Debate Mansion

When Ricki pushed Shard Pawar

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:05am | IP Logged

Was it right for the Ricki( member of the australian squad )  to push Mr Pawar away from the podium during/after the trophy distribution.

Would he have  done the same thing in his country?

Does one expect such crass behavior from a WORLD class team?

What do you all think ??

Personally,  I was disgusted to see such behavior by team members representing their country.

FYI: This was broadcasted by all news channel around the world.

Edited by Dimdim - 08 November 2006 at 10:48am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When Ricki pushed Shard Pawar" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mithuu

IF-Rockerz

Mithuu

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by Dimdim

Was it right for the Ricki( member of the australian squad )  to push Mr Pawar away from the podium during/after the trophy distribution.

Would he have behaved iand done  the same thing in his country?

Does one expect such crass behavior from a WORLD class team?

What do you all think ??

Personally  I was disgusted to see such behavior by team members representing their country.

FYI: This was broadcasted by all news channel around the world.

Few caveats:
    Australians in general are descendants of criminals Europeans did not want among them. No, It is not right to act crass - for anyone, anywhere - let alone athelets on an internationally televised event.
  1. It is about time Indian politicians are pushed away froom things they have imposed themselves onto.

I have not seen the event but it is wrong for Ponting do do while I am glad it happened to an Indian Politician who should have no business in cricket.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the clippin on ZEE news.  I even discussed the fact  with my husband that  AUS are descendants ( criminals).

I see it as total DISRESPECT  keeping  in mind that the other person here was a SENIOR CITIZEN. And such behavior is unacceptable.

Edited by Dimdim - 08 November 2006 at 8:26am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I have not seen the event but it is wrong for Ponting do do while I am glad it happened to an Indian Politician who should have no business in cricket.

I agree with Abhijit ji !!!!  I really wonder what this man is doing in BCCI.May be one common factor bet ween Politcs and Cricket are MONEY making activties and yet they get name and fame.

For Pawar Fans:

Pawar decries controversy
Prasad Kathe/Manoranjan Bharati

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 (Mumbai):

For Australian cricketers, it is now becoming increasingly difficult not to remain in news for all the wrong reasons whether on or off the field.

Their childish act on Sunday of pushing BCCI President Sharad Pawar in a show of mere eagerness to pose with the Champions Trophy has drawn huge criticism from all quarters.

Ironically though, BCCI has decided not to ask for any apology from Down Under.

"You are all blowing this out of proportion. It is true that all the Australian players had crowded the stage and that I felt a jolt.

"But that wasn't intentional. I have seen the footage myself. There is nothing to all this," said Pawar.

Differing voices

Perhaps this is one issue on which the leader and his party men differ entirely. Pawar's party men took to the streets against what they call their leader's humiliation.

"This is an insult to a senior leader. We will make a formal complaint to the Australian embassy," said Chaggan Bhujbal, NCP leader.

The Australian embassy has refused to comment just yet while Cricket Australia has issued a statement.

"The players have only just arrived back in Australia and over the course of the next few days, we will be finding out what, if anything, did or did not happen," the statement said.

Willful gesture?

NDTV spoke to former Australian cricketer Dean Jones who felt it was a genuine mistake, but not something the players did on purpose.

NDTV: What kind of reaction has there been in Australia regarding the incident?

Jones: From what we have gathered here, it looks like the Aussies are treating it as no big deal. Cricket Australia has just said they will look into the matter.

The BCCI has, however, decided that it will not ask Cricket Australia for an apology or an explanation, though cricket fans in the country seem to be up in arms.

This is so especially since the gesture from Ricky Ponting implied that he wanted Sharad Pawar to hurry up and hand over the trophy.

Cricket Australia may well decide to issue an apology in the next few days but the debate will probably continue.

Are the Australians just very aggressive and bad mannered or was this genuinely an oversight?
http://www.ndtv.com/sports/cricket/cricshowstory.asp?id=3104 6&slug=Pawar+decries+controversy&template=Champions

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 08 November 2006 at 8:51am

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged
On one hand, where it is really crass of Rikki to do that, it's unfair to clump an entire country as desendants from criminals.....being born to criminals does not necessarily make the offsprings criminal....we have crass people in all societies across the world, be it Australia or India who could do a lot with some basic lessons in manners. Bad behaviour is not hereditary, it's environmental.Look at our own younsters out on the street.....they don't behave any differently. Rikki Pointing has never been an example of good behaviour, where as some Auusies like Steve Waugh or Ian Healy are dignity and great behaviour personified.

So while taking Pointing to the cleaners is definitely warranted, tainting the whole Australian population with the same brush is not......

bhilwara

bhilwara

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Was it right for the Ricki( member of the australian squad ) to push Mr Pawar away from the podium during/after the trophy distribution.
No. As everyone agrees, it was an indecent behavior. Wink
I wouldn't expect world champs to behave like that anywhewre in the world, but then we Indians have forgotten the art of trophy celebration so we could hardly judge.
Here is the link to view the incidence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSJ3qoLJ8k&NR

TheRowdiest

IF-Sizzlerz

TheRowdiest

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 10:01am | IP Logged

i m not interested in cricket so dont have much knowlegde abt these matches and situations but when yesterday i saw clipings on Zee news its soo shocking for me . it was such an insult and Ausie's gestures before getting the trophy as "ey..... lao lao... humein trophy do" were rediculous.

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 08 November 2006 at 10:03am

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Australian cricketers are quite arrogant, many a times we have seen them behaving like that. I guess that has a lot to do with the factor that they are the unbeatable team in recent times.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhilwara

Was it right for the Ricki( member of the australian squad ) to push Mr Pawar away from the podium during/after the trophy distribution.
No. As everyone agrees, it was an indecent behavior. Wink
I wouldn't expect world champs to behave like that anywhewre in the world, but then we Indians have forgotten the art of trophy celebration so we could hardly judge.
Here is the link to view the incidence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSJ3qoLJ8k&NR

Thanks for providing the link.
I agree with everything you said, including when you say we Indians have forgotten the art of trophy celebration so we could hardly judge. LOL I agree that it was really inappropriate, but I also think it's not a big deal. Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.