Debate Mansion

Americans answered their President

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Do you think that Americans have answered the ill-will of their President in 2006 election? The Democrats have taken control of the house, senate decision still in hold(I hope Democrats will get that too). I am so.......... happy. Donald Rumsfeld has already resigned before getting kicked off.

Better late than never. I hail their decision.

I hope the Democrats will come back in the Presidential election too. And wish to see someone like Dr. Howard Dean as nominee  who had the guts to stand against the Presidents decision of Iraq invasion by fooling the people of US (not someone confused like John Kerry).

What do you think was the biggest factor that worked for the Democrats? War in Iraq, Economy, home affairs, scams and scandals of the Republicans or issues like stem-cell research, gay marriage, abortion.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pradarshak thumbnail
You might call Howard Dean "the howard scream" or idiot for his speech in the 2004 Democratic caucuses. But I have never seen a bigger idiot than George W Bush. Howard Dean might be unpolished and aggressive when comes to express his opinion, he does not give publicity stunts like Bush and leading the country into a wrong direction. That does not make him a bad person. But Bush is a villian to the world. Howard Dean made his appearance in the politics solely on his own capability, his father neither owned a company nor had father or god-father to back him. He is more attached to the root of the common people. After John Kerry's defeat, the democatic party was facing a crisis. As a Chairman ofthe Democratic National Party he has done his job quite well. He pioneered the use of the Internet in campaigning and showed strong fundraising ability. Before this election he was even criticized for spending funds for campaign in Red states(where democrats are not strong), but it did pay even in a small scale. He visions for his party to be an all American party and work not only in the blue dominant states but also in the red states.
Please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Dean, you will get to know more about him. Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
bhilwara thumbnail
What do you think was the biggest factor that worked for the Democrats?

The Iraq fiasco for sure. Rumsfeld has just been sacked but I guess neocons have done unrepairable damage to this country. Financially, from huge budget surpluses to highest budget deficit, we have set new record for highest national debt that our future generation will have to repay. And when asked we would be ashamed to tell them that we were the one who even reelected this administration in 2004!

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

Pradarshak ji,
Bush being an idiot and Dean being an Idiot are not mutually exclusive.
Today belongs to Democrates...so they can say they had a plan for success. The Democratic win today is not as much a vindication of what they believe in as it is the frustration against the GOP and War.

👏 👏 I salute you and agree with each and every word you said Dr. Abhijit. I wish you were born on American soil. 😉

I have wished for ages for a Doctor to be in Whitehouse. 

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
Pradarshak thumbnail
Abhijitji,

Are you a Texan by chance?

Like many I don't buy exactly invading Iraq was in response to the terror attack. The connection between Saddam and Osama was well known. Attacking Afghanistan was justified. There was some sinister motive behind the attacking Iraq. How can someone attack another country without any concrete proof?
Pradarshak thumbnail
Yeah, forged documents. And Halliburton Company was granted a $7 billion no-bid contract in rebuilding Iraq, with which Vice President has financial interests. Dick Cheney served as the Chairman and CEO of Halliburton. It's not about having Iraq's oil, it's about the American Oil companies play their games of controlling the market and making immense profit out of it. While the cost of war is being paid by the American tax payers.

By the way the two most notorious Presidents of the last century were Warren G Harding and Robert Nixon. Both were Republicans. The fact is most progressive states of this country are dominated by the blue people. I guess being a liberal is not that bad. Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail
Factoid- Sens. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry voted FOR the Iraq war resolution in 2002.

It is clear that democratic victory is not an affirmation of a Democratic agenda because they didn't offer one IMO.
Pradarshak thumbnail

So Chaney who is in sixties, has weak ticker, already a multimillionaire and has grown daughters, concocted a war costing thousands of American lives and Billions of $$ so he can get a few more million more as a share-holder of Haliburton?

No matter how evil he might be- and I am not saying he is, I do not believe he would have so much damege done to make a few more millions. He could have stayed with Haliburton, not served as VP for 8 years -which pays considerablly les and made more money than he can indirectly make this way. 

For ambitious people there is no end for money. Then of all companies why did Halliburton come into picture with a no-bid contract? Even after being vice-president he recieved money from Halliburton without holding any post. Being the vice-president of USA is more prestigious and gives a lot more value and power  than just being CEO of Halliburton. So, he maintained both money and prestigious position.

Reasons for going to war.

1. Corruption

2. Create a sensation by going to war citing vague proofs in the name of terrorism in order to hold the office for second-term.

nothing to do with terrorism.

Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
Pradarshak thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Factoid- Sens. Hillary Clinton and John Kerry voted FOR the Iraq war resolution in 2002.

It is clear that democratic victory is not an affirmation of a Democratic agenda because they didn't offer one IMO.

When people start taking others for granted, try to fool them, a downfall is inevitable.

Hillary Clinton, John Kerry like many democrats and republicans voted for war with the sentiments of 9/11. But they never proposed in the first place to go to war.

lighthouse thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Reasons for going to war.

1. Corruption

2. Create a sensation by going to war citing vague proofs in the name of terrorism in order to hold the office for second-term.

nothing to do with terrorism.

Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_war_resolution

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Hillary Clinton, John Kerry like many democrats and republicans voted for war with the sentiments of 9/11.

And Bush was not affected by 9/11 ?