#5 Arhi FF : Limerence [ Completed ]

mints23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 8 years ago

( Banner credit : sayari_sanki99 )

( Banner credit : Sadh123 )

Limerence (n) : A state of mind which results from a romantic attraction to another person typically including compulsive fantasies and a desire to form a relationship and have one's feelings reciprocated.

What happens when two people with distinct backgrounds, and a singular opinion on love... meet? Their past has crafted them into people they never wanted to be. Losing themselves into this complex world, trying to ally loneliness and silence... they are thrown into each other's paths that will only lead them to happiness. Or will it?

Limerence is a story about two people, accidentally falling in love and fulfilling dreams that never existed in the realms of their imagination. Hope this Arnav and Khushi can ignite the little spark within you, which is needed in everyone's life. 

Edited by mints23 - 8 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mints23 thumbnail

~ Index ~

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Part 30 : Below

Part 31 : Page 20

Part 32 : Page 38

Epilogue 1 : Page 61

Epilogue 2 : Page 78

Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

For the first time in the history, a stalker or an ardent fan and a reader of Limerence is inviting everyone, including the writer herself, to the last thread of this amazing story. Yes, a last does not mean the end, it signifies the closing of another beautiful chapter and the start of another new one for all of us... I hope all of you hop in and enjoy the final provided by one of the finest writers on the forum! I am glad all of you were a part of this story from the start and I am sure you will all love it now.. a big congratulations to our dear writer, mints23 on achieving this feat! 

As your reader, I am so glad to have gotten this honour to invite all! Thanks a ton minty! 

Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago
mints23 thumbnail

Limerence : Part 30

The entire office of AR Designs was abuzz with excitement and gossip. After all, their very reticent and brooding owner had finally agreed to get tied down to one woman. Despite the fact that he was never known as a womanizer, his aura had always been intimidating and most of the female population in ARD, fawned at his feet. As much as there were employees raving about how wonderful a couple they made, there were an endless list of females, burning with jealousy. The badmouthing against the not-so-popular Khushi Gupta, still continued with whispered words and frankly, there was nothing one could do about it. However, the couple in contention and their immediate family and friends, were far beyond caring about such senseless wagging tongues.

"Do you like the saree, Khushi? I know you are upset, that I hid most of the designing decisions from you. Par kya karoon? ASR's strict orders were to keep you away from any added work stress than you are already dealing with. I know you have been given the responsibility of coming up with ideas for a new line of Indian wear," Payal pouted seeing a sulking Khushi, scribbling at her desk. Khushi glanced up and wanted to giggle, seeing Payal's sorry face. However, she wanted to torment her friend a little more, what with all the teasing Payal had instigated in the last few days. It was revenge time and Payal Mittal should get a taste of her own medicine.

"I know what Arnavji told you Payal. But didn't you think I would like to have a say in what I wear for my engagement? I had dreamt of wearing my favourite colours, I had imagined a particular kind of work on the delicate material... and now I don't have much of a choice, do I? I like what you have designed Payal... its sunning... but it is not me," Khushi spoke with a poker face, wondering how she had managed to learn these kind of dramatics from Payal, in such a short span of time!

Payal's face fell and Khushi panicked seeing her almost on the verge of tears. She rushed to comfort her poor friend, "Hey! Payal... I was only joking. I am so so sorry! I love the saree, Payal... it is stunning. It couldn't have been more perfect, had I designed it myself. Please... believe me, I was only playing with you." Payal sniffed, and then burst into laughter, shocking Khushi. "You think I don't know? You actually thought I would believe in all the crap you were giving me. You may be able to fool Neena with all that boldness, but I know the real Khushi better. I know that every mean word said to someone else, hurts you more Khushi. And plus Payal Mittal is confident about her designs. It took me hours to come up with something that matched your simple yet elegant preferences."

Khushi swatted Payal and yet lunged forward to hug her in relief. How truthfully Payal had spoken about her. "You scared me Payal... all the time teasing me. I am just so thankful to have you in my life now... a sister I always wished for. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the wonderful saree!" Khushi said with emotion. "Oh! Come on... stop being such a drama queen... does not suit my little innocent Khushi. Anyways, I heard that mom has called Arnav and you at home today, much earlier than others. Do you have any inkling about what is cooking in our dear sasuma's head?" Payal asked inquisitively, unable to hide her excitement for the impending engagement.

Khushi simply shrugged her shoulders and got back to her scribbles. It was the first time she had been assigned a task to design clothes on her own and the only thing running in her head was, to not let Arnav down. He had shown faith in her talent and seen her flourish with the online course she had been pursuing. The fashion show had been a huge learning experience for her and somehow, she had suddenly got the strength and support to dream bigger than she had ever done. With Arnav and the Mittals by her side, she felt safe and happy. It was this inner contentment that reflected in her work, giving her a sense of peace to unleash her creativity. Wasn't that what any artist loved the most?

-------------------------------------

It was only four in the afternoon, when her phone buzzed. Arnav had called her to his cabin, from where they would make their way to the Mittal residence. She wondered what Manorama had in mind. However, the excitement of the upcoming day, would not let her dwell on other thoughts any more. She was officially going to be Arnav Singh Raizada's fiance. She recollected the time from a couple of days ago, when she had gone shopping with her mother for a ring. It had been one of those emotional moments, when her mother had revealed her dream of Khushi's marriage. Slowly and steadily, whenever she could, Garima had saved enough money to marry Khushi off. However, nothing had prepared her for a rich prince to come and whisk her daughter away.

"Will he like this simple ring, bitiya?"

"Amma, you know Arnavji... he will love anything we choose."

"Even then Khushi... this is so simple and basic compared to what he deserves. I don't know if we can even afford all these expenses."

"Amma, I know how you feel... but Manorama aunty has already placated your fears the other day na... then why are you again fretting about the same thing? They are kind people and Arnavji has already warned me, to not worry about all the unnecessary expenses. Do you want me to call him here to see whether he likes the ring or no?"

"No, no bitiya. I am sure he will like it if you think so."

Khushi could not stop smiling at the adorableness of her mother. Even though she loved Arnav like a son, her traditional thoughts made her want to give her dear son-in-law the entire world. How did the girl's mother, quickly form such a strong bond with her son-in-law, while it took ages for the girl to bond to her mother-in-law? One thing she knew for sure though, that she would share a lovely relationship with her new amma... who had welcomed her into their family with open arms. With these thoughts running in her mind, she entered Arnav's cabin without a knock and gasped at being suddenly pushed against the wall.

"Arnavji... what the..." her words were delightfully silenced, as his mouth sought hers. Within few hesitant moments, she responded to his hungry kiss, lost in the passionate daze he always surrounded her in. All thoughts vanished from her head, as the world seized to exist. Her entire world had culminated and focused to this one man, who made her even forget, who she was. His lips moved over hers, tasting her with such primal hunger, that made her body combust in flames. Her one traitorous hand clutched onto his crisp shirt, finding the small opening at the neck to touch his flaming skin. Her other trembling hand speared through his ruffled silken hair, to pull him closer to herself.

Arnav though momentarily stunned by her response, reveled in the desire she reciprocated. She tasted divine and he somehow would never have enough of her. His hands moved over her delicious curves, touching her intimately. An entire day without seeing her, had been sheer torture and the slow bottling of his need for her had simply combusted him into fragments of love. "Khushi," he breathed, pulling back from the languorous, delectable kiss, dropping tiny kisses across her jaw. The knowledge of being engaged to her formally, although scared the shit out of him... thrilled him to no extent. They wouldn't have to hide anymore. She wouldn't have to go through defamation anymore. He would make sure of that.

Khushi clutched onto her chest, breathing in heavily... her cheeks flushed, her hair in disarray. Her lashes lowered, unable to meet Arnav's eyes, knowing well that they would be dancing with mirth and jest. He brushed his knuckles across her soft cheeks, his warm breath fanning her exquisite face and whispered, "I missed you." She blushed some more and mumbled shyly, "I missed you too." Pulling away from her a bit, he combed her hair with his fingers and asked, "How was you day, Khushi?" She looked up into his melting eyes and almost forgot what he had asked.

Arnav chuckled and turned around, pulling her along with him to the huge windows, which gave a glimpse of their favourite view. Making her face the city, he stood behind her. Encircling his arms around her waist pulling her flush towards him, he rested his chin on her shoulder and sighed in contentment. "I asked, how was your day?" he whispered again. She felt perfectly happy and relaxed in the moment, in his comforting arms. Turning sideward to look at his stunning face she replied, "It was very good Arnavji. I managed to crack a few new designs and also made sure that most of the clothes for tomorrow have been altered."

He turned her around quickly to face him and said sternly, "Didn't I tell you to stay away from all the preparations, Khushi? There are people assigned to do those jobs. I don't want you to get hassled a day before this huge engagement party. I know you already have too much on your plate." She shushed him with her finger on his lips and said sweetly, "Arnavji... it was fine. I like doing stuff for our families. Anyways, Payal was panicking with the last minute changes and I merely wanted to help. I swear I wasn't too stressed."

He nodded and held her close for a few silent moments, savoring her presence in his life. She had filled all the hollows and slowly begun to mend his broken heart. Her smile, her chatter, her ideas, her dreams... all seemed to have become an integral part of his life. And despite the fear of what his mother had done to his father... he had begun to dream a life with Khushi... where he was answerable to no one, if he chose to spend all of his daily hours, simply whiling around her.

Pulling away he asked, "Are you ready to leave? I think we should get going. I wonder why maasi has called us earlier than others. Do you have any idea?" Khushi shook her head, as he picked up his jacket and other important files to be taken home. "I am sure, you have left your bag on the design floor. Lets get it and get out of here... before I lose control over myself. It is so difficult to stay away from you Khushi... you bewitching woman," Arnav said teasingly, wrapping his arm around her and getting into the lift. They surely seemed like a couple in love, completely smitten with each other, uncaring of the world... and that is exactly how it should be.

As the servant opened the door to usher them inside, Arnav noticed that the grand hall, which usually bustled with vibrancy and energy, seemed uncannily tranquil. He wondered if his constantly chattering maasi, was occupied in the kitchen. His eyes flickered to the sofa and came to a standstill... just like his feet that refused to move forward. Warm brown eyes, took him in hungrily. Khushi, who had walked ahead, turned around and asked, "Arnavji... why are you standing there?" However, Arnav was lost... the world around him swirling around with the echo's of past, a million memories good and bad made their way into his heart... his mind... flooding them with images and words that had broken him a long time ago.

"Amma, how are you?" Khushi asked, sitting besides a pensive Manorama. "I am fine Khushi beta," Manorama replied warmly, patting her head. Khushi then noticed the woman sitting besides her and within a fraction of a moment she knew who she was. Khushi gasped and looked at Manorama for a second, before her eyes sought her man. Arnav, who had managed to gather his scattered wits, walked towards them and sat down. Khushi quietly moved towards him, lending the strength that she knew he would need.

"Maasi, you called us home early. Was there any particular reason?" he asked icily. Manorama fidgeted in the seat nervously, yet replied assuredly, "I had to let her know Arnav. Despite what you have to say, she is your mother and she needs to know about your engagement... and needs to meet Khushi." Arnav's eyes turned even colder if possible, his hands fisting over each other. Khushi reached out to cover his hands, worried that he would lash out at his own mother. She was so unsure of how this day would unfold.

"In that case, I would have liked if you would have asked me before inviting this woman in our home. I am in a happy phase of my life after years of sorrow... and I am not too sure if I want it to be eclipsed with her presence," he said sternly. "Arnav!" it was Manorama who admonished him, while Maya could barely manage to control her tears. "I don't need your permission to invite guests into our home," she said with equal force and turned her attention towards Khushi. "Khushi bitiya, come here. Let me introduce you to your mother-in-law. Maya... this is Khushi, the beautiful girl who finally thawed Arnav's heart."

Khushi's heart felt the conflict, between Arnav and her amma. She felt unsure of what to do. When she got up and moved towards Maya, Arnav did not stop her... and that gave her the strength to touch the feet of the woman, who had given birth to her Arnavji. "Khush raho beta... you are truly beautiful. I am so happy for the two of you," Maya kissed Khushi's forehead, her eyes brimming with tears and her heart thudding dangerously in her chest, seeing the hatred in her son's eyes. How could she blame him though? She deserved every nasty word from him. She deserved far worse.

"Khushi, would you please help me with the dinner? I need some help in the kitchen," Manorama said hurriedly, wanting to give Maya and Arnav some time, to sort out their differences. She didn't know what this conversation would lead to. However, she had to do this for Ajay... she knew her jijaji would have wanted Maya's presence on one of the most important days of Arnav's life. Her heart ached for the raw sadness she had seen in Arnav's eyes and wanted to rush to him. However, there were some wounds, which only Maya would be able to heal, and she acknowledged that fact.

As Manorama dragged her into the kitchen, Khushi glanced at a stoic Arnav, whose eyes were frozen on Maya's. She hoped and she prayed to her Devi Maiyya, to give both of them patience and strength to get through this painful confrontation. Despite the strong urge to rush to Arnav and wrap him in her consoling arms, she realized that this was probably the last piece of their past, that needed to be put into its correct place, to finally complete their happy picture.

Thick, heavy, stomach-curling silence engulfed the mother-son duo, who sat staring at each other... both unsure of what to expect... or more so, how to even begin this conversation. It was Arnav, who finally tore his gaze away and stood up. Walking away from her, he ran a frustrating had through his hair and whispered, "Why?" It was one simple question, which had a million facets to it. Why did you leave me mom? Why did you break dad's heart? Why did you never look back? Why did you never reach out to me? Why are you back? Why now? Why?

The tears that had choked her throat until now, leaked freely. Maya stood up on trembling legs and whispered, "sorry." It was one heartfelt word that could fill an entire ocean of emotions. I am sorry for leaving the two of you. I am sorry for breaking Ajay's heart. I am sorry for ruining your childhood. I am sorry for never looking back. I am sorry for never reaching out to you, son. I am sorry for everything. Maya sobbed into her wrinkled hands, looking older than her age.

Arnav's heart twisted seeing the sight of his frail mother, broken to such extent. He felt torn apart, unable to fathom the contrasting emotions he was experiencing. The turmoil of the past had crowded his mind, unable to let him feel any kind of love or sympathy towards the woman, who had broken his family. Anger rushed back into his veins as he bit out angrily, "Sorry? Is that all you have to offer after all these years? Why are you even here... when you believed that I was a big mistake? Are you here to rectify it? How did you expect this meeting to go? What do you want from me?"

Maya winced at the bite in his words and knew she deserved all of it. She knew she had been a terrible mother. Despite her differences with her husband, she had been so driven by falling in love... that she had forgotten all else. She had been selfish and she would have to bear the consequences of her wrong doings. With slumped shoulders she pleaded, "Will you let me tell you my side of the story, Arnav? I am asking for a few minutes. Will you give me that much?" Arnav snickered and asked, "Do I really have a choice? Maasi has made sure of giving us some privacy... and only for her, I am giving you this chance to say whatever you wish to."

She sighed and began a story, that had been covered in dust and grime of time. "I was merely twenty one, when my family wanted me to get married. I had known Ajay, as a family friend from before, yet, never had any inclination to know him better. I did not have any kind of feelings for him. I had dreams and aspirations to work and handle my father's business. Like every young girl, I dreamed of falling in love with a man, who would sweep me away in a blanket of warmth and happiness. However, everything shattered, when Ajay hinted of wanting to marry me. It was more of friends turning into business relationship for the two families."

She paused and took in a deep breath, as she continued, "I refused upfront, unable to fathom the concept of marrying without love. My mother tried to convince me, that after marriage everything would be all right and love would come easily. With a lot of pressure from the families and Ajay's constant persistence, I finally gave in. We married, and my life changed its course forever. In the initial days we struggled to find compatibility. Ajay was one of the finest men I had ever met... patient and comforting. He always tried to keep me happy. Yet, the romantic fool in me, always craved for something more... something unknown. I tired Arnav; I really really tried to work things out with Ajay. I even went to a marriage counselor to find some help to feel the warmth for my extremely caring husband. It was then that the families suggested us to have a baby, which would complete this void in me."

"Soon you were born, brining in such happiness and freshness into our lives. For almost two years, my little baby boy became my world. Someone, who I thought would bring Ajay and me together, somehow managed to drive us even further apart. I drowned myself in taking care of you, ignoring the gaping distance between Ajay and me. He was the same, caring, loving, giving me my space and time... a very good man... just not the man for me. I could never love him somehow and knowing the fact about how much he selflessly loved me in return, made me feel even more guilty."

"By the time you turned seven, I didn't know what exactly I was doing with my life or what I expected out of it. Despite a wonderful family, I felt lonely and sad. I had everything and then actually nothing. It was in one of those business parties where I met Shekhar, the man I was destined to fall in love with. He urged me to join his company as a consultant, making me rethink and revisit my career options. As work and formal meetings turned more casual, I fell in love with his exuberance and flair for life. I never cheated on your father, Arnav. But the moment I realized what love felt like, as it wrapped me into its enchanting embrace... I knew I had to get away. Ajay would not have left me with a fight, and I had to literally turn to stone, to have left the two of you. I knew if I took you along, Ajay would completely break apart... and that is why I left a part of me with him."

Maya sobbed brokenly, slumping onto the sofa. Reliving the days that had been filled with chaos and confusion, had taken a toll on her fragile heart. And the worst part was that her son had not even turned once to look at her, not an ounce of reaction from him. She knew anything she said was not enough... each one lived with the baggage of their past... guilt eating them up throughout their lives. Hers was something she had brought upon herself.

She had stayed away from its consequences for far too long. She had been running away from her son, because of the mountain of guilt she had been carrying on her shoulders for years. It was now the time, to face him, his opinion and his decision. As he turned to face her, she blanched at the raw pain she witnessed in his eyes. His words rung loud and clear into the deserted hall, "I have heard your story maa... now is the time for me to tell you mine. Hear it out and then I give you the right to make a decision... about what the future lies for our relationship." She had been greedily waiting for him to address her as "maa." And yet when he had, it sounded nothing more than a mere taunt... and rightfully so. She braced herself to hear the turmoil of her baby boy, who in this moment seemed to her like a lost child of eight... exactly where she had left him.

Part 31

Wohooo! We are on Thread 5!! Through all the years that I have been writing Arhi stories, this is the first one that has reached thread 5... and even though I hate making new threads, it feels good to be appreciated. I can humbly thank each and every reader of Limerence, to have left their love and encouragement scattered all across these pages. I know for sure that this would be the last thread for this story. Phew!

A fair warning : There are just about a couple of more updates to this story... and then maybe a couple of epilogues. (This is exactly how I had envisioned this story... so I apologize in advance if I am going to disappoint anyone.) 

Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
A beautiful update. Words fail to justify the aptness of brining in Maya to finally close the past and pave way for the better future which is written for both Arnav and Khushi. 

The start was beautiful and showed how much the bond has grown and developed between Payal and Khushi. The sister in both of them, has found a solace. I still remember the initial reluctance Khushi faced and how much she has overcome it and how much Payal has helped it. 

And then you surround us in another hazy mesh of romance and love! A kiss that spoke of love, care, promise, lust and the need. Yes the need to be with each other overpowered everything. I am so glad it has worked this way between Arnav and Khushi.

Maya...I still cannot forgive her.. maybe Arnav can. Couldn't she have justified her stand with Ajay? Wouldn't he have understood in the end? I mean he wouldn't leave her without a fight, but in the end he would have left right? He loved her. If she had done it that way, and was still tied done in the marriage, I would have understood. But not now. Definitely not now. I think she in fact deserve what Arnav is bestowing upon her. And yes Arnav didn't deserve what he go all those years back and mainly it was betrayal

I am now eager to see how the course of the conversation runs and where it leads and how Khushi will lend support to him. And I hope there are no disagreements where Maya is concerned between Arnav and Khushi.. 

For more to come,
$t@lker

P.S: Thanks a ton for allowing me to welcome all your readers..it means a lot to me as your reader and dear friend...Thank you minty...
Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago
tanu3579 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
congrats... n waiting... 
KtotheM thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Res

Commented on page 36Edited by KtotheM - 8 years ago
aranya_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update!
Finally the last part of history comes up...
Waiting for Arnav's decision..
Try to update soon plz... :)
Edited by aranya_19 - 8 years ago
barsha_dash thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations on reaching Thread 5! 🥳
Such a beautiful update!
Loved the bonding between Payal and Khushi. Khushi has come a long way, indeed. She has found a friend and sister in Payal. It is good to see that she is her free self with Payal.
And then there was the kiss. 😳 It was full of love, passion and the need to be with each other. I cannot get enough of Arhi. 😃
Finally, we meet Maya. Well, I seriously don't know what to say about her. I cannot forgive her for leaving Arnav. She said that she tried, may be she didn't try harder or rather didn't want to try.
I am too eager to know how this conversation between the mother-son duo is going to proceed.
Waiting for the next update.😊
Edited by barsha_dash - 8 years ago
thiyamappy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the pm and congrats on ur new thread.

Enjoyed reading this update as I always do