Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Jan 22

Good episode today.  Okay, Tanu managed to explain away the love card, but other than that, some things are moving.  As usual, I just cue the wallowing-in-self-pity-scenes of Abhi & Pragya - nothing to watch there. 👎🏼

One thing - why was Pragya so much in tears over Abhi talking about splitting the property?  That's a GOOD suggestion.   In these serials, any time someone talks about splitting the property, the lead heroines are all in tears like it's another India-Pakistan partition.  Joint families don't HAVE to be the norm, especially if you have some parasites who want to loot the main earning member.  Once this issue is resolved, giving everybody a slice of the cake is fine, and then let those who were on Abhi's side remain w/ him, while the others - like Aliya and Raj - can leave, w/o being out on the streets.

I was pissed off @ Dadi for finding a new rationale for not telling Sarla the truth.  However, the good thing is that she's left it to Pragya.  Pragya, please ask Purab to reveal everything to Sarla right now.  Aliya is in jail, and no longer banging down her door asking for Purab.  And Tanu is not chasing the Arora house for any reason, and neither is  Raj.

When Abhi confronted Tanu about the greeting card, I was half hoping that Tanu said that it was FROM Aliya, rather than FOR her 😈😆  That would have been funny.  Actually, I wish Nikhil would have put in both their names, so that Tanu would have been busted.  But whatever 🥱

The high point of today's episode  is Abhi really testing Tanu's love for him vs his cash.  But the test was flawed - Tanu could easily have told him right away that she'd otherwise be fine w/ eating @ a dhaba, but for her baby and the hygene.  That would have been a legitimate denial of Abhi's request, w/o making it look like she's only after luxury.  It just helps that she's stupid that it created seeds of doubt in Abhi's mind.  But Abhi taking her for a date in an auto was a hoot 🤣

Mitali and Rachna scene was funny, but where is Akash & the baby?

Also, please bring Bulbul back!!!
Edited by .Vrish. - 8 years ago
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Abhi and Pragya both being adults. I like it, but it's painful. Colour me impressed and thrilled that Pragya straight up said "it's wrong for Abhi to keep depending on other people to show him the truth about people, he needs to learn for himself." I never thought CVs would show this; they've always made it Pragya's mission or Purab's task or Daadi's goal to lead Abhi to truth. I'm very pleased with Pragya's statement on this finally. As for Abhi, him taking responsibility in the precap, I wish I didn't find it so hurtful and upsetting. This is exactly what I wanted him to do initially. I guess what galls and infuriates and disheartens me is - when Pragya wanted him to do this, he turned a deaf ear. And now that's decided to do it, it's like he's using it against her, to hurt her. That may not be his only reason but that's the effect of his behaviour, and I believe it is not unintentional. So, yeah, yuck. After this I want to see Abhi fighting for Pragya and fighting for their love. My fantasy is Pragya finally embracing the last kernels of her self-pride and saying "Here you go Abhi, I fixed your life, even after you gave up on me. You're welcome. Goodbye." This will never happen of course. Serials exist to show the heroine's struggle; the hero is a bit player in that. Just a bigger bit player than everyone else. I know and accept this. But after certain scenes of Abhi turning 360 degrees shooting emotional shrapnel while doing the "right" thing...well. A girl needs her fantasies, you know.
-mina- thumbnail
Btw everyone, it is our EDT mod TRISHH's birthday on Jan 23rd! If you'd like to wish her, please comment on her official bday thread here: || Music & Masti ~ Happy Birthday Trisha ||

-Trishh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -mina-

Abhi and Pragya both being adults. I like it, but it's painful. Colour me impressed and thrilled that Pragya straight up said "it's wrong for Abhi to keep depending on other people to show him the truth about people, he needs to learn for himself." I never thought CVs would show this; they've always made it Pragya's mission or Purab's task or Daadi's goal to lead Abhi to truth. I'm very pleased with Pragya's statement on this finally. As for Abhi, him taking responsibility in the precap, I wish I didn't find it so hurtful and upsetting. This is exactly what I wanted him to do initially. I guess what galls and infuriates and disheartens me is - when Pragya wanted him to do this, he turned a deaf ear. And now that's decided to do it, it's like he's using it against her, to hurt her. That may not be his only reason but that's the effect of his behaviour, and I believe it is not unintentional. So, yeah, yuck. After this I want to see Abhi fighting for Pragya and fighting for their love. My fantasy is Pragya finally embracing the last kernels of her self-pride and saying "Here you go Abhi, I fixed your life, even after you gave up on me. You're welcome. Goodbye." This will never happen of course. Serials exist to show the heroine's struggle; the hero is a bit player in that. Just a bigger bit player than everyone else. I know and accept this. But after certain scenes of Abhi turning 360 degrees shooting emotional shrapnel while doing the "right" thing...well. A girl needs her fantasies, you know.

@Bold- That is what I always assumed that Pragya's goal was and that is one reason for this drama. I am so glad that she said this today! This is so true! He needs to make his own conclusions and can not keep on depending on others to tell him the truth.

I do like Abhi's fervent efforts to disprove Pragya because that means he gets quite affected by what Pragya says. He could have also ignored her, but he did not. He wants to prove that Tanu is the right one, but he can not through his delusion

Edited by -Trishh- - 8 years ago
-Trishh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Another point I wanted to make:
Didn't Abhi and Tanu start dating because they  both were ambitious and obsessed with money?

He always knew that she was money-minded, right?

Then why does he think that she had a change of heart? Does he really think she changed her ways?
-mina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Trishh-

Another point I wanted to make:

Didn't Abhi and Tanu start dating because they  both were ambitious and obsessed with money?

He always knew that she was money-minded, right?

Then why does he think that she had a change of heart? Does he really think she changed her ways?

If Pragya taught him to believe in love and family (ok maybe not family)...why is he looking for it with someone else? How did he learn to see that possibility?
Cerealgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Completely agree with you, Mina! I liked the episode a lot!
Cerealgirl thumbnail

Btw everyone, it is our EDT mod TRISHH's birthday on Jan 23rd! If you'd like to wish her, please comment on her official bday thread here: || Music & Masti ~ Happy Birthday Trisha ||

Cool! Thank you for letting us know!  Love to wish Trishh!
Cerealgirl thumbnail
Friday Jan 22 epi - Loved the epi! Good one

So Pragya is the CEO of her mission now.  The team is backing off and dumping all responsibilities on her! Good. Pragya makes excellent moves on her own. The real mission begins now!  So the dilly dallying to tell Sarla ma before or after Tanu exposure sounds a bit ominous. Why even mention that line?  Pragya realizes winning comes at cost, cost of her own happiness. Right-wrong were her watch words, and today she went a step higher - now her pursuit is for the truth.

Abhi - Tanu scenes in the middle of all this heartache were stupidly hilarious for me. I'd rather laugh at them than have an emotional reaction - not worth it.  The card scene was somewhat realistic.  Tanu so effortlessly manipulates Abhi that it's Aliya's card. Now I numbly watch Abhi fall for her without a fight again and again.  Tanu knows what Abhi wants and appeals to his ego and his values. That's how she wins.  

The lunch date was totally ridiculous! Rockstar and former super model in an auto for street food? 😆 What's with Abhi testing his women? He tried to seduce Pragya to test her feelings and lost.  Now he's testing to see if Tanu loves him or his money?? Who does that?  Even if he was doing this because Pragya put that idea in him, why be so direct and blatant that he wants to see if she loves him or his money more? Who'd say I love your money more, man? He's so transparent and tactless.  That makes him so easy to manipulate! He lost to Tanu again.  I feel sorry for him. 

I loved Pragya's way to handle Abhi as he makes his plan to bond with his family.  Letting him make his choices is a brilliant.  That's the right thing to do. I'm so glad CV's are not making her beg Abhi to accept her.  Abhi needs to make a conscious choice to love Pragya and choose her over Tanu.  Abhi needs to develop an inner meter to help him make decisions on his own.  That has to be his decision made with good judgement.  She can only bring the truth out. Rest is up to Abhi. Her maturity, intelligence, and love for love's sake was emphasized today - kudos to Pragya as a character!

I still have this theory that as Pragya is working on exposing Tanu, Abhi is working on exposing Fuggy's real motive.  It would be terrific if Tanu is outed and Abhi outs Fuggy and her plan at the same time.  That would be such a rich and balanced treat for us viewers.  Not going to happen, I guess. Just a theory.  We'll have to bear more of Tanu's sham and Abhi's "my family, my baby" lines as in the precap. 

Naina- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
When the episodes in the MMS track got worse and worse, it meant it was nearing the end. And finally, i feel like we are nearing the end here as well. No more comedy, we've had straight-up serious episodes for more than a week now. Furthermore, with things getting worse and worse between Abhi and Pragya, I just feel like its almost time for Tanu exposure. It may not be Abhigya reunion, but I'm okay with that as of now! Tanu just needs to go!