Are youngsters careless drivers? - Page 3

Posted: 17 years ago
Typically yes.. by instinct they have just come out watching the fast and the furious..
True with most guys.. but gals generally are ok, indian gals surely ok...same with indian guys...

when I see a gum chewing american teenager wearing a lot of dark-eye shades/shadows... I just let her pass... pull over if required... πŸ˜†

This is what I call stereotyping. An Indian friend told me once that her driving instructor made a remark that Indian girls are terrible at driving with zero confidence and it takes many tests before they get license and even get on the road.

Originally posted by Rajeev Ki Heer

Are youngsters really careless & risky drivers?often people, mostly insurance companies say that young people are more careless & risky drivers than others. do u agree with it?

I wouldn't say all youngsters are careless and risky drivers but I'll definitely agree that most of the risky drivers are youngsters. Here by youngsters I mean below 30 and older is 30+ (this is for you QT for calling below 25 people 'kids' πŸ˜›). In a drag race or impromptu street races you'll rarely see anyone above 30 taking part. As for careless driving I feel DUI, talking on cell phone, breaking signals occurs as much among older drivers as younger drivers.

I'll give some reasons as to why it may be so:

1) Youngsters don't have any dependent family to think about.

2) They are newer to driving, so the novelty of the activity takes time to wear off and they tend to experiment in that period.

3) Youngsters are more influenced by stunts they have seen in films.

4) Older people have had their share of accidents already, so they know what a crash would mean.

5) Everyone thinks noone can drive like him. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by tania.ganguly

Soumya

Is that from personal experience? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Rash driving is prevalent among all ages.Would have to dig up data on whether rash driving is more prevalent in teens and young adults( the data would be flawed as many people do not report accidents if it involves just their car)

One day , a SUV overtook me with just a few inches between the vehicles.

And she had a child in the backseat.

My uncle's car that I was driving got totalled thanks to someone who did the same thing.  She just did not stop at the TOLL plaza while I was watching her come and rear-end me while applying her mascara🀒🀒
She also had 2 kids in her back seat and my back seats almost became front seats with that hit of a Dodge ram on a civic.
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

My uncle's car that I was driving got totalled thanks to someone who did the same thing.  She just did not stop at the TOLL plaza while I was watching her come and rear-end me while applying her mascara🀒🀒
She also had 2 kids in her back seat and my back seats almost became front seats with that hit of a Dodge ram on a civic.

Are you ladies trying to substantiate one of the earlier poster's claim of women being ☒️ hazardous driver ☒️.

Soumya

Rash driving is prevalent among all ages.Would have to dig up data on whether rash driving is more prevalent in teens and young adults( the data would be flawed as many people do not report accidents if it involves just their car)

One day , a SUV overtook me with just a few inches between the vehicles.

And she had a child in the backseat.

May be the kid was about to puke and mess up the upholstry....πŸ˜†.. why are we bringing out exceptions to prove a rule...πŸ˜†

Soumya

You know me well Tania. πŸ˜†

most of the youngsters are careless drivers cuz they want speed in their life and doesn,t want to follow the rules but some youngesters are mature and know how to drive and follow the rules. i read in newsapers that today a 18 yr girl got in a accindent died so mmany youngesters are careless.few are amture and ubnderstand the rules and drive safely.for me 100 out of 90 are careless only 10% are
mature