Munmun with regards to Tanuj/Iyyer

Ratikal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
https://mobile.twitter.com/moonstar4u/status/717753847326777344

Is Munmun indirectly insulting Tanuj here? ðŸ˜² if not she is still hinting that in the show, Babita should not have proposed Iyyer because he is dark and no match for her but hey that's just a show and in real life she wouldn't. Or this is just her anger due to their offscreen issues?
That's what I felt and would like to know what ya'll think of her tweet?
Edited by Indiaphorum - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That was a really stupid tweet by that person. These people don't mind watching  jetha - babita flirting scenes but they have problems with iyer proposing to babita. Well,it's not completely his fault as this show does encourage people to hate iyer because of his complexion since the beginning. 
I don't think munmun indirectly said that she hates tanuj.She meant that they are not real life couple so it's ok.
Ratikal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shanak_Fan

That was a really stupid tweet by that person. These people don't mind watching  jetha - babita flirting scenes but they have problems with iyer proposing to babita. Well,it's not completely his fault as this show does encourage people to hate iyer because of his complexion since the beginning. 

I don't think munmun indirectly said that she hates tanuj.She meant that they are not real life couple so it's ok.

She is implying Iyyer is inferior. 
AV25 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's really unfortunate that she didn't think before that tweet. Or she couldn't realise that this will indirectly promote racism. And in the show too. They make fun of Iyer's complexion. They really need to change this attitude and also bring a track on racism that we see in India.
Really some people are very narrow minded and colour is such a huge thing for them.
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think it was just a casual reply to a random fan. She didn't do with much thought or what alternate meaning it can lead to .
What is with this guy btw ? Why disappointed ? She married a learned man who made it in life with his own hardwork. Which idiot has said that women fall for good lookign man only ? 
Ratikal thumbnail

Originally posted by: AV25

It's really unfortunate that she didn't think before that tweet. Or she couldn't realise that this will indirectly promote racism. And in the show too. They make fun of Iyer's complexion. They really need to change this attitude and also bring a track on racism that we see in India.

Really some people are very narrow minded and colour is such a huge thing for them.

Yes should have thought before tweeting. We may never know her intention though.
Ratikal thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

I think it was just a casual reply to a random fan. She didn't do with much thought or what alternate meaning it can lead to .

What is with this guy btw ? Why disappointed ? She married a learned man who made it in life with his own hardwork. Which idiot has said that women fall for good lookign man only ? 

But she did mean that Iyer is inferior no? As she mentioned it's not real life. It came out wrong. 
Lol yea that guy feels disappointed..he is as shocked as Jetha in the show. They can't believe that Babita can fall for a man like Iyer due to his complexion. Well they can't see past the complexion. 
Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is what happens in indian society.Fair gals are more preferred for marriage than dark skinned gals.Just look at matrimonial columns in newspapers and matrimonial sites.Most of them want a fair gal for marriage.Dark skinned gals find it difficult to get a good groom.

Similarly this show also indirectly promotes racism.The hero of the show who is not so good looking and handsome always makes fun of a character because he is dark.He knows that iyer is well educated,doing a respectable job and earning well but still feels that babita shouldn't have married him because he is dark.Recently there was a scene where jetha mocks iyer by calling his face a beautiful face.This show wants viewers to believe that iyer is ugly because he is dark.So obviously the viewers will also have the same opinion about iyer.

Once I was reading very old posts in this forum and there were lot of members here who were calling iyer ugly crow.

artifacts thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I would like to give her a benefit of doubt. I don't think his color matters to her, she might not be racist.  
I think she just dislikes him and one can't really know why ! It can happen that two people just don't get along and that's quite normal. Both are tolerating each other just for the sake of their profession.

About the show, yes definitely it is racist sometimes but then it also tends to put women in stereotypical regressive types. And it is called comedy in a fictional show.