India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Truth from samir side (Page 2)

maulikmv Newbie
maulikmv
maulikmv

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 7:30am | IP Logged
I guess Uff haude wants to make a case for SS without actually saying what the case is. One thing which is now clear that SS thinks of himself in the league of SRK and Amir Khan and he thought it was his birthright to win that awrd. I had just posted the info that I had got and after Purab's side of the story I am more convinced that my info is correct. I have found out about the Awards night and  the truth is that the awards were decided and given by the jury which consisted of likes of Shefali Chhaya Shah, Kiran Juneja and Reema Lagoo. And I dont think that they would have been paid by Ekta or Sony to take away the award from SS. In any case, what comes out of Uff's message is SS did not get the award which he think  was his, so walked out of the awards function, refused to shoot for JJKN and then was thrown out. Doesn't make sense to me. Is an award more important then the show which u r doing? By the Amir Khan boycotts Awards Functions, doesn't wlked out his films because of them

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Agreed maulikmv,
Samir knows that he has developed many fans after JJKN.so he getting or not getting an awrd was not going to affect his fan club.Wasn't that his greatest award?
Agreed that he was hurt due to the injustice but by walking out of JJKN he's hurting all his fans,what abt that? Getting an awrd does not prove an actor's success,the fact that he is voted as the most popular and so many of his fans adoring him shud be the greatest awrd for him,but unfortunately he does not realize it and ultimately the real awrd(ie jassi) goes to armaan, not him Wink
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 10:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by yashika

Originally posted by Minnie

I don't think any post can be called meaningless.And all this talk of being 'used' doesn't make sense either.when Sameer came into the show he definitely knew the equations.Armaaan was the hero and if he was brought back,then it profited both ways.

We have to remember that before the cameo role,Sameer Soni was hardly even known,let alone have a fan following where as Jassi was topping charts.If anyone benefitted from this show,then it was Sameer Soni. I would say Sameer needed JJKN much more than JJKN needed him.A show obviously would do everything to retain it's popularity.So they thought it would benefit JJKN a bit more if they brought him back.Sameer was hardly doing a favour or charity.And he is hardly SRK or Amir.Not even close. 

In fact if someone should be at all angry,it should be Apoorva because it was his character they really messed up.I'm sure the rumours will eventually die down and we would know the truth.But please let's stop bashing Sony or T&D at every pretext.

i fail to understand why u are bringing in apoorva and the issue of what the makers did to him here. what is being discussed here is that ppl had chosen samir as the most popular and it was commuincated to him that he is the winner and at the last moment, just to appease ekta kapoor, the award was given to someone else. if this is what happened, anyone wld be upset and samir has a right to be upset. anyone, at any any level wld be upset if something unjustifiable is done to them. comparisions with Amir/SRK are absoutely ridiculous. you make not like samir/purab but that does not mean that u just continue a tirade against him no matter what. can we not take an objective view on something without being utterly biased for once !

that purab's role was given more airtime at the expense of armaan's was not samir's fault....that was the makers perrogative...why is samir being held responsible for that and moreover bringing that into the award related controversy is completely unnecessary!

Yashi,I have absolutely NOTHING against Samir Soni.In fact I like him a lot,especially after I watched his video 'aaja soniya'.My observations were completely based on the assumptions posted by other ppl.

It's being said that he behaved highhandedly at the awards function by walking out and then walked out of the show too leaving the directors in a lurch.I was criticising him solely on the basis that just because he did not get an award,isn't it too highhanded or arrogant on his part to walk out of a show,that too a show which is his only claim to fame?or cause so much trouble (refusing to shoot,that's absurd!!!!!!!)that he had to be thrown out?????

Even if it was conveyed to him by Sony ppl he was the winner,which seems quite impossible because the winners are declared right on the stage and no one is supposed to know abt it (I can't see kiran Juneja or Reema Lagoo bothering to listen to Ekta Kapoor to give an award to an undeserving candidate,even if she is Jeetendra's daughter,assuming they knew who the winner is going to be in an award voted by the publc;Sony channel also must have other important things to do other than inform an actor among hundreds of them from as many shows about an award which has not yet been declared,that too officially;it might have been an assumption by someone & I do think it's highly foolish of him to go solely by that),Sameer himself is not yet in a position to show starry tantrums.It wasn't as if the judges went on stage,declared he is the winner and then backtracked!!!!!!

As for him being miffed by T & D,I think every actor probably has a grudge against them because all of them have seen mutilation and confusion in their character,be it Apoorva,or Mona,or Mallika and of course Raj.Some of them have airtight contracts so they can't even look for greener pastures while their role is going for a toss.So how come it's only Sameer who is being rumored to show tantrums?If he is really that upset,he can give a time frame and he can quit gracefully and meanwhile the producers can arrange someone else to play the role or at least decide what to do with his role.What I am saying that if he has really left the directors in a lurch,it is highly unprofessional not to mention obnoxius for a character actor to do such a thing.

Originally posted by maulikmv

I have found out about the Awards night and  the truth is that the awards were decided and given by the jury which consisted of likes of Shefali Chhaya Shah, Kiran Juneja and Reema Lagoo. And I dont think that they would have been paid by Ekta or Sony to take away the award from SS. In any case, what comes out of Uff's message is SS did not get the award which he think  was his, so walked out of the awards function, refused to shoot for JJKN and then was thrown out.

I am still maintaining it's a rumour spread by someone not too fond of Sameer.However,if any of his is true,then it is really highly unproffesional and I do think SS has become a little big for his boots so lets not defend an unproffesional attitude just because we are crazy about him. 

Edited by Minnie - 21 November 2004 at 5:02pm
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 11:57am | IP Logged

I agree totally Minnie well saidClap.

Samir Soni seems to be biting the hand that feeds him.  Once this spreads amongst the industry - if it is true of course- no one will dare touch him with a barge pole!  He will have ruined his blossoming career himself. 

Also his loyalties lie with Tony and Deeya, not Sony.  T&D hired him and gave him a break when his career had hit the skids and this is how he repays them?!  If his grudge was with Sony, he should have had the decency to give a months notice so - as you said Minnie - T&D could plan around his departure.  But instead he does this to them!

ananyaa Newbie
ananyaa
ananyaa

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Excuse me....we don't know what is the truth here....so let's refrain from being so JUDGEMENTAL....whatever happened one may never know....let's remember that even if samir had to quit the reasons must have been very strong...after all by doing so he is hurting his own career too...who are we to sit in judgement here...we don't have to jump on him like vultures just because some ppl don't want him on the show.....i am sure had it been armaan, instaed of seeing such a long condemnation we wld have seen a huge justification defending him......let's not be so hypocritical....purab fans are anyways upset that he may not be there on the show and such accusations hurt even more...just leave the guy alone...plz......

Edited by ananyaa - 21 November 2004 at 12:11pm
surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 12:11pm | IP Logged

I did write in my post "if this rumour is true of course" If you had read it properly you would see that!

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
I still think he was unprofessional - regardless of reason you don't just walk out like that.   
gelato Senior Member
gelato
gelato

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you Minnie.Very well said!!!!

Go to top