Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
It is actually quite funny if I think about it. Every one says that they want something good on Indian TV to watch but when someone(especially Barun) says about changing it bam everyone comes out and go on as to how it is next to impossible. Sigh - So so Ironical.

Abhi show start bhi nahi hua and we have predictions about how it will not work, how TRPs won't come, how the story will be changed because only one episode is shot blah blah. 

Abhi Barun hasn't even confirmed that he will do a daily bam we have predictions and dissections about what he said and how it is next to impossible. 

I can very well imagine what is going to happen if Barun's show is aired as a daily albeit a finite episodes one only. 😆 IPK's tagline suits Barun more - Mohabbat door jaane na de, Nafrat pass aane na de. 
Edited by psarada - 7 years ago
twinkletoes.. thumbnail
I so wish that if some members really are interested in dissecting things they stick to only Barun's iv! As if his iv's are not enough now members posts are also being dissected and interpreted according to convenience. And selective reading seems to be the norm. Barun has no where said that if he is the producer he can control trp's. He clearly mentioned that there are many factors that come into play and when he does a daily soap he would like to have some part in the authority. He never made any tall claims of controlling the whole thing! I think being a producer cum actor will have some benefits than being only an actor.
And moreover all this discussion is baseless at the end of it coz the answers that Barun gave were only for a "what if" scenarios.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: twinkletoes..

I so wish that if some members really are interested in dissecting things they stick to only Barun's iv! As if his iv's are not enough now members posts are also being dissected and interpreted according to convenience. And selective reading seems to be the norm. Barun has no where said that if he is the producer he can control trp's. He clearly mentioned that there are many factors that come into play and when he does a daily soap he would like to have some part in the authority. He never made any tall claims of controlling the whole thing! I think being a producer cum actor will have some benefits than being only an actor.

And moreover all this discussion is baseless at the end of it coz the answers that Barun gave were only for a "what if" scenarios.

@Bold:- People have selective reading habits na so they have not understood that Barun was giving an answer to a 'What about coming back to Daily shows" question. Bas read the first line and jump on in the dissection. After all this is more entertaining na. 😛
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: MastMalang

No offense..but how hard it is for ppl to understand what he said about daily soaps.
Daily soaps doesn't mean that he intends to one which would run for 1 or 2 years.
He might meant format. He can do a show with 100 episodes but which comes daily.. that means it would end in 3-4 months.. daily soaps can also have fixed number of episodes. 
I think he meant that only since he said he wants to do something which is in his control, no trp pressure and fixed story line which only means fixed no. of episodes
If we look at SKK, he will be shooting 26 1 hour episodes which means 52 half episodes. In daily format, it translates into around 2 -2.5 months worth of episodes.
So ppl ready to jump on his statements, hope some logical thinking helps.

Pallu behen!! So good to see you again. 😃

Did you see the new picture Gul posted? The one where she's doing what needs to be done? 😆 Sobti looks so dashing in a tux. Also the latest one from SKK where he has his smirk back. Damn it, gorgeous, gorgeous. I can't wait to have that beauty back on my TV. 

Also the Cannes news. Man, it's the best time to be a fan. 😎
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Avidtvwatcher1

Forget TRP knowledge , your knowledge of how producers can operate and be adamant ( I am sure it helps in their relationship with the channels 😆 is amazing ) for your info most new TV shows get a 15 day notice to shut down and some even lesser than that .

The last episode which had Urvashi was the Holi episode where the engagement was announced , I didn't exactly see her exit . How exactly did that happen ? Maybe I missed an episode or so . 4-5 days ahead of schedule is normal for organised daily shows and the reason is that they do wait for the trp and react accordingly . Had that not been the case they would shoot months in advance .

Even a show like 24 shot only 10 episodes before it got the air date .

And your point is? 🥱
limoncello thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Avidtvwatcher1

Forget TRP knowledge , your knowledge of how producers can operate and be adamant ( I am sure it helps in their relationship with the channels 😆 is amazing ) for your info most new TV shows get a 15 day notice to shut down and some even lesser than that .

The last episode which had Urvashi was the Holi episode where the engagement was announced , I didn't exactly see her exit . How exactly did that happen ? Maybe I missed an episode or so . 4-5 days ahead of schedule is normal for organised daily shows and the reason is that they do wait for the trp and react accordingly . Had that not been the case they would shoot months in advance .

Even a show like 24 shot only 10 episodes before it got the air date .

I said they 'could' do that, but they don't! They should! Most definitely! But then again, I'm idealistic like that! As long as there are people who are equally regressive as the regressive shows they watch, nothing of that sort will ever happen!

Lol! You didn't see her exit, so you assumed that they just left it like that? I am sorry, I might have missed your point. Did you say you know she exited the show but don't know how or did you mean to say the writers had amnesia and Shravan is still technically engaged to Urvashi?

archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Mission accomplished. The thread has officially been deviated & taken completely off track. Good luck to people who come here for info. I hope you manage to find them amidst all this talk. Wonder how this kind of elaborate discussion doesn't happen when something non-controversial or nice comes out in the news for Sobti or his fans. Strange pattern.
Mustang thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Woooaaa!
Did he mention dailies? 👏
Love how he sends out feelers about his current stance on things!
I am waiting!
archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Also, feelers through a news portal that is oh-so-popular that channels follow it? Funny. Can do that in private directly to channels & PHs. But of course not. He chooses a media portal that is SO HUGELY followed to send out feelers. He must be so clever.
twinkletoes.. thumbnail

@mustang

Nope! He didn't mention the dailies. The journo did! He just answered a question related to it.
I think you haven't read the whole iv.
Here is the link
http://www.freepressjournal.in/televisionbollywood-web-series-barun-sobti-decoded/835740

Hope this helps :)
Edited by twinkletoes.. - 7 years ago