeped out by its trailer.

Source - YouTube

2. Sarbjit

Sarbjit is based on the real story of Sarabjit Singh who was captured by the Pakistani forces and his sister's fight for justice.

Based on the real-life hero Sarabjit Singh, this movie was screened at Cannes this Sunday. The critics are already going gaga over Randeep Hooda and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's acting. When Dalbir Kaur says that she saw her brother in Randeep Hooda, that speaks volumes about the movie.

Source - India

3. Mount of Excellence

Mount of Excellence is based on the Maitreya Buddha lineage.

Mount of Excellence is all set to be screened at Cannes this year. The film is based on the Maitreya Buddha lineage and is directed by Shivajee Chandrabhushan. Mount of Excellence is narrated by Kabir Bedi and is already being touted as one of the best documentaries to have come out of India.

Source - Indian Express

4. Tu Hai Mera Sunday

Tu Hai Mera Sunday is about the struggles of five friends who can't find a place in Mumbai to play football.

Tu Hai Mera Sunday is a light-hearted story based in Mumbai. Ad filmmaker cum director, Milind Dhaimade, has hit the ball out of the park with his second movie. It's about five friends who generally play football at Juhu Beach, Mumbai. One day a crazy old man joins the group and he does something because of which a ban is imposed on playing at Juhu beach. Now these five guys have to find a place to play in Mumbai.

Source - Mid-Day

5. Memories And My Mother

Memories and My Mother is an ode to the beautiful city of Kolkata.

Memories And My Mother will be screened at the Cannes Atelier, a section that helps new filmmakers get a platform to showcase their talent. Aditya Vikram Sengupta's movie is said to be a tribute to the city of Kolkata (where he grew up and fell in love with).

Source - Indian Express

6. The Cinema Travellers

The Cinema Travellers is about the lesser known and soon disappearing travelling talkies of Maharashtra.

The Cinema Travellers is a stern look at the disappearing travelling talkies of rural Maharashtra which was once a revered medium. Shirley Abraham and Amit Madheshiya spent over eight years to make this 96 minute long documentary.

I can't be more happy then iam feeling rite now, barun deserves this and he has made it to the international market.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
ILoveDoremon thumbnail
Originally posted by: Faith-N-Hope

With the 'so happy' mood in Shahana's tweet I predicted that THMS would have had a successful premier at Cannes and it's so enthralling to see that the movie has made its mark at its premiere.
Congratulations to the entire team of THMS and especially to our chocolate eyed boy, he is going places and we can see it now.

@pree and psarada thank you for the update.

I so wish he could have made it to cannes. but iam so happy today for the successful premiere
linatunisia thumbnail
Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i wish him lot of success i m sso s sooo proud of his choices #ProudBarunFan