Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 July 2008 at 3:02am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sex Changes: should be banned? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Connie

IF-Dazzler

Connie

Posted: 05 July 2008 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
I found this on mid-day a man gave birth to a baby girl

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2008/jul/050708world.htm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 July 2008 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
When such a question is asked I think of SVU: Season 4 Episode 21 Fallacy and Olivia Benson's words to ADA Cabot rings in my ears ""Because you look at Cheryl and you can't imagine what it's like to feel that your own body is a mistake."

Sometimes people are born with male or female body, but their hormones lean towards the opposite gender. Their feelings and emotions are of the opposite sex. They identify with the opposite gender. They feel trapped in a body that they feel is not theirs and desire to change. They feel becoming of a different gender will make them live better fulfilled lives.

It is a weird strange and freaky concept that I cannot wrap my head around. At the same time who am I to judge. If changing gender makes someone happy, then so be it. It harms no one. I am not sure if there is any unwritten law of natural order is broken, nor do I care if it is sinful in the eyes of God. Nature and God will deal with their issues on their terms. I am human and I choose to love and respect humans and their choices as long as it dont harm no one.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:36am | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:51am | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

Originally posted by return_to_hades

When such a question is asked I think of SVU: Season 4 Episode 21 Fallacy and Olivia Benson's words to ADA Cabot rings in my ears ""Because you look at Cheryl and you can't imagine what it's like to feel that your own body is a mistake."

Own body CAN NEVER be a mistake untill u think it to be...if someobody feels to be of the opposite gender, then he should attend therapy instead of changing his own body...ofcourse using therapy to change ur views is easier than changing ur own body...

There are unusual and uncanny instances in nature. There are many things that can go wrong when the cell divides to become a human. Extra limbs, distorted features etc maybe how nature intended it but for a human in society it feels like a mistake and mistakes that must be fixed. Similarly having the wrong genitals can be felt like a mistake that must be fixed. Studies have shown that while transgender people are biologically male or female, their hormonal levels are not of typical male or female and lean towards the opposite sex. Something could have gone wrong in fetal development.  

I am not denying therapy as an option. In fact anyone who wants to go through transition has to undergo mandatory therapy and counseling to determine if this is the way to go and prepare them for the changes. Some people do realize that they may have some aspects of the opposite sex but do not want the whole change and give up. Others go through.

Sometimes people are born with male or female body, but their hormones lean towards the opposite gender. Their feelings and emotions are of the opposite sex. They identify with the opposite gender. They feel trapped in a body that they feel is not theirs and desire to change. They feel becoming of a different gender will make them live better fulfilled lives.

I dont want to go on a personal discussion, but i will just say that one of my very close relative, whom i know more than anyone...and he's that kind of person who feels like the opposite gender. He was like that, and he even wanted to change his gender...but everyone disaprooved of that. But then he tried a lot, and he succeeded. Now there are no signs of feminine in him....

As I said therapy works for some and does not work for some. You want a good therapist as repression can lead to future problems.

It is a weird strange and freaky concept that I cannot wrap my head around. At the same time who am I to judge. If changing gender makes someone happy, then so be it.

How can u be so sure that changing the gender will make someone happy?? Today a particular person might feel to be of the opposite gender, and decides to change his gender...but then after some day he again feels to be of the gender he was previously...because what he is born with is his actual gender. So then what will that person do, change his gender again...?? Then again and again??

I know quite a few people who have undergone transition. They were absolutely happy with their decision. None of these people have wanted to switch back. Besides transition is a trying process, that is overwhelming for the body psychologically, physically and to the pocket book too. Surgical procedures and not something that can be done, undone and redone. No one flips flops continuously between genders....so that point is irrelevant and out of the question.

And u also are forgetting that if changing gender was allowed...then almost all girls wud have changed themselves into a boy...then there wud be 90% girlsm, but 10% boys in the world...what wud happen then??

Erm excuse me. How chauvanist is that. Most of us women are more than happy with what we have and can deal with mother natures monthly gift and would rather be grated to death than get d***s. 

The fact is we all have male aspects and female aspects to our behavior, but on the whole most of us are more than happy to be the gender we are. That is just totally flawed logic. Just because something would be allowed does not mean most people want to do it. Conduct a poll, even if they could change genders most people are happy with who they are.

It harms no one.

It does....as i mentioned above.

It does not as I explained.

Does it threaten your manhood? Does in incapacitate you in anyway to lead a normal healthy life with family? Does it cause physical and emotional distress to you personally when someone else changes their gender?

The whole world will not change themselves into one gender, that is actually a ridiculous assumption.

Besides gender changing would be a nice option. Considering that there will be too many men in India and China, perhaps some men should become women to balance the equation .

I am not sure if there is any unwritten law of natural order is broken, nor do I care if it is sinful in the eyes of God. 

Fine...in this world, there seems to be very little people who cares about what God has said...but think it from  an ethical point of view...see it urself that wether it benefts society or not..

Actually now that I think of it gender change is a very very nice way to balance the skewed male female population ratios. Besides my whole concept is 'Only God shall judge', humans are mean to live and let live.

Nature and God will deal with their issues on their terms. I am human and I choose to love and respect humans and their choices as long as it dont harm no one.

It does.. As i mentioned it above, but lemme If this legal, then most girls wud have converted them into boys. So  u can understand how much harmful it wud be for a society which contaisn all girls, and little boys. Plus people might again feel like changing there gender after they have changed once, because the gender u are born with is ur real gender.

Girls do not want to be boys. Get rid of that ludicrous misconception.
Most people are happy with their gender.
It is not possible to keep changing genders. You don't remove tonsils,put them back then remove again do you? The human body does not work that way.

So if someone wishes to change gender so be it.

Honestly even if the go man-woman-man-woman-man. What the heck do I care. They are messing with themselves not me.

Edited by return_to_hades - 06 July 2008 at 10:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 July 2008 at 2:27am | IP Logged

Connie

IF-Dazzler

Connie

Posted: 07 July 2008 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

I have seen and read the article. And i have a request to make: those of who wud like to debate, to go thru this link. This link might help us in enlightening us which is right.

Originally posted by Connie

I found this on mid-day a man gave birth to a baby girl

Thye red colored word "A man" is wrong. The person isnt a man, neither a woman. But i guess calling the person woman is still right than calling this person man, as, this person has given birth to a child. And we all know that togive birth to a child,the person HAS TO BE woman. Though the person looks mannish, i will say that many female do looks masculine. BUT NO MALE can give birth.

See this link is enough to proove that the problem caused by changing gender. The man himself admits that "He can't feedhis child milk...". Now many might say that many mothers cant feed there child...but those mothers are in problem obviously. A just-born child obvsly needs his mothers milk more than anything.

And this is just the beginning. More problems are yet to come...hethinks himself to be a man,but yet gave birth to a child...so u can imagine how many troubles inthe man's way are yet to come...

BTW I don't think the title pregnant woman gives birth would create a stir.... cos all pregnant women give birth. See "Man Gives Birth To A Baby Girl" is more eye catching Embarrassed

You might want to go to this link. I tried posting the pics but it's not going thru Confused

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=48412&n_ti t=USA%3A%20%27Pregnant%20Man%27%20Delivers%20Girl

Edited by Connie - 07 July 2008 at 4:17am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top