Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:06am | IP Logged

A few days ago when my hubby was away for a dinner meeting I sat waiting for him and watched Kal ho Na ho on Sony TV for the 6th or 7th  time…and I was crying buckets of tears as I watched SRK dying yet again and Preeti looking helpless…

Some things in Indian movies really make me cry…I cried shamelessly as I watched RDB in theatre…the patriotism, the power of the common man made me cry.. Kajol's and SRK's  son singing Jan Gan Man in KKKG made me cry…Man's faith in God in times of crisis…that again makes me shed copius tears…whether it is the song Hey Ram in Guide…or O Palan hare of Lagaan..Bidai songs make me cry as well probably coz I am the mom of 2 daughters…

I also cry when I watch my kids perform on stage…what if it is only a silly act in the school concert…

I cried when a Pakistani anchor broke down during a live transmission on TV while she was covering the earthquake….I could feel a lump in my throat when the verdict in the Priyadarshani Mattu case was delivered recently….The scenes on the TV of students protesting against reservation being lathicharged make me emotional…

Sometimes I feel like an emotional fool….but overall I am ok with it…are there things that make u cry too????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are there things that make you cry??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Yes there are. Not the Hindi movie scenes though.

What's touches me are uncommon bravery and sacrifice(the last scene of Operation Daybreak for example - has anyone here seen it?), sometimes it is music (I remember having tears in my eyes listening Ustad Amjad Ali Khan playing Ahir Bhairav live) and uncommon perfection and excellence (like watching Tom Hanks or the Space Shuttle launch)

And this is from a grown man with greying hair and 2 kids.

fatmah5000

Goldie

fatmah5000

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

A few days ago when my hubby was away for a dinner meeting I sat waiting for him and watched Kal ho Na ho on Sony TV for the 6th or 7th  time…and I was crying buckets of tears as I watched SRK dying yet again and Preeti looking helpless…

Some things in Indian movies really make me cry…I cried shamelessly as I watched RDB in theatre…the patriotism, the power of the common man made me cry.. Kajol's and SRK's  son singing Jan Gan Man in KKKG made me cry…Man's faith in God in times of crisis…that again makes me shed copius tears…whether it is the song Hey Ram in Guide…or O Palan hare of Lagaan..Bidai songs make me cry as well probably coz I am the mom of 2 daughters…

I also cry when I watch my kids perform on stage…what if it is only a silly act in the school concert…

I cried when a Pakistani anchor broke down during a live transmission on TV while she was covering the earthquake….I could feel a lump in my throat when the verdict in the Priyadarshani Mattu case was delivered recently….The scenes on the TV of students protesting against reservation being lathicharged make me emotional…

Sometimes I feel like an emotional fool….but overall I am ok with it…are there things that make u cry too????

Hey Tally,

my situation seems to be familiar with yours.....

just adding,i too cry whenever my son keeps me telling that" mom i love you." and hugs me.....

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 3:21am | IP Logged

Very Nice Topic Tally Ho ji !!!!

Somethings make me cry so much.I become emotional  and cry when I see deshbakht movies,social issue based movies.Recently I cried for Ayesha Takia( not for herTongue but for her character) in Dor,I cried for Ayesha Kapoor in Black particlularly when she somehow calls her mom and dad near the fountain(I watch Black several times and cry several times).I cried for the poor farmer family in Swades movie(this is really touching scene).I cried a lot seeing konkana sen in 15 Park Avenue.I cried for Kamalahasan in Sagarasangamam.The list is endless.....

I become more emotional when something is closely related to me ,my ideals and my role model.But in general I don't cry much and I never let anyone know that I'm crying!!!!

Tally ji !!! Its unfair!!! Everytime you make people laugh and this time you are making people cryCryCryCry

Cheers,

Mythili

4teen11

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 3:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged
I cry when I see unjustice be it movie or real life,
I cry when someone is being abused in movie or real,
I cry when I feel helpless seing such wars and many other issues and I can't really do anything.
I also cry when I have to go to a Doctor Cry
and I cry every couple months without any reason.

Edited by sowmyaa - 11 November 2006 at 6:44am

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by baddie

my heart cries seeing a hapless child bound on the hump in a camel race

my heart cries seeing a war widow taking the PVC but tears of joy/pride flow on hearing the narration what lead to it.

Yes...that too...I dont miss the presentation on each republic day...it is such a poignant moment and such mixed emotions! Hats off to the families who have loss their near and dear ones for the honour of this nation for bearing thier loss with dignity and honour!!

Edited by TallyHo - 11 November 2006 at 6:43am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

I cry every couple months without any reason.

Ah Somyaaji!!!

You are perfectly planned and organised in things( So even in crying Cry you are planned)!!!

Sorry!!! Don't take it serious!!!

Yours Lovingly,

Mythili

Post Reply New Post

Go to top