What is the best thing about the writing of your favourite authors?

Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello. Its my first post here. 😳 I have been stalking this forum for quite a long time now and finally decided to make a post. I am an introvert who cannot survive without a book, they are like food for my brain! 😆

So my question is quite clear and to the point. What is the best part about the writing style of your favourite authors? 

For me, my favourite authors are JK Rowling and Jane Austen. And here is what I love about them.

Jane Austen : Simple storyline yet its so addicting. I still remember be eexcitement at the end of every chapter of Sense and Sensibility as to what will come next and in Pride and Prejudice to see what will happen next with Elizabeth and Mr.Darcy or in Persuasion about how Anne will keep her dignity ahead of her feelings and will she suppress all those emotions? I feast on Jane novels 😆 (My next read is going to be Emma!)

JK Rowling : Just opposite of Jane Austen. Complex storyline yet so simple and addicting! The way she keeps dropping hints in the book to finally connect all dots at the time of climax is wow! While you read the climax, things turn out opposite of what you expect and you, the reader, is left shocked! I judged Snape a lot but alas I was so wrong! 😭 (Just finished the Harry Potter series yesterday and oh the seventh book was an emotional ride!) 

Who are your favourite authors and what do you love about them?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meitantei-san thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hello!
The starting line of your post is the basic description of me.. 😆
I am a major introvert and books are my bloodline..
Well, i have a trail of favourite authors..
But, i just finished reading 'The Last Song' by Nicholas Sparks, one of my favourite authors, so i'll share about him :)
I think what i really love about his writing that the way he expresses emotions has me really, really feel for the character..
So like, there was this line - "The daughter he loved more than life itself..." 
It touched me so much.. Such simple words combine to form a powerful, powerful sentence..
I had started reading at night and i couldnt help but finish it the same day.. It was so engrossing! By the end, uncontrollable tears were streaming down the face.. At times, i would pause so i could cry and cry some more..
My heart ached and i felt for the characters so deeply..
I just simply love this about him! The fact that he can make me feel like i know the characters personally..
And i recommend this book to you too! Its one of the best books i've read in quite some time 😃
iPriyalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Angela!! So good to see you!
I'll tell you about my favourite writer. He's Khaled Hosseini, the writer of 3 amazing books, The Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid Suns and And The Mountains Echoed. 
His writing is very clear, beautiful, deep and meaningful. I love the fact that he chooses words that make a direct impact in the readers. More than anything else, I love the content of his books: the background of his books is always his native place, Afghanistan, presented in his poetical beauty destroyed by the unmeaningful war.
I don't know what else to add Angela, if anyone hasn't ever tried any book of his, please do it. It's an amazing experiance.

And yes, I'm an introvert bookworm too 😆
Edited by iPriyalicious - 8 years ago
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Hey both of you. 😃
@Meitantei - Ho dear. Well I have heard about Nicholas Sparks from a lot of people. Especially one of my sisters. She loves reading his books. Though I tried reading the Notebook, I could not complete it because of lack of time and then I started reading something else. Makes me wonder if I should read it again? 

@iPriyalicious - OMG! Look we meet again and how and where! I stopped following Swaragini and then I have not visited the AT also. I saw Teju in a few siggies and god she looks beautiful. But RagYa was indeed the end again. 😆 Anyways, I haven't tried Khaled Hosseni yet though I have heard his praise from lot of people. I might read his books after Emma, To Kill a Mocking Bird but so far I am packed 😆 Might even read the works of Sir Common Doyle. 😊 Nice to meet a friend here. I want this forum to be more active. I can be my new IF hub. 😆
iPriyalicious thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angela_Grokes

Hey both of you. 😃

@Meitantei - Ho dear. Well I have heard about Nicholas Sparks from a lot of people. Especially one of my sisters. She loves reading his books. Though I tried reading the Notebook, I could not complete it because of lack of time and then I started reading something else. Makes me wonder if I should read it again? 

@iPriyalicious - OMG! Look we meet again and how and where! I stopped following Swaragini and then I have not visited the AT also. I saw Teju in a few siggies and god she looks beautiful. But RagYa was indeed the end again. 😆 Anyways, I haven't tried Khaled Hosseni yet though I have heard his praise from lot of people. I might read his books after Emma, To Kill a Mocking Bird but so far I am packed 😆 Might even read the works of Sir Common Doyle. 😊 Nice to meet a friend here. I want this forum to be more active. I can be my new IF hub. 😆

Angela I'm so glad that you still remember me even though we never really interacted a lot. We had just few occasions to fangirl together. Hope to be fangirling over books with you! ❤️

@Meitantej I've heard about Nicholas Sparks a lot, I watched one movie inspired from his book and I didnt find anything extraordinary. Maybe I have to read a book of him and I will surely try one.

Angela, I've stopped watching Swaragini so many months ago and even I don't visit the forum anymore. Teja is looking splendid but I just can't tolerate that crap, even though I'm keeping myself updated with all her pics. She's love.

I'd love to read To KIll A Mocking Bird, I've heard about it a lot. What is it about?
Edited by iPriyalicious - 8 years ago
Angela_Grokes thumbnail

Originally posted by: iPriyalicious

Angela I'm so glad that you still remember me even though we never really interacted a lot. We had just few occasions to fangirl together. Hope to be fangirling over books with you! ❤️

@Meitantej I've heard about Nicholas Sparks a lot, I watched one movie inspired from his book and I didnt find anything extraordinary. Maybe I have to read a book of him and I will surely try one.

Angela, I've stopped watching Swaragini so many months ago and even I don't visit the forum anymore. Teja is looking splendid but I just can't tolerate that crap, even though I'm keeping myself updated with all her pics. She's love.

I'd love to read To KIll A Mocking Bird, I've heard about it a lot. What is it about?

Oh yes that is true. But they say that on IF fangirling is like blood relation. 😆 So you see. 😊

I know right! The Swaragini Crap-o-meter has now reached its all time high. 😆 It had to reach this point, it is a Rashmi Show after all. I liked Kasam in between but bah! Ekta! 😆

I am still reading Emma but after that I will read To Kill a Mocking Bird. Emma is one good read. 

What are you reading right now?
iPriyalicious thumbnail

Oh yes that is true. But they say that on IF fangirling is like blood relation. 😆 So you see. 😊

I know right! The Swaragini Crap-o-meter has now reached its all time high. 😆 It had to reach this point, it is a Rashmi Show after all. I liked Kasam in between but bah! Ekta! 😆

I am still reading Emma but after that I will read To Kill a Mocking Bird. Emma is one good read. 

What are you reading right now?

I'm now watching the re-runs of Madhubala on Rishtey and some American TV shows like Quantico and I'm trying Game Of Thrones (waaay better than Indian daily soaps).

I've never read Emma actually. Out of all Jane Austen books, I've read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. I loved them.

Not reading much now because I'm busy with studying but have a list of books to read, like Rushdie's Midnight Children and some Paul Coehlo books. 
Angela_Grokes thumbnail

I'm now watching the re-runs of Madhubala on Rishtey and some American TV shows like Quantico and I'm trying Game Of Thrones (waaay better than Indian daily soaps).

I've never read Emma actually. Out of all Jane Austen books, I've read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. I loved them.

Not reading much now because I'm busy with studying but have a list of books to read, like Rushdie's Midnight Children and some Paul Coehlo books. 

Quantico is good. Game of Thrones has lots of drama. It is hugely popular. I haven't tried it yet. Indian daily soaps can also be good but they destroy the story for daily episodes. Had they been biweekly (Naagin recently; though they destroyed it also), they would have been interesting.

Ah! Yes Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility are hugely popular. I love Elizabeth and oh! Who can love Elinor. <3 Though I am not a big fan of Marianne but she grew a lot throughout the book.

I am also busy with studies. But like I said, I read for living. If you asked me, live to read or read to live, I'd choose live to read. 😆 I prefer reading books while travelling through bus, all thanks to Bangalore. It is one big city. 
iPriyalicious thumbnail

Quantico is good. Game of Thrones has lots of drama. It is hugely popular. I haven't tried it yet. Indian daily soaps can also be good but they destroy the story for daily episodes. Had they been biweekly (Naagin recently; though they destroyed it also), they would have been interesting.

Ah! Yes Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility are hugely popular. I love Elizabeth and oh! Who can love Elinor. <3 Though I am not a big fan of Marianne but she grew a lot throughout the book.

I am also busy with studies. But like I said, I read for living. If you asked me, live to read or read to live, I'd choose live to read. 😆 I prefer reading books while travelling through bus, all thanks to Bangalore. It is one big city. 

You know what, I've been trying to find a good indian show to watch but the struggle is so real lol. I agree, biweekly shows would be better and easier to catch up with.
Talking about Quantico, I SO LOVE IT, I'm hooked with that show since episode one. GoT is ok for now, I've just watched 3 episodes lol, and yeah I've tried because there were too many people talking about it and loving it.

Elizabeht and Elinor ahh ❤️

I read and eat to live actually 😆. I love reading too, but not in buses, I don't feel comfortable and I get headache pretty easily. On the other hand, my fav place to read is lying on the grass or my bed. Favourite places to read are lonely ones. 
Angela_Grokes thumbnail

You know what, I've been trying to find a good indian show to watch but the struggle is so real lol. I agree, biweekly shows would be better and easier to catch up with.
Talking about Quantico, I SO LOVE IT, I'm hooked with that show since episode one. GoT is ok for now, I've just watched 3 episodes lol, and yeah I've tried because there were too many people talking about it and loving it.

Elizabeht and Elinor ahh ❤️

I read and eat to live actually 😆. I love reading too, but not in buses, I don't feel comfortable and I get headache pretty easily. On the other hand, my fav place to read is lying on the grass or my bed. Favourite places to read are lonely ones. 

You'll not get a good show now. They are all regressive crap these days. Try Sarabhai VS Sarabhai. 

I have watched first few episodes of Quantico, good series it is. So many people talk about GoT that it gets a bit tedious at times. 😆

Ah yes! I love bed time reading. When the room is cool, you are free of all the irritation you had to endure throughout the day and you mood is just right. You can feast on a good book for hours, without feeling sleepy. And if the book is not good, you might want to sleep early. In both cases, a win-win situation. Lol.. 😆