Can money buy happiness? - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

We need money to pay our bills but wealth in excess can be a big headache too.
you could get a good Financial Manager to manage things, but many are crooks themselves !😉

Is tiger woods unhappy.. wealth and fame has had him sleep with most of the women on this continent ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†.. sometimes its good...it buys you lays (i love ruffles too ðŸ˜†)
Depend on what makes you happy?
Like if you want a laptop with superb speed, you cant buy it emotions or motivation. Need good amount of money.

You are living in a country where is no good medical facility, someone gets heart attack. At that time you need lots of money for air ambulance. It's like you bought your life with money.

But, if you need inner peace, silence, motivation, moral support. No amount of money can buy that.

hmmm----Laptop will give happiness---till the novelty fades off. Money still there but why happiness decreased after a while?
Money will buy medicines and facilities like air ambulance --but but does that bring happiness? The person is still sick though being treated at expensive hospitals so where is the happiness?Money is still there. 
Originally posted by FieryPhoenix...

Certainly. Most definitely. Only thing is, monetary happiness usually is a momentarily phenomenon.

Let us see. If I buy a laptop with my money the laptop stays mine till I decide to part with it. I have the credentials to prove it belongs to me. Could you say the same for the happiness you say you bought with your money?
Originally posted by Toontoon.

But what if you don't have the money to buy that laptop? 

Are you implying that all the people who do not have money to buy a laptop are unhappy and all  those who can afford it are happy?

Imagine a situation where you are broke n your girlfriend runs away with a richer guy? Wouldn't that make you sad n your girlfriend n her new guy happy to have got rid of a loser like you?

That would be good riddance to bad rubbish. Tell me would you be happy to have  a gold digger of a girlfriend clinging to you for your money ðŸ˜›

Originally posted by Toontoon.

@the first part...

I asked specifically about you...
Didnt realise that the question was personally directed to me. Now that you have clarified my answer is- No. The work that can be done on a laptop can be done in many other ways without having to own one myself . 😉 So not owning a laptop  would not make me unhappy. I think its all in the mind  ðŸ˜†
@the second part..

You couldn't handle an imaginary break well as you got hurt and called your girl a gold digger but refused to take blame on your inability to provider her the basic necessities..

What a lot of assumptions in one go ðŸĪŠ what makes you think I got hurt and what for ? What makes you assume that someone who believes in equality of the genders would believe that the man has to be the provider ðŸ˜† Do a re-check on your  concepts. 

In the other topic you were talking about women issues and rights and here you're calling your own girl names...lol
Girl or a guy whosoever intends to hang on to the other for money is just that. No gender discrimination there ðŸ˜›

I think that other topic of yours should be locked down immediately and you should be banned from this site for such blatant show of hypocrisy...

The mods on here should take immediate action against you.
The mods here are smart enough and know their job well and do not need to take advice from some troll  who equates women to rats and cockroaches and  men to dogs for that matter ðŸĨą

To a certain extent yes, as people said earlier about being able to afford the basics and luxuries but after a certain point they just become a norm in your life and there is no appeal left. I have seen a lot of people chasing after money to fill a void which they think will automatically disappear once they are rich when in actual fact true happiness comes from within. 
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Is tiger woods unhappy.. wealth and fame has had him sleep with most of the women on this continent ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†.. sometimes its good...it buys you lays (i love ruffles too ðŸ˜†)
Well money is the most liquid asset that was ever introduced by man.
It is a passport to many pleasures and luxuries !

Unfortunately many super rich celebs and their kids  tend to be drug addicts too !

Happiness is a method of life...
BUT now a days Happiness is spelled C-A-S-H...buy it or rent it ...