SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey gals🤗
Happy Vishu n Baisakhi everyone🤗Today is Tamil new year as well😳
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Same to you, However Baisakhi was yesterday, today here in North we have Ashtami of the navratre where the hindu community feed small girls and boys, my mom does it as she is Punjabi hindu, so I have seen it.. however I am half Christian, and half Hindu... but I love these festivals, as I have grown up doing all this..

oh my god yess.. kanya puja na? 
Our neighbors used to call on me and my sister when were younger to do puja of us and then they used to give us this delicious chole puri and sheera😆
aaj bhi aayega phir ghar pe puri 🤣
But humari ab pooja nai hoti cause I dont think they do that to girls who have hit puberty
SillyPepper thumbnail

Same to you, However Baisakhi was yesterday, today here in North we have Ashtami of the navratre where the hindu community feed small girls and boys, my mom does it as she is Punjabi hindu, so I have seen it.. however I am half Christian, and half Hindu... but I love these festivals, as I have grown up doing all this..

Hey Regina! They do that for Lakshmi pooja too Na? Feeding small girls
SillyPepper thumbnail
Nikki🤗🤗
Yeah me too remember those days! I freaked out when an elderly person washed my legs and vehemently denied when they gave new 10 rupees note... But happily gorged that poori,chole n halwa
mizzundaztud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sanika.

oh my god yess.. kanya puja na? 
Our neighbors used to call on me and my sister when were younger to do puja of us and then they used to give us this delicious chole puri and sheera😆
aaj bhi aayega phir ghar pe puri 🤣
But humari ab pooja nai hoti cause I dont think they do that to girls who have hit puberty

yes, that's right, when I was small, even I used to carry a bag with me for money the ppl used to give, even this morning i saw in my society girls and boys running with small bags 😆 so it was nostalgic

yes when a girl reaches puberty she doesn't go for the pooja
mizzundaztud thumbnail
Originally posted by: cindrella255

Hey Regina! They do that for Lakshmi pooja too Na? Feeding small girls

not exactly Lakshmi Pooja, Lakshmi Pooja is done in Diwali.. they do it twice a year, once in Chaitra navratre, which is usually in April and second one in October, that's when Bengalis celebrate Durga Pooja, North Indians do Dusserra.
mizzundaztud thumbnail
Originally posted by: cindrella255

Nikki🤗🤗

Yeah me too remember those days! I freaked out when an elderly person washed my legs and vehemently denied when they gave new 10 rupees note... But happily gorged that poori,chole n halwa

yes, true, they wash feet of girls and boys, and take their blessings... and the chole puri and halwa are such a lovely combination... my aunt who lives near my place celebrates it on Navmi, so i m going to go their tomorrow to hog...😆🤣
rekha.366 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Any one feel pushky chikni chameli lag raha Hai 😆
mizzundaztud thumbnail
Originally posted by: rekha.366

Kya baath chal rahi Hai

Hey Rekha, we are discussing Kanya Pooja on Ashtmi and Navmi in North India.. brings so many memories 😊
SillyPepper thumbnail
Regina- Oh! Sorry  not aware of Hindu culture, am Muslim...but enjoy with friends... I spent my childhood in Punjab,where we will asked to gather at someone's home,they will wash feet, give those yummy poori n chole n halwa ,Finally a new 5/10/rupees note...some will seek blessings too...Good old days!
Previous
1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 109
Next