Tashan-e-Ishq

TEI EP 195: Matters of the Heart?; Analysis

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

The last two episodes have been super crappy and so was today but the amount of laughs I had while watching provoked me to do an analytical post. Going to be brief because obviously not much to say. 

The episode started with Twinkle going on and on about her Mahi-jaap and invading the protective circle Deevika Khanna had around her. The attempt signified how Twinkle herself went ahead to look for Mahi where as Kunj had been hesitant in doing so but complied because of Mahi. 

The check thrown at Twinkle is made out to 500,000. 500 resonates with signifiant and divine change in life approaching. The '000' together combines the universal and divine energy and force behind the person or their goal. The name Deevika means "goddess of the entire universe". The entire track is basically pointing at how everything and everyone will basically go against Yuvraj and bring justice to Mahi's heartbreak and Twinkle's heartbreak. 

The next with Deevika offering wine to Yuvraj signified Mahi/Deevika using all those things in the book that Mahi would never willingly go for. The white dress represented purity of Deevika's intentions despite her actions. Alcohol blinds a person and with Yuvi willingly walking towards Deevika, it showed him willingly accepting all of his misgivings.

Situations of heartbreak either make a person or break them. Twinkle after her heartbreak and rejection from Tanejas and Sarnas alike after her marriage only stood strong because of her determination to prove herself however besides that, Twinkle was shown to suffer a set back. Her smiles vanished and her cheery attitude faded away whereas Mahi, who was surrounded by anxiety and shyness broke down the barriers because of guilt that came along with her silence. Mahi has indeed turned into a swan from the "ugly duckling" everyone estimated her to be where as Twinkle has been crushed and shattered and her only driving force is the anger that consumes her. I think I really am liking the progress Twinkle's character has taken because Love is her weakness and strength. Yuvraj's love has broken her but Kunj's love is keeping her steady and once she feels secure enough in her relationship, she will return to being the person she was. 

Deevika throwing the documents at Twinkle signified the proof of change in Mahi/Deevika. This is the person she is now and there is no going back. First heartbreak doesn't produce the best reactions and this is what Mahi/Deevika will be. She no longer only manipulates people for what she wants but she'll stand up with a straight face and shoulders back because she has nothing left to loose. Desperation has touched the Tanejas and they will not be sitting back idly. 

The documents emphasized on three things that are defining to the Deevika. The date of birth was 1990. 1990 as a whole number signifies divine light that leads the way. This fight from Twinkle is for her sister where as for Kunj, it is for his wife and he cannot stand get Twinkle to be a fully devoted wife until the anger fades away and that ca only happen once Twinkle successfully exposes herself Yuvraj but the "lawyer" and the "evidence" that is needed to get Yuvi to justice he deserves, can be given by Deevika. The ENxt thing emphasized was the name of mother, Anamika. Anamika means ring finger, little sister and is a name derived from the word that translates not nameless. So far half the people finding out about Deevika have only just learned about her and that proves how Deevika is a nameless product. She is also Twinkle's little sister. Another is Deevika being an architect. An Architect builds things and Deevika is here to build on the foundations that will lead towards justice of heartbreaks. 

The DNA reports came back negative for the body that was found and other body has not been found yet. Something to defiantly ponder upon but also proving that Mahi had escaped the fall. The mountain and edge of Yuvi's betrayal did push Mahi off and Twinkle being present in the house while Yuvi continued to play with her sister's life proved her inability to safe Mahi from the fall however once Yuvi let go of Mahi, he didn't estimate that she'll rescue herself. The fact that now every single person in the family will be aware of the body not belonging to Mahi, solidifies Mahi's return to Amritsar. 

The desi-bachelorette was amusing and entertaining in all of it's glory. While Mahi and Twinkle both wore blue color, signifying their determination and their calculative insight into the situation, Kunj stood in white with a black stripped shirt inside. He wore black yesterday as well. As hot as Sidhant looks in black, black is not a good sign for the characters of Kunj and Twinkle. The cloud of insecurity cast by Yuvi's continued presence has started falling on Kunj and will impact his relationship with Twinkle regardless of his ability to understand the situation and the dilemma Twinkle is in. 

"Aadat se Majbor" touched on the roots of Yuvraj's character. His obsession with Twinkle isn't over and will never be over as it is the driving point of his life however in the time he gets in between, Yuvraj likes to treat himself. Deevika Khanna is a muse who throws challenges at Yuvraj while being submissive. Quite like what Twinkle used to be when she reciprocated Yuvraj's feelings. Yuvraj is also attracted to glamor and lavish lifestyle unlike Twinkle and Kunj who are more humble, grounded and enjoy the little moments. He wants everything that pleases his eye and Deevika is literally playing on the weakness of this spoilt brat. 

This track is okay and something along similar lines would've happened with the way the previous track was introduced but good god, they could've introduced the ploy in a linear fashion to keep the audience engaged. Saturday's episode started of okay and then all of a sudden we see a knowing look pass between the couple to go to Mumbai and then we see one person freaking out with grief and paranoia while the other is frustrated and trying his best to be a helpful hand and then all of sudden today we find out that these three are in it together? What crap is that? This is the reason TEI's TRPs are constant to 1.8-2.0  
Majority of Indian shows are illogical but they show how and why dead people turn into lively energetic zombies from what I know. No explanations and just rushing through tracks is under estimating the TRP aunties too. 

My rating for today's episode, 2/5. 

Leave your thoughts. 
Edited by areeba_blossom - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Jenelle-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
ok i was just about to log off when i saw this. I couldn't resist and had to read. Superb as usual AreebaπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Edited by --Jenelle-- - 8 years ago
Tranquility123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
"Not much to say" She says. Dude it's long! 

Will reply in a bizzle, so reserved for now.
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tranquility123

"Not much to say" She says. Dude it's long! 

Will reply in a bizzle, so reserved for now.

I TRIEDD!! I tried to be brief. πŸ€“
dksamma thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Only you Areeba coluld have seen this episode and analyzed it seriously. After reading yourpost I think maybe it wasn't that comical after all. 
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: dksamma

Only you Areeba coluld have seen this episode and analyzed it seriously. After reading yourpost I think maybe it wasn't that comical after all. 

hum bhi hain aadat se majboor over things we obsess after. πŸ€”

but terrible execution and direction of the episodes is responsible for all of this otherwise the story is very similar to what we usually see on Indian soaps. Don't give us logic but give us reasoning at least. 

Maybe tomorrow we might get a throughly good episode. until then I am going to have laughs at this! πŸ˜›
Tranquility123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I know it has only been like two or three days but I've missed your posts, I'm such an addict I know πŸ˜†

Most of the things that happened these past few days were quite self-explanatory I guess. Twinkle's desperation, Mahi's determination and Kunj's frustration. I love how prepared I am to handle the problems that will arise in Twinjs relationship because you gave us the heads up so long ago πŸ˜Ž

Dude, seriously how do you manage to depict such detail from a 5 second scene where the passport is shown for literally 0.5 seconds? πŸ˜³ I know people picked up on the year 1990 and were confused about it too but your break down is so fascinating and again, I am awed by your numerology takes. 

Yuvi's song sequence was lols but I got the underlying message too. Old habits die hard, the saying goes. He just cant help himself with his obsession. Okay, I really miss Meg right now because I'm pretty sure she would've smashed out an analysis on Yuvi's sequence today. 

Great post Areeba, I actually had a chance to look underneath all the hilarity because I've been in hysterical fits all day πŸ˜† So thanks for being able to control your sense of humour too πŸ€£
kardooks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
2/5 oooh that's kinda harsh, I actually enjoyed today's episode well the second half at least, providing I wanted to strangle Twinkle in the first half.
There must come a time when she have to realize that her husband have needs and she must consider him before running of to save the world. I didn't like the episode where she ran to catch Yuvi's fling and when Kunj asked her if she's okay, how she ignored him. 
Moving forward I want to see her a little bit considerate towards him, granted that he is the kind of person who will be by her side no matter what, but hell it won't hurt to show a little appreciation.
Btw how hot did Zain looked today, when he entered on the bike I was wishing that he wasn't evil. 
Happy that you decided to give us an analysis.
twinjaddict thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If I wasn't so addicted to this show, I would have SO stopped watching ages ago but it was nice to read your analysis of the episode. I appreciate how this track is going by quickly, I just want to see TwiNj being all cute with each other, we're all done with this Devika/Mahi drama.
kardooks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tranquility123

I know it has only been like two or three days but I've missed your posts, I'm such an addict I know πŸ˜†

Most of the things that happened these past few days were quite self-explanatory I guess. Twinkle's desperation, Mahi's determination and Kunj's frustration. I love how prepared I am to handle the problems that will arise in Twinjs relationship because you gave us the heads up so long ago πŸ˜Ž

Dude, seriously how do you manage to depict such detail from a 5 second scene where the passport is shown for literally 0.5 seconds? πŸ˜³ I know people picked up on the year 1990 and were confused about it too but your break down is so fascinating and again, I am awed by your numerology takes. 

Yuvi's song sequence was lols but I got the underlying message too. Old habits die hard, the saying goes. He just cant help himself with his obsession. Okay, I really miss Meg right now because I'm pretty sure she would've smashed out an analysis on Yuvi's sequence today. 

Great post Areeba, I actually had a chance to look underneath all the hilarity because I've been in hysterical fits all day πŸ˜† So thanks for being able to control your sense of humour too πŸ€£

When I saw your posts today of wanting to be under Zain in the push-up scene I cracked up, because I didn't see the episode as yet, after viewing the episode I understood what you meant, the guy was smoking hot today even his dialogues I loved the twinkle mera honey, Mahi mera money lines, I was also cracking up at Kunj's facial expression when Yuvi was wooing Mahi. Overall I think it was an okay episode.