Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago
I guess I'm out on a limb here for two reasons

1. When a court has cast doubt on the legality of Dharam and Meera's marriage, why is he still chasing her and why is 'kokila' insisting that she goes back to her 'in-laws'. Until he divorces Durga Meera cannot be his legally wedded wife. He should do that 'tout suit' as I say it and free himself to marry again. I wouldn't have an issue with that. If they truly love each other then who can stop them. The writers have got mush for brains for writing it like it is.

2. Is what I have read on this forum about Durga. Yes, she is meek and mild and I can see myself wanting to give her a good talking to. But I ask you if you had a friend or relative in the same position as Durga, would you speak ill the same about her, as per some of the comments I've read, instead of trying to help? Would you seriously kick her when she's down?

Oh well I've said my piece ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ninag thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xarina

I guess I'm out on a limb here for two reasons

1. When a court has cast doubt on the legality of Dharam and Meera's marriage, why is he still chasing her and why is 'kokila' insisting that she goes back to her 'in-laws'. Until he divorces Durga Meera cannot be his legally wedded wife. He should do that 'tout suit' as I say it and free himself to marry again. I wouldn't have an issue with that. If they truly love each other then who can stop them. The writers have got mush for brains for writing it like it is.

2. Is what I have read on this forum about Durga. Yes, she is meek and mild and I can see myself wanting to give her a good talking to. But I ask you if you had a friend or relative in the same position as Durga, would you speak ill the same about her, as per some of the comments I've read, instead of trying to help? Would you seriously kick her when she's down?

Oh well I've said my piece ...

as a Dheera shipper agree 100% with point one. As for point 2, I used to feel sorry for her but not anymore. The cvs have just made her too pathetic to the point the viewer loses patience with her.
suzi... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well I think it's a duplicate kokila
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with the first point. I'm not a dheera shipper but I don't understand why Durga has not done anything when Dharam illegally married Meera? Why didn't she file a case on Dharam? Instead of that she keeps crying but can't bear when anyone talks bad about him.

I find that part annoying.
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ninag

as a Dheera shipper agree 100% with point one. As for point 2, I used to feel sorry for her but not anymore. The cvs have just made her too pathetic to the point the viewer loses patience with her.

I, for one would be a lot more comfortable, if Dharam did divorce Durga and then go after Meera.  
Durga does come across as pathetic, we said the same about Gopi when she bleated maaji, maaji like a broken record. The way she is, is down to Gaura and her bullying tactics and how Dharam behaved with her due to Gaura's whim.  It's often said that if an abuser tells their victim that they are useless, unlucky, ugly and good for nothing like Gaura is constantly telling Durga then the victim themselves start believing it and live their lives on whatever scraps of emotion is thrown their way.  I would like Durga to cut her losses and start a new life but alas, she thinks like one of my friends that it is better to bear an unhappy marriage than not be married at all.
Oops ðŸ˜³ I've gone on a little too far. 
Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes I agree with your points.
Even I'm tired of this Durga, when will they reveal her story? It doesn't make sense at all. No one is raising questions about Durga being Dharam's first wife. Only the lawyer and then Gopi mentioned it but seems like everyone else has forgotten, including Dharam and Meera. Meera should be asking him about Durga and even Dharam should be telling her.

About Durga, I am just sick of seeing her be so weak. Come on women stand up for yourself! But I can understand, she has been so ill treated that she hasn't got the courage anymore. The problem is her own family, no one is advising her properly. Shravan is not even angry about Dharam having a second wife, he's more angry about the age gap -_-
If I was Shravan or even Vidhya, I'd tell Durga to leave Dharam. Why go after someone who gives you no importance?!
dhaakshu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Agree, even if they ignore it now, someone's going to bring this up again in the future
If they've never been in love, they can separate
Why is Durga still there? For Shravan? 
I used to feel pity at her in the beginning, now I'm confused

She can raise voice for Dharam, but not herself? 😕
Being married in such a condition is not really worth it
I'd never tolerate this, in fact I can't tolerate this on-screen either

LoveSaathiya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Durga should have her own rights. And I am not saying this because I'm not a Dheera supporter, I'm saying this from a humanity point of view. The way Dharam and everyone actually was treating her and disrespecting her was so rude and horrible. When Mansi trying to come in between Gopi and Ahem, the Modis starting throwing a whole fit. And now Durga...she's being treated like a maid in her own home. I really feel pity for her. And just because we lose some patience with her and glorify Dheera, doesn't mean Durga should lose her family, husband and son.
ninag thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LuvYuvAni14

Durga should have her own rights. And I am not saying this because I'm not a Dheera supporter, I'm saying this from a humanity point of view. The way Dharam and everyone actually was treating her and disrespecting her was so rude and horrible.When Mansi trying to come in between Gopi and Ahem, the Modis starting throwing a whole fit. And now Durga...she's being treated like a maid in her own home. I really feel pity for her. And just because we lose some patience with her and glorify Dheera, doesn't mean Durga should lose her family, husband and son.

she's never had her husband so how can she lose him?
MADHYAMAVATHI thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninag

she's never had her husband so how can she lose him?

As per what has been revealed / not revealed so far, Durga is the legally  wedded wife of Dharam with the blessings of his mother. She even bore his son. So how can it be said that she never had him.
Just because Dharam now finds a young good looking girl showing apparent interest in him it does not mean that he was never married to Durga.
There is something called fidelity and a husband and wife are supposed to be true to one another. It does not mean that if you find a more attractive person you leave your partner and go away.
Just imagine if the wife does the same to her husband , will it be appreciated?