Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Calming Effects

prakriti IF-Dazzler
prakriti
prakriti

Posted: 07 November 2006 at 8:59pm | IP Logged

Many people often need 'down time'. What is it for you? What makes you feel calm?

For me its reading. I often see that no matter how hectic life gets, or how depressed I feel, if I read a good novel that interests me, I feel lighter and at peace. I often go and sit in Barnes & Nobles, get a Venti Caramel Macchiato and sit in a corner of the store, surrounded by my books. I read and I get lost, often realizing that several hours have went by. I feel that its my 'happy place', where I can be me, and I don't know anyone, nor does anyone know me. Many of my friends find that a bit weird, as in school, in not studious at all.

Another thing I do is listen to music. My iPod goes everywhere with me. I love listening to music that's not loud and all rap, but that has good lyrics and good beats.

So the main question- what do you like to do when you're overwhelmed? How do you feel calm?

Thanx

x3 Prakriti

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 2:01am | IP Logged
what do you like to do when you're overwhelmed? How do you feel calm?
i feel relaxed or calm with a walk with my best fren and thats my doggy !!!!! Smile Smile
then when i read a good book ..... or the most imp is music and dance !!!!!!!!
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 7:42am | IP Logged

Hi All!!

I'm really confused about the issue" Will I be overwhelmed when I do things I really like or Will I do the things I like when I'm overwhelmed"!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 10:53am | IP Logged
I love music, but at times with music also I can't overcome. It still lingers as songs do make me think, make me emotional because it has to be good no. as I can't listen to a crappy song. I think the best way for me is to watch a TV serial or watching a dance song or anything on TV that does not make me think. Something that's good to my eyes and not my mind.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 11:45am | IP Logged
something that clam me down?

Clean my entire house and then sit with glass of water, listen to music and just relax.......Tongue Yes, thorough cleaning before that is very important Tongue
NKSUDHIR IF-Dazzler
NKSUDHIR
NKSUDHIR

Posted: 08 November 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Something that really calm me down is:

Go out for a cup of coffee with my best friend and talk about anything I cannot talk with my kids and family and listen to what my frind has to say about what he cannot say to his kids or family. Best Friends can listen to you better than anyone else in the world.
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 09 June 2007 at 5:26am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

something that clam me down?

Clean my entire house and then sit with glass of water, listen to music and just relax.......Tongue Yes, thorough cleaning before that is very important Tongue

Nice oneSmile

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 09 June 2007 at 5:33am | IP Logged
At home, I clean my usually already clean house cleaner, while listening to music.
I also take care of the garden.
At work, I grab a cup of coffee with a fellow sufferer and b@#$% till we are relieved!

Go to top