Debate Mansion

Neutrality synonym for indecisiveness!!!

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Dear Friends!!

I often wonder why some people don't support,oppose any argument or decision or issue.I really wonder how can people be neutral.Even for small issues people try to be neutral.Are they scared to put their views forward? or just people are indecisive they remail neutral.This is not in specific to any person or anything this is applicable to all(People,nations).

INDIA never reacts to any international issues fairly.They take a neutral stand does this meant INDIA is indecisive !!!!INDIA ditched its friend IRAN earlier!!! For this matter CUBA a small nation is more powerful than INDIA.

With this type of views can INDIA ever become superpower?

Most of the Indians take neutral stand in several day to day issues,they try to avoid the topic if it really requires some assurance from their side.

I just feel like asking these questions.

In general,

Did you dare to put your views before elders,society anytime?

Expression of views freely and being rebellious is same??

Do you feel Neutrality synonym for indecisiveness?

Please feel free to put forward your views.

Cheers,

Mythili

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharmii thumbnail
I do not know about the general Neutralness People have during discussion of topics.
But i have noticed that Governments does often take a nurtral stand in order to be diplomatic and Of course to be on the Safe side.Its definitely not indecciveness.The indian government wont and cannot afford to take stands on Touchy international issues and prefers to remain neutral in order to please both parties.As for the saddam hussian case it can afford to go against the US and it does not want anger Other internantional sentiments.
I feel its all about being diplaomatic in order to maintain good foriegn relations with most countries.
Look at the Bjp Now.They refuse to take stand on the reservation issue cause they play want to play it safe on such a touchy topic by not angering any party.
IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: a4j4ever

I do not know about the general Neutralness People have during discussion of topics.
But i have noticed that Governments does often take a nurtral stand in order to be diplomatic and Of course to be on the Safe side.Its definitely not indecciveness.The indian government wont and cannot afford to take stands on Touchy international issues and prefers to remain neutral in order to please both parties.As for the saddam hussian case it can afford to go against the US and it does not want anger Other internantional sentiments.
I feel its all about being diplaomatic in order to maintain good foriegn relations with most countries.
Look at the Bjp Now.They refuse to take stand on the reservation issue cause they play want to play it safe on such a touchy topic by not angering any party.

I feel diplomacy is different from neutrality!!!!

sowmyaa thumbnail
Yes! Sharing your views is first step to making others believe in your views

no. Expressing is different than Rebel.

No. It could mean indecisiveness or it could mean lot of things depending upon situation.

insouciance thumbnail
I dont usually vacillate,I feel the ones who can never take a stand are the ones who want to please everybody and not be in the bad books of anyone..They can never take any stance ...SOme consider it to be a virtue,I dont....

Politicians are nothing but a band of renegades,so are filmstars 🤢(barring the exceptions)
Pradarshak thumbnail
Sometimes I did try.

No. Don't think so. I guess a rebel just not stick with expressing views, something to do with action.

I think BUFFIE gave a nice answer. Unfortunately I have also found myself sometimes in the same boat(neutral/confused/dipomatic).

Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
bhilwara thumbnail
No, imho.
"Neutral Stand" has become an oxymoron of late. The moment you "decide" to stay neutral, you have taken a side. The English philosopher Edmund Burke once said "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of crisis, remain neutral" severely criticizing the hypocrisy behind it.
I would however relate "indecisiveness" mostly to lack of ability to decide and in some cases to procrastination.

You come up with very fascinating topics 😊 .

I try to voice my opinion most of the time. If the issue is sensitive still if it is going to help a friend or an associate then however upsetting my view is I would certainly put it forward. If in the same situation it is not going to help anyone but simply putting my views (upsetting others) to state my point then most times I refrain to comment. I don't think being neutral is synonym to indecisive all the time.

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhilwara

No, imho.
"Neutral Stand" has become an oxymoron of late. The moment you "decide" to stay neutral, you have taken a side. The English philosopher Edmund Burke once said "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of crisis, remain neutral" severely criticizing the hypocrisy behind it.
I would however relate "indecisiveness" mostly to lack of ability to decide and in some cases to procrastination.

Bhilwara ji!!!! Yet another precise and wonderful answer!!!

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Maya*

You come up with very fascinating topics 😊 .

I try to voice my opinion most of the time. If the issue is sensitive still if it is going to help a friend or an associate then however upsetting my view is I would certainly put it forward. If in the same situation it is not going to help anyone but simply putting my views (upsetting others) to state my point then most times I refrain to comment. I don't think being neutral is synonym to indecisive all the time.

Thankyou for the appreciation and I really like ur views