'Neerja' inching towards Rs 100 crore mark worldwide

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Box office collection: 'Neerja' inching towards Rs 100 crore mark worldwide; 'The Revenant' records decent opening weekend

Ankita Mehta
Share on Google+
Neerja
NeerjaTwitter

Sonam Kapoor's "Neerja" has crossed Rs 50 crore mark at the domestic box office with its 10-day net income, while Hollywood film "The Revenant" had a decent opening weekend in India.

Neerja

The Sonam-starrer "Neerja" recorded an extraordinary second weekend in India. The film minted Rs 14.8 crore in its second weekend, which took its 10-day net total to Rs 50.12 crore. "Neerja," directed by Ram Madhvani, had a strong second weekend. The business of the film remain steady at the box office, despite several new releases.

"#Neerja continues its EXTRAORDINARY march. Is UNSTOPPABLE. [Week 2] Fri 3.15 cr, Sat 5 cr, Sun 6.65 cr. Total: 50.12 cr. India biz," trade analyst Taran Adarsh , adding: "Having crossed 50 cr, #Neerja should, as per current trending, reach/cross 60 cr by Thu. India biz... #ContentIsKing."

After achieving the Rs 50 crore mark in India, the film is now inching towards Rs 100 crore mark at the worldwide box office. The 10-day worldwide box office collection of the Sonam-starrer is Rs 82.21 crore, which includes gross domestic figure and three-day overseas income.

Meanwhile, the film has made a profit of 138 percent at the box office. Made on a budget of just Rs 20 crore, the film recovered its production within the first week of its theatrical run, Koimoi.com reports. The satellite, music rights and overseas collection will add to its income.

Edited by Divine-Pearl - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Omg really 😲
I thought maximum it was above 70...
🥳 party time..
..-..... thumbnail
OH MY GOD!
So deserving. Sooo deserving! ❤️

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Worldwide collections do not matter.. kidding😆
Well done team Neerja, rightly deserved👏⭐️⭐️
flipfl0p thumbnail
That's a great achievement. Congratulations to Sonam for doing it on her own.
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

That's a great achievement. Congratulations to Sonam for doing it on her own.

🥳
A win despite all the odds. Team Neerja is representing! This is amazing for all small budget movie makers. Another one makes it. There is hope!!😎
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
I really hope Sonam gets back on her feet now. Enough of dumb acting. At least Neerja will open new doors for her. 
Meeti-Mirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

That is a stupendous achievement for Team Neerja.

Sonam & Madhvani deserve special kudos for handling it with so much sensitivity and dignity.
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Congrats for Neerja ki century. This movie is awesome. 🥳
flipfl0p thumbnail
To be honest, I was not expecting too much from Neerja. I was of the feel, PRDP will be the ticket for Sonam to be in top league. But PRDP did not work as per expectation. Neerja went beyond expectation. 
In a way, good for Sonam. Even if PRDP was quite successful, Sonam would not have got much credit.