Debate Mansion

Big Brother UK vs Big Brother India

zoya786uk thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Big brother in the UK was very popular, i would watch every evenings highlights. Some of the scenes were quiet sexual in a sense i was quiet shocked that this could be displayed on Indian televison as even kissing scenes in bollywood are quiet restricted.

So has anyone actually viewed it? Is it any good?

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/gallery/detail.jsp?housem ateId=8 Shahbaz the only asian who was an homosexual who entered the house

India to get 'chaste' Big Brother
Big Brother logo
Big Brother is shown in about 70 countries worldwide
An Indian version of Celebrity Big Brother will come with a ban on "hanky panky," producers say. "Participants will be told to keep their hands to themselves," a spokeswoman for production company Endemol India told BBC News. "India is a conservative society and is not ready for the raunchy scenes that so characterise the programmes in the West," she continued. Up to 12 contestants will take part in the programme at the end of the year. The show's producers say they want to attract celebrities from Bollywood, cricket and Indian TV to live in the Big Brother house for three months. 'Multi-faith contestants' Both Muslims and Hindus could be chosen but issues between religions would not be discussed on the programme, said managing director of Endemol India, Rajesh Kamat. Unlike other versions of Big Brother, the Indian incarnation will not broadcast live, in order to avoid untoward scenes being shown. India is still a relatively conservative society. Very few couples live together before marriage, and intimate acts, such as kissing, are never seen on TV screens. However, soaps regularly feature storylines about infidelity and pregnancy out of wedlock.

Big Brother was created in the Netherlands in 1999 and has since been marketed in dozens of countries throughout the world.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rhabia thumbnail
i'll be looking forward to an indian BB i wonder who will be picked and what will ahppen in the house baring in mind Uk's Bb was vulgar#they shoud theme as in couples πŸ˜†
Groovychick thumbnail
You cannot compae the two! I mean..Big Boss is based on celebs..I know UK had a similar version with celebs but its not the same! Big Brother is no doubt the best!..Big Boss may have famous actors and models..but Big Brother had REAL entertainment.. πŸ˜‰
I mean wth..in India they allow no touching or w/e..what fun is that then? lol..then there's no point w/o the hot chemistry..this is the kinda stuff that makes the headlines..all gossip and all..its what gets people talking..what will they talk about there? It will be soo boring..according to me anyway.. πŸ˜•
When they used to have kissing scenes and censored scenes here..it used to be lyk oooooo..lol..over there..ur just seeing how normal celebs are living their house but under one roof with other contestants..there's not much spice to it..
When the winner of Big Brother went out..back home..everyone wanted to know about his love life with Nikki-the cry baby..also known as the girl who says (who is she?!..lmao!) Over there..its just like an Indian serial..if anyone says one bad thing to them..its like they'll start crying..lol..

Tina xx
~priya~ thumbnail

guys and girls definitely don't mix in well in bigg boss (india)

guys tend to sit in their room... whilst the girls are in the kitchen ! πŸ˜•

in big brother UK everyone's always together in the lounge area ! or sunbathing outside! πŸ˜†
~priya~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Groovychick

You cannot compae the two! I mean..Big Boss is based on celebs..I know UK had a similar version with celebs but its not the same! Big Brother is no doubt the best!..Big Boss may have famous actors and models..but Big Brother had REAL entertainment.. πŸ˜‰
I mean wth..in India they allow no touching or w/e..what fun is that then? lol..then there's no point w/o the hot chemistry..this is the kinda stuff that makes the headlines..all gossip and all..its what gets people talking..what will they talk about there? It will be soo boring..according to me anyway.. πŸ˜•
When they used to have kissing scenes and censored scenes here..it used to be lyk oooooo..lol..over there..ur just seeing how normal celebs are living their house but under one roof with other contestants..there's not much spice to it..
When the winner of Big Brother went out..back home..everyone wanted to know about his love life with Nikki-the cry baby..also known as the girl who says (who is she?!..lmao!) Over there..its just like an Indian serial..if anyone says one bad thing to them..its like they'll start crying..lol..

Tina xx

yeh i suppose in a way u can't compare them !

goras have no sharam ? πŸ˜† (no offence!) just the way their culture is !

ChameliKaYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~priya~

yeh i suppose in a way u can't compare them !

goras have no sharam ? πŸ˜† (no offence!) just the way their culture is !

I watched an episode of the big boss yesterday and although there were no explicitly hot scenes, I noticed that some, specially Rakhee Sawant did her best top scorch the camera.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Morgoth thumbnail
I haven't watched BB UK, or Big Boss, but BB US was very entertaining - and NOT it terms of raunchy scenes 🀒

But, just the multiple alliances that were formed and guessing if someone would stay true to their alliance or would they move on. Its a lot like Game Theory, with weirdos put into the mix. πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

I haven't watched BB UK, or Big Boss, but BB US was very entertaining - and NOT it terms of raunchy scenes 🀒

But, just the multiple alliances that were formed and guessing if someone would stay true to their alliance or would they move on. Its a lot like Game Theory, with weirdos put into the mix. πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

haha, i always knew that game theory could have even more interesting applications. like gaming for partnersπŸ˜†

Lovers Ka Love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
BB, I never prepared myself to watch this..... i love Horror Show

So Guyz, Keep quite, bcoz
Ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ko hay πŸ˜†
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Big brother and big boss are junk shows and I think we can watch these shows if we are into the profession of "Machhar Marna".
I really wonder who votes to these people!!