Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Looneytoons thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Chapter 3

Arnav Singh Raizada was immersed in his work when he heard a knock at his cabin's door. 
"Who is it?" 
His secretary entered through the door, "There is bouquet for you, Sir."  
He gave a single nod, a sign enough for his secretary to take the signal that she has been dismissed. He inspected the bouquet intensively and found a small note: 
Hi. I hope you're doing perfectly fine. 
I can't get you out of my head.  
So, I was hoping if we could go out and have dinner together.  
Regards, 
Khushi 
He was nonplussed. It has been a week since he met her. He would not lie, he could not stop thinking about her either. But, he wasn't sure if he wanted to act upon it. Khushi was not the kind of women he got with normally. She was different. She was an artist, and the artist people were twisted. They were wild. They were free. He was not definite if he could handle that. He was an ordinary materialistic man.  
His phone beeped with a message: you must have gotten the flowers by now. If your answer is in affirmative, shoot me a text about the time. I'll manage the place. It is my treat. :)  
He was thrown off guard once again. He was right. Artists were weird. Normally girls went out with me only because he was rich and paid for every f**king thing. What was this girl? But again, the money is earned by her brother. What difference would it make to her?  
He decided to reply with a question: Is it a date? Should I be worried?  
His phone beeped after two minutes: HAHAHA. NO. As of now, I just want to get to know you. You intrigued me. I would like us to sit down and have a nice talk. You know, like friends.  
He took a breath of relief, he was safe at least for now. He replied: Oh! That's nice.  
He got a reply within seconds: Is that a yes? 
Another text followed by her: And, I hope you are not completely discarding the idea of going out on a date with me. We might, in future. ;)  
In the next few test, date, time, and place were decided. They were to meet on Saturday.  
Saying that Khushi was satisfied would be an understatement. She was happy. People often told her that she was weird. She never understood why? She was certain that when she will tell about this act of hers to her brother or her best friend, Lavanya, both of them would disapprove. But, when has she ever cared what others said? She has bemused herself. Why has she done what she has done? It was not as if she had developed some infatuation or something. Then why? She accepted the fact that she was he has become a source of fascination for her. Why she did not know. And this was the reason that she has asked him out. She'll meet him and she'll know.  
Saturday evening, Khushi sat in a lavish restaurant waiting for ASR. She reached some fifteen minutes early. And right on time ASR was there. He walked to their table, and greeted, "Hi." Khushi gave a full blown smile, "Hi. Can I please call you Arnav. ASR is too stiff." He was left flabbergasted, "UH..Yeah. Sure." Making himself comfortable he asked, "So, how have you been Ms. Gup..No, Khushi" She laughed, "I am glad that you rectified it yourself. Well, I am perfectly alright. What about you? How are your work and stuff?" Arnav did not know what to say, nobody has ever bothered to ask such questions. How should one answer such questions? He tried nonetheless, "Work is usual. And I am fine."   
Just then the  waiter appeared with the menus and they placed their orders, halting their awkward conversation. Arnav thought, he should have known it was a bad idea. When has he ever tried to socialize with people? Well he has, but he has given up a long time ago. A thought from somewhere in his head  spoke, because you want societal acceptance. He discarded this thought right away. No. He was happy the way he is. People are weird. He was one of the rare population. He was perfect the way he is.  
Khushi, on the other hand, was enthralled. Although she understood that he was not giving answers like normal people did, but after Arnav accepted her offer, she has gone and asked about him from her brother. And, from what she was told, she knew he was a reserved and brooding kind of a man. Typical. Exactly why he was considered to be the epitome of male specimen amongst women. Women have always loved the cynical Byronic heroes like Mr.Darcy, Mr. Rochester and the most recent and the one Mr.Grey. Although she did not really like the recent one, but she loved Mr. Darcy and Mr. Rochester. Girls waited for their prince charming, she waited for her Darcy. People might think that she was fangirling, but she would be the last person to do that. She was ten when she first read pride and prejudice. She was bewitched with the character. The novel left her wanting to know more. These mysterious Byronic heroes made her agitated, she wanted to solve the mystery. She knew she can't solve the mysteries of these fictional characters. So, when she met Arnav she thought that she might just be able to rest by knowing this guy. So she did what she did.  
But, it was a little difficult than she thought. He was more guarded than she thought. But she was resolute. She would succeed. Maybe not today, maybe in a few more meetings, but she will know this man.  
The dinner arrived, and they got into an easy camaraderie. Although, Arnav was not all talkative, but he wasn't fidgeting anymore. They talked about each other's work and their aspirations. Khushi noticed how he was driven by the need to earn a lot of money. He also made it clear to her what he thought of her work. He thought that she revels in it because she had her brother's money to live a luxurious life. She was offended, but she did not react. She brushed it off. Somewhere in her heart, she understood that something, some incident has led this man to such views. All his arrogance and  distant behavior strengthened her resolve. He was her muse. And he had no idea about it.  

Author's note: Hi. Kindly leave a comment, it wants me write more. No comments make me think that the story is not worth it. 
And also, if anybody of you wants to know me personally PM me. I want to make friends and would love to do so. Thank you,     
And please please please follow the blog, it makes life easier. 
Edited by Looneytoons - 7 years ago
lechuarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
ASR..the  muse of khushi πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Yes artist people r really weird..their thinking, their passion..everything is different...
ASR and his notion regarding Khushi will definitely change in future...
for that friendship is very much required..
cont soon😊
Downhill thumbnail
simply superb
loved it
madhu1210 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
just read all the 4 part.. 
sounds interesting story...

khushi wow child prodigy too good..

Arnav non art person but lost in her paintings

wow Khushi fix the dinner with Arnav 

nice dinner time
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
waiting to see how again they both cross paths definitely would love kushi to change arnavs opininof her
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Lovely story, Aleezay. Cannot wait to see what happens next. In their own way both Arnav and Khushi here are such introverted people. While they do know what they each want from life, they are not too clear about the other's point of view or preferences from life. They are not great conversationalists either. Also they are polar opposites with regard to their occupations or preoccupations. Will be lovely to see how you develop their characters. And what Khushi's brother will think about this when he gets to know. and of course, we are still to meet Lavanya and any other supporting characters. All things considered, a great update.

Best,
apekshash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice story line.. liked it..
pls send pms thank you
-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Arnav find her weird heheh
Looneytoons thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anu567

Lovely story, Aleezay. Cannot wait to see what happens next. In their own way both Arnav and Khushi here are such introverted people. While they do know what they each want from life, they are not too clear about the other's point of view or preferences from life. They are not great conversationalists either. Also they are polar opposites with regard to their occupations or preoccupations. Will be lovely to see how you develop their characters. And what Khushi's brother will think about this when he gets to know. and of course, we are still to meet Lavanya and any other supporting characters. All things considered, a great update.

Best,

I am glad that you have liked the story so far. Well, Khushi is not entirely introverted, Arnav is. That would come in the upcoming chapters. Your response made my day. Thanks. :)
kshubhangi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice plot. These four chapters prove that guptas and raizazdas are linked