Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 09 November 2006 at 10:32pm | IP Logged

well i am not sure if this topic has been started....

well, should capital punishment be abolished or not??

Life in prison OR Death?

one thing i take into consideration is that some people have been  to death and later it has been found that they were innocent. the judiciary system does make mistakes.

Is life in prison more suffering than death (which ppl say is like the "easy" way)?

Edited by hira_187 - 09 November 2006 at 10:35pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "capital punishment" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tanushree

tanushree

Posted: 10 November 2006 at 2:30am | IP Logged
The thought of giving out a death sentance makes me queasy but i guess its needed in some cases.

Maybe solitary confinment would be better....?

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 10 November 2006 at 6:38am | IP Logged

Regarding this issue I'm very confusedConfused

In general Capital Punishment is given to hard core criminals,I really don't know about other countries but in India, only hard core criminals are given this capital punishment.Why should we really bother about those criminals who were responsible for severe crimes??? But in most of the cases in India this punishment is not implemented but its converted into life sentence.Sometimes I feel ,who are humans to punish other humans!!!!

Regards,

Mythili

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 10 November 2006 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Capital Punishment has been derived by society to put a fear in the mind of criminal. Life in Prison in India equates to life in house imprisonment with different degree's of room service, depending on the criminal's stature in the society

A change from Capital Punishment to "Life in Prison" should only be made when we are in a "RamRajya" and last I checked we are centuries away from it and still running away from the concept

rockinaway

rockinaway

Posted: 10 November 2006 at 11:02am | IP Logged
It really depends, I guess some times it is ok, the people should suffer if they killed someone brutally.

But I think worst than killing someone is that they sit in a room with a bed and that is all. They get given food, nothing else to do. No leaving the room, no watching TV, no talking to anyone. That would be true suffering!

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 12 November 2006 at 11:40am | IP Logged
i heard that they might allow the victims fammily i think to watch the death. and may be broadcast it for public ot watch. i heard it in US.

reeha...k

IF-Rockerz

reeha...k

Posted: 12 November 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
in CANADA we dont have capital punishment...I think we should...for some of the more serious crimes commited by people. But i also think that when we do ahve Capital Punishment...somtimes its 'OVER USED' and the problem with capital punishment is that if you make the wrong judgment then there's no taking the desision back...So i guess it basically comes down to the crime and the cercumstances it was commited in

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 12 November 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
I agree wid this punishment.. Da person shud get death..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top