Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Fighting for us or fighting for himself?? (Page 2)

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 12:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by radha_18

He may not be greedy but he surely is unproffessional.

Well, Good thought, But if he is unproffesional, then why are the DJ creations mum on his unproffesionalism!! I guess Taali hamesha ek haath se nahi bajti. There is more to it then it looks from where we sit radha.

So lets just wait an watch rather than comment on somebody without knowing the full story.

Also he must have not left DJ's without informing them about his step, or they would have certainly taken some actions, Contracts are not made like that, they are made to gaurd the safety of both the sides. If Samir was in anyway acting unproffesional & if he is contractually bound to act as a proffesional and Dj's have every right to take action against him.

Also, it is quiet normal for people to call it quits when they feel that the kind of work they are doing or the kind of money they are getting paid isnt good for them. There is nothing unproffesional about it. Also from the talks of samir it sounds as if he is in touch with the T & D in india so, It is not that he left without informing.

Jammy.

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 1:02am | IP Logged
agree with jammy. he is NOT being greedy...that is preposteorous....turning his character negative wld defy logic and not make sense at all.....he is doing the right thing....i appreciate his taking this stand....not many ppl bother...
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kline

First I want to congratulate amaypranay for the good fortune of meeting Sameer Soni.

amaypranay: i asked him so many things..first of all Purab fans, he wanted me telll everone that he is fighting for us, as he does not want to play negative, and there are "some things"happening off scene, which they are trying to work out, so guys lets hang in there...i do know that he was not shooting for the show for some tims, due to some reasons, but i gathered from him that we all need to hangin there for him!!
This is highly disturbing.This guy is 'fighting'?For whom and for what purpose???? And at whose expense???
    He suddenly is seeing the opportunity to exploit a situation for his own greed.That too at the expense of a show and it's whole cast!!!!!!He is suddenly seeing himself as the lead man upsetting the whole line of the story and then holding the whole show ransom when he is not getting his way!!!!!!!!!That is disgusting.He is using his fans as weapons to feed his own greed.It makes me think that all the posts about him have been true.He truly is biting the very hand which fed him.
     This truly is unproffesionalism and greed at it's height!!!!!!

I agree w/ u kline. If SS quits the show cuz they are making him negative(which is not true) then he is highly unprofessional and arrogant. Remember what has happenned to Amar Upadhyay?
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Well, we have no idea about what is actually happening. We are just getting different bits of info from different sources.

Originally posted by kshreya2002

If SS quits the show cuz they are making him negative(which is not true

If your source is reliable Shreya, it is possible that Samir does not know about this. Maybe there was some misunderstanding before he left for the US where someone (not necessarily Tony and Deeya Singh) gave him the impression that his character will turn negative overnight.

So we really cannot make assumptions about greed or unprofessionalism w/o knowing everything.

Ignorance is not good, but partial knowledge is even more dangerous sometimes.

Not long ago, Raj (Parmeet Sethi) wanted to leave JJKN. Also, I read today on Indian Television that Sujal (Rajeev Khandhelwal) from KTH may leave the serial as he does not like the way his role and the story are shaping up.

So it is not unprofessional to leave a serial if one is dissatisfied with one's role. Actors do it all the time.

eshasrk IF-Sizzlerz
eshasrk
eshasrk

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Kline all I can say, is that all a greedy actor can care about is money. They dont give a damn what happens to thier character. So lets just say that if Samir is greedy then I dont think so he would have left the show over the change in his character. Does a greedy artist cares?? all a greedy actor ever cares is the money he gets and for that even if he/she has to do a scene where she sleeps with her sisters husband/wife they do that. They dont care!!  Also it is a fact that samir doesnt mind playing a character which is not always goody goody, This is prooven from the show DKCH. Where he plays a casanova.

Even he should be given a chance to state what is his side of story. Dont jump to conclusions just because you wanted his character out of the show by hook or by crook. If what he is saying is not true then why are they not replacing him yet??? Also since when did it become unproffesional for someone to leave the show just because he is not satisfied with his work or pay?? I guess many proffesionals do that!! I know I would do the same if I am not satisfied with what I am working on or If I am not getting paid my worth.  I belive that now it is the time that they should come out with facts. 

After looking at all that is happening, and also keeping in mind Samir's old interview where he said he didnt wanted to turn this character overnight to negative(mind you then in the show there wasnt even the slightest of hint that his character would ever take a U-Turn),Keeping all this is mind we cant over look what samir said Because T & D are giving his character a U-Turn, Well when did in past did they show purab drunk?? Jassi not calling him is not a reason to get drunk not atleast the for the character purab. He didnt get drunk when he came to know that the women he loves is in love with somebody else. So why give in now?? Also look at todays preview, jassi goes to purab's house and finds something shocking that is definetly something negative isnt it??

All I would say, If samir is greedy then he wouldnt have mind playing a negative role. Just think over it. If he plays a negative role he keeps getting paid!! and if he says no and quits he stops getting payed!!

Does not means that I am sure that samir is innocent, But if he is greedy then dont greedy actor care for money? But There could be other things to it too, But I just dont know why they are keeping all the things so hush hush?? It becomes so damn confusing LOL

Jammy.

You couldn't have said it better Jammy Clap

Esha

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:13am | IP Logged

, Even the Armaan fans though happy with his exit cant deny the fact that watching recycled and stupid body doubles is wierd, they would rather watch the actual purab go downWink. 

agree with you there completely Wink very well said.

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:22am | IP Logged

it is not unprofessional to leave a serial if one is dissatisfied with one's role. Actors do it all the time.

I agree with you Mystica that leaving a serial if you are not satisfied with your character is not being unprofessional but don't u think that not shooting for the show and demanding changes to suit ur need is unprofessional. Even he admitted to amaypranay(i hope i have the name right) that there are problems offscreen (i am not sure he specifically mentioned T&D or Sony).

So just like Raj had made it known publicly that he will quit if they don't look into his character.. samir could have done the same.

And as far as replacement is concerned Jammy, there will be no replacement for Purab. He was not suppose to be there according to the original script (which has been thrown out of the window long time back) but once he is gone, he is gone forever.

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:37am | IP Logged

BTW i am still trying to figure out what he meant by fighting for us(his fans). that's just weird.

is he going to share his profits in case he is asking for a payraise with his fans Wink  in that case i don't mind switching loyalties WinkWink

what are his fans going to gain if there are changes to his character. They will appreciate him no matter what role he essays if they are his loyal fans.. so what diff does it make.... totally weird

Go to top