Sex Changes: should be banned? - Page 4

Posted: 15 years ago
RTH very well written...i dont agree with u on some parts ofcourse, but very well written 👏 👏 but i cant reply u now as i will have to go, so i will reply later 😛

For all those who think sex-change surgeries should be banned as they are against nature - well, then cosmetic surgeries to enhance one's looks or enlarge certain body parts should be banned first. Got to be fair for all ...hai na. Agar ladka ladki naheen ban na chahiye ya phir ladki ladka then ugly ducklings should also not mess with nature and turn in to beautiful swans.....or plain janes bursting out of their blouses thanks to a cut here, and a slice there and whole bunch of silicone somewhere 😉 😛

@RTH: kya khoob likhtee ho👏  I am with you here.

Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
^^
How can you say such a thing? You may think a crooked nose, hare lip and downright ugly face may not harm anyone. But what about my eyes hurting. What about my blood pressure increasing and almost fainting when for a moment I think some horror movie creature has come to life. We need plastic surgeries!!!! You do not know how simple human decisions can ruin all of society. 😉

Aaj kul DM peh bahut hee Sex kih baat hoh rahi hain. Sex Change should be banned?  Sex Education? 

I love it when people talk dirty   Just Kidding!!!!

Originally posted by Gauri_3

For all those who think sex-change surgeries should be banned as they are against nature - well, then cosmetic surgeries to enhance one's looks or enlarge certain body parts should be banned first. Got to be fair for all ...hai na. Agar ladka ladki naheen ban na chahiye ya phir ladki ladka then ugly ducklings should also not mess with nature and turn in to beautiful swans.....or plain janes bursting out of their blouses thanks to a cut here, and a slice there and whole bunch of silicone somewhere 😉 😛

@RTH: kya khoob likhtee ho👏  I am with you here.

Cosmetic surgery can only be allowed, if, only and only if, someone has got problem with their appearance. It doesnt mean that just because someone is ugly he/she can do it. Suppose someone has got 6 fingers, etc, i.e. abnormalities, then only he/she can do it. Or otherwise cosmetic surgery for nothing, just to become more beautiful is definitely against nature. And to increase body parts??🤢 Thats obviously against nature!!😳

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Gender identity is quite a complicated issues. Nature and nurture both collectively influence how a person perceives their gender identity and gender identities vary across culture.

Let us take the human anatomy. Sex chromosomes determine our gender. X chromosome is female and Y chromosome is male. XX is female, XY is male. All men have the female chromosome. Then we have our sex hormones Androgens which are male sex hormones, and Progestagens which are female sex hormones. These hormones are present in both sexes.

Many times the genetic make up has flaws or hormonal level gets imbalanced. Men with dominant female genes or higher level of female hormones will have lack facial and bodily hair, have lower sex drive, have lower pitched voices and even start developing boobs. Women on the other hand with higher male hormones develop excessive unwanted facial hair, bulk up muscle easily, have higher sex drives, have lower pitched voices. If a boy starts developing a girls parts (like u mentioned boobs) then he is most welcome to do the operation and become the gender which he really is. If he sees his hormone and everything leans toward female, he can become that, and if he sees his hiormone lean toward male he shud become that.  But thats only in the case of when a person struggles b/w two genders, when a person is neither a boy or a girl. HJowever, if a person is a complete boy and he has nothing wrong with him, just except the fact that his psychiology is likea  girl, in that case he shud change his sex, but just do a therapy.

These are just simple genetic and hormonal issues. Sometimes they can be corrected otherwise not. Some people do not even bother to be corrected.

We all know that people with both male and female genitalia are born in nature. Sometimes fetal development goes totally awry. When sex determination comes in the genetic blueprint can be messed up. Mother nature does not intend "Its" but they happen.

Flaws in genetic development, genetic makeup, hormonal imbalances combined with nurture can result in a person being born male or female, but with a sexual and psychological identity of the opposite sex.

A lot of this is basic biology. They should be teaching DNA, chromosomes and sex hormones in school. If not there are several good textbooks available that go indepth into fetal development specifically sex determination and explain all the mess ups that can happen.

Now a common mistake people do is confuse transexuals, with transvestites, hermaphrodites and even homoseuxals.

A homosexual is one who is sexually attracted to someone of the same sex. I know

Cross dressers, drags, genderqueer, and transvestites can be gay, straight or bisexual. These are people who like dressing up as the opposite sex, like living in an opposite sex lifestyle, or just be androgynous and bend gender identity and roles for a variety of reasons.

Transexual is a person who sexually & psychologically identifies with the opposite sex.

Therapy is a good option for anyone who falls into the LGBT spectrum. Not necessarily because they need to be cured or fixed, but because they need to truly understand themselves and make the right choices.

Why the therapist needs to be good. It is because the approach "Transexualism is wrong and I will fix you" will not cause the person to honestly open up. The therapist has to ask a series of questions and engage in discussions to help the person honestly express themselves. It is natural for people to be confused about gender identity, and a therapist can help identify if they are indeed transexual or simply having a gender identity crisis. Agreed.

Repression occurs when a persons true feelings and emotions are suppressed. Personal expression is pent up and bottled up. Eventually pent up emotions can be released through irrational rage, self inflicted harm, depression, anxiety, disconnection from society and a range of other psychological challenges can make life difficult.

Its a natural human tendency. Say someone annoys you but you try to be patient. You hold in that annoyance. This goes on for a while till you explode and completely scare the other person. Imagine this magnified 10 times. That is repression.

Why sex change should be allowed?

Because there are individuals who may truly need it. Transexuals who are struggling with life trapped in a body that feels alien to them. Sex change isnt successful all the time, people sometimes struggles b/w the both genders while doing this. Other loose their sexual felings and everything.

Also many parents who give birth to a hermaphrodite choose a sex and ask the doctor to make their child male or female only. They do this because a hermaphrodite is a taboo in society. They love their kids and do not want them to be hurt. But what happens is that the kid goes into teens, sex hormones kick and and they discover that their gender identity is that of the opposite sex. [They actually had an SVU episode on this issue too]. If a child is hermaphrodite, then sex changew can be done.

Who does sex change harm? Yes it does.

No one really. First of all it is legal in many parts of the world. I am yet to see the sex change apocalypse.

Definitely someone or the other will make a misinformed decision. There are bound to be regrets no matter what. Thats why i am against it. Later people will want to go back to their old gender.

Then we have to think about it. Do they harm themselves or do we harm them. Brandon Teena, Gwen Araujo, Barry Winchell and Calpernia Adams. Did they harm us or themselves or did we brutalize them. Dont know about them...

If we simply could be accepting, understanding, respecting and caring...no one would harm themselves or others. When you look at it the physical and emotional damage is caused by unacceptance, in reality there is no harm to the choice. There is.

Finally I absolutely resent the remark that most girls want to be boys. It is completely chauvinist. Yes many of us girls like to wear boys clothing as it is more convenient and comfortable. We like to have freedom like boys to play rough games, roam freely without worrying about being a 'khuli tijori'. We would love not to have periods, labor pains or hot flashes. We may even develop girl crushes and form physio-emotional bonds with other girls (PS: This is not gay and often not even sexual in anyway. It is just part of female behavior and also part influence of pheromones and testosterones in our growth phase). We will often cite, I wish I was a boy.

That DOES NOT mean if given a choice we will be boys. We do not gender identify with boys. We identify with some aspects of boys. We do not feel sexually male. We are happy with all our parts and despite mother natures strange gifts throughout life we love being a woman. Even the most dykish of all dykes would rather be a woman than a man.

A survey might say women wish or fantasize to be men or would like to be men. But that DOES NOT mean women anatomically and psychologically want to be men.

Woaman wish to fantasize with man, means many woman lyks to be man. Already woman are more, now if many other wemen starts changing there gender then wehat will happen??

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

Aaj kul DM peh bahut hee Sex kih baat hoh rahi hain. Sex Change should be banned?  Sex Education? 

I love it when people talk dirty   Just Kidding!!!!

What is DM?? How is sex education related to this??😕😳

Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^
How can you say such a thing? You may think a crooked nose, hare lip and downright ugly face may not harm anyone. But what about my eyes hurting. What about my blood pressure increasing and almost fainting when for a moment I think some horror movie creature has come to life. We need plastic surgeries!!!! You do not know how simple human decisions can ruin all of society. 😉

Plastic/cosmetic surgery and changing gender isnt the same thing...crooked nose?? any other abnormailities with appearance?? Plastic surgery can be allowed then. But change ur face for nothing, just to make it different?? No it wont be allowed then. Same way, if someone is  or anything as such, then sex change can be allowed as its man abnormailty. But if someone is just having problem with gender psychologically but physically he's completely ok, then no need for a change of gender, just attend therapy.😃

Live and let live man........

Why does this bother people so much????

I have been very lazy and not rwd all the discussions, but my own take is those that want such treatment must feel pretty strongly inside the need to be outwardly how they feel inwardly.

To me being feeling like one and being trapped in the body of the other must be hell.

If it helps to have surgery and feel "right" I really dont see the harm, providing all pre-requisitory research/therapy/counselling has been sought.

Peace

😡 M 😡

🤓 With sex change can someone change its personality and deeds. Or this is for a few who have lost their minds. 👎🏼