Debate Mansion

Umrao Jaan

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Who is EXCITED about Umrao Jaan? do u think it will live up to its expectations especially since it is a remake (and there was a topic on remakes)? Will it be glamour like devdas? Comments PlzZZ!Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umrao Jaan" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

prietyny

Goldie

prietyny

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
not me Ouch i saw orginial doubt that the remake gonna be good

Edited by prietyny - 11 November 2006 at 4:03pm

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
I dont expect it to be good because i think nowadays remakes are all about the bling rather than the actual good stories which made the originals classics.

shikara

Groupbie

shikara

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
I dont think it will be good. JP dutta is not a filmmaker who can carry a story like this pluis he is too self indulgent and th movie will be way tooo long!

Noor_64

Goldie

Noor_64

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
i saw it..i personally liked it, but i didn't see the original, so i don't know how it compares to it..my mom saw both, and she said the original was a million times better.. Embarrassed

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 12 November 2006 at 11:29am | IP Logged
JP Dutta said in some site i saw: that he was not trying to remake the Umrao Jaan but is basing it on the urdu novelist who wrote the novel Umrao jaan Ada. but we know in our heads as we watch it the portrayal of Rekha as umrao is etched in our minds. personally i want to watch it b/c of dresses but let;'s see how Ash n abishek did n jP's direccting. I don't find Rekha's grace and that thing in Aishwarya. but let's see. SOme ppl didn't like it b/c it was all glamour.

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 12 November 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mkzara

I dont expect it to be good because i think nowadays remakes are all about the bling rather than the actual good stories which made the originals classics.

AGREE! I didn't think Devdas was even great. too much glamor and some ppl wre fake acting. like u cud tell. that was a movie o would watch once. u know there are movies that touch u n are classics well devdas wasn't for me. let's see this one. i don't expect much. clasics are dilwale..., hum apke,...original umrao, devdas, and the list goes on.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top