Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: archana.mh17

Guys, make another thread to discuss this interview, if needed. Can we get back to SKK? He said, episodes on Sundays. So, if that is the case, we get to see him on screen for a good half year, hopefully, with things working out. What's better than that after a drought of nearly 4yrs.

@bold:- That seems to be the best thing in a way. But I so wanted to see Barun in a bi-weekly show. How can I wait for a week to watch him again. But then again if I can wait for English shows for their airing once a week I sure can wait for Barun too I guess. 
Whatever the interpretations, I am just glad that Barun has started slowly realizing the importance of keeping all avenues of acting open. 😃
limoncello thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Avidtvwatcher1

What is so special about his shows that TRP do not effect them ? I watch a lot of TV and I have seen both finite shows of 26 episodes as well as finite daily soaps as you say of 100 odd episodes being effected due to TRP .
Currently watching 2 shows on star plus . Both are finite daily shows and both have got effected due to lower trp and storyline has been changed .

I am not a regular on this thread . Just very curious why other daily shows are " mindless dailies " which get effected by trp and his shows arnt ?

Yes, you've mentioned before that you are a soap fan. Are you an old soap fan or a new soap fan? Have you been watching them for a long time?

The reason I ask is that, if you have been watching some of the dailies that are airing currently, you will know that they all started out wonderfully. They deserved the high TRPs they all got. But then, as it always happens with shows these days, they all went haywire. I am not sure if it is due to the fluctuating TRPs and the pressures it comes with or if it is because the writers could no longer cope up with the pressures of writing for a daily show.

I am watching EDKV on Sony and it is a finite show. It's TRP is 0.4!!! It's really sad because I think it's the best among all the shows currently on air! But the story line is set, the script is bound. So as a viewer who doesn't have to worry about the TRPs, I'm very happy! But that is what Barun meant I guess when he spoke about TRPs. Also, if he is the producer, he can take a stand and be adamant about not changing the story line due to any TRP or Channel pressure. Also, a daily need not be 5000 episodes long...it can also be 100-150 epis long like Dehleez. So even if there's a minor deviation in story line, the essence of the show can still be maintained.

PSharada thumbnail
I so wish Zee would at least announce the slot and air date for SKK. Looks like they have zeroed in for Sunday so can we at least get an article what the show timings are? Any one know what are the weekly shows on Zee TV that are on air now? I don't think Zee TV airs dailies for all 7 days like SP does isn't it? 
PSharada thumbnail
Originally posted by: limoncello

Yes, you've mentioned before that you are a soap fan. Are you an old soap fan or a new soap fan? Have you been watching them for a long time?

The reason I ask is that, if you have been watching some of the dailies that are airing currently, you will know that they all started out wonderfully. They deserved the high TRPs they all got. But then, as it always happens with shows these days, they all went haywire. I am not sure if it is due to the fluctuating TRPs and the pressures it comes with or if it is because the writers could no longer cope up with the pressures of writing for a daily show.

I am watching EDKV on Sony and it is a finite show. It's TRP is 0.4!!! It's really sad because I think it's the best among all the shows currently on air! But the story line is set, the script is bound. So as a viewer who doesn't have to worry about the TRPs, I'm very happy! But that is what Barun meant I guess when he spoke about TRPs. Also, if he is the producer, he can take a stand and be adamant about not changing the story line due to any TRP or Channel pressure. Also, a daily need not be 5000 episodes long...it can also be 100-150 epis long like Dehleez. So even if there's a minor deviation in story line, the essence of the show can still be maintained.

There was one very old IV of Barun where he talked about working in series like Homeland and adapting American shows to Indian TV. Somehow I am thinking Barun is quite serious on this and maybe if he is the producer then he can take a risk and stick to the essence of the show. And now a days with the Indian shows being so popular in other countries definitely they can earn lots of money by selling the shows to other channels. I seriously want him to do something like Elementary or may be period romance like Downton Abbey. 
Glad he has also opened one other door

Production 👏
limoncello thumbnail
Originally posted by: Avidtvwatcher1

I am an old viewer , abt 4-5 yrs . Watch a lot of shows .

I am watching the show you mentioned as well as another show on Sony . Both are finite . What makes you think script is set and bound ? EDKV has already had a changed track . Shravan was engaged to another girl , track didn't work and she has vanished , her track is over . Dahleez has not had minor but major deviation and fans are upset .

I didn't realise producers were so powerful in the TV industry that if they are adamant story track does not change . Also that TRP is channels headache and not producers . I always thought channels rule and what they decide is final .

It's quiet obvious people on this thread have some unique knowledge of TRP and how the TV industry runs .

TRP is actually both the Channel and Producers' headache. Producers can be adamant. They can say 'Give me a few weeks more. Good things are in the pipeline for the show. If not, we will end it on a good note' and end the show. It's another issue that Producers don't usually want to do that coz who doesn't like to make money? And getting another slot on prime time is always difficult. So they stick it out. It doesn't mean that it can't be done!

People on this thread, which includes you, are as knowledgeable as you are yourself. 😆

I am not aware of Dehleez, I don't watch it. But EDKV shoots are 4-5 days ahead of schedule. They had already shot the exit of Urvashi even before the hue and cry about the engagement started. So yeah, that was not a deviation from the original story line.

limoncello thumbnail
Originally posted by: DreamBig.

Glad he has also opened one other door

Production 👏

I know right!!!! It's not new though. He has always said he wants to be one! I'm glad he's still thinking about it. So happy! I hope he works something out for himself.  😃
PSharada thumbnail
So looks like Neeli Chatri Waale is ending and the shoot is going to wrap up by April 30th. But they already have an bank of episodes so it might go on air for some time longer. This is information according to the rival site. Any idea what is the timing for this show? I am guessing Neeli Chatri waale might be pushed ahead to make time for SKK after IPL ends. 
limoncello thumbnail
Originally posted by: psarada

So looks like Neeli Chatri Waale is ending and the shoot is going to wrap up by April 30th. But they already have an bank of episodes so it might go on air for some time longer. This is information according to the rival site. Any idea what is the timing for this show? I am guessing Neeli Chatri waale might be pushed ahead to make time for SKK after IPL ends. 

That's what I read too!

It airs on Sun 8:30-9:30 pm.