Debate Mansion

Are youngsters careless drivers? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:11am | IP Logged
I dont know if they are old or young but many drivers here in the UAE drive in such an irresponsible manner...
speeding...switching lanes like crazy.....

Road accidents are so common here...recently I witnessed one right outside my own building...the overturned vehicle...the fire engine and the police cars with the blinking lights...the lifeless bodies being carried on strechers...just the thought of the sight is enough to send shivers down my spine!!

I think drivers here atleast need some kind of psychological training in addtion to the regular road and theory that they do!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are youngsters careless drivers? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Majority

IF-Dazzler

Majority

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TallyHo

... in the UAE drive in such an irresponsible manner .... I think drivers here atleast need some kind of psychological training ...

In as far as UAE/Dubai driving habits are concerened, I think that the social fabric of "make-as-much-money-as-you-can-and-as-quick-as-you-can" has led to the extreme intolerance on the roads.

amisra

IF-Dazzler

amisra

Posted: 11 November 2006 at 3:10am | IP Logged
Not all youngsters are careless drivers, but quite a few are.

Most youngsters don't have too much responsibility. So they party hard and get drunk. Therefore when they drive, they aren't aware of anything. And then they normally end up in a huge accident. That's probably one of the main reasons why an insurance company might hesitate to insure a teenager.

Cheers,

Anjali

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jatayu

Originally posted by TallyHo

... in the UAE drive in such an irresponsible manner .... I think drivers here atleast need some kind of psychological training ...

In as far as UAE/Dubai driving habits are concerened, I think that the social fabric of "make-as-much-money-as-you-can-and-as-quick-as-you-can" has led to the extreme intolerance on the roads.

Wellsaid!!Clap

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Typically yes.. by instinct they have just come out watching the fast and the furious..
True with most guys.. but gals generally are ok, indian gals surely ok...same with indian guys...

when I see a gum chewing american teenager wearing a lot of dark-eye shades/shadows... I just let her pass... pull over if required... LOL

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

souro

souro

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rajeev Ki Heer

Are youngsters really careless & risky drivers?often people, mostly insurance companies say that young people are more careless & risky drivers than others. do u agree with it?

I wouldn't say all youngsters are careless and risky drivers but I'll definitely agree that most of the risky drivers are youngsters. Here by youngsters I mean below 30 and older is 30+ (this is for you QT for calling below 25 people 'kids' Tongue). In a drag race or impromptu street races you'll rarely see anyone above 30 taking part. As for careless driving I feel DUI, talking on cell phone, breaking signals occurs as much among older drivers as younger drivers.

I'll give some reasons as to why it may be so:

1) Youngsters don't have any dependent family to think about.

2) They are newer to driving, so the novelty of the activity takes time to wear off and they tend to experiment in that period.

3) Youngsters are more influenced by stunts they have seen in films.

4) Older people have had their share of accidents already, so they know what a crash would mean.

5) Everyone thinks noone can drive like him. LOL

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Originally posted by souro

5) Everyone thinks noone can drive like him. LOL

Soumya

Is that from personal experience? WinkLOL

Rash driving is prevalent among all ages.Would have to dig up data on whether rash driving is more prevalent in teens and young adults( the data would be flawed as many people do not report accidents if it involves just their car)

One day , a SUV overtook me with just a few inches between the vehicles.

And she had a child in the backseat.

My uncle's car that I was driving got totalled thanks to someone who did the same thing.  She just did not stop at the TOLL plaza while I was watching her come and rear-end me while applying her mascaraDeadDead
She also had 2 kids in her back seat and my back seats almost became front seats with that hit of a Dodge ram on a civic.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top