Posted: 8 years ago
Which is the worst book you've read?

Just wondering :P
3 mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat. It was very difficult to finish. 
Are you afraid of the dark by Sidney Sheldon. It was boring and a little predictable.
Indian - I too had a love story -______-
Over all - The inheritance of loss. 
Allegiant  By Veronica Roth-It totally ruined the whole Divergent series for me.Probably the dumbest book I've ever read.The end made the whole series pointless.I was left with such an empty feeling that it almost made me detest the Dystopian fiction altogether

Alchemist By Paulo Coelho .Another of my least favorites.I found it dull and unnecessarily preachy.I'm not a fan of  Coelho's fable writing style and moreover, the message put forward by the book is morally and logically questionable.Only saving grace was that,it was very short. By the way,I don't mean to offend any Alchemist fans.After all.every book will have it's share of critics.😊

Edited by QuietlyLoud - 8 years ago
Originally posted by QuietlyLoud

Allegiant  By Veronica Roth-It totally ruined the whole Divergent series for me.Probably the dumbest book I've ever read.The end made the whole series pointless.I was left with such an empty feeling that it almost made me detest the Dystopian fiction altogether

Alchemist By Paulo Coelho .Another of my least favorites.I found it dull and unnecessarily preachy.I'm not a fan of  Coelho's fable writing style and moreover, the message put forward by the book is morally and logically questionable.Only saving grace was that,it was very short. By the way,I don't mean to offend any Alchemist fans.After all.every book will have it's share of critics.😊

Agree about Allegiant. Felt SO annoyed with it. A lot of it didn't make sense and the author probably knew it, and threw in that ending for shock value. -_-
And as for alchemist, I haven't read it, but most people I know told me not to because of the reasons you mentioned. πŸ˜†

Umm, I don't like Twilight (the entire series). I don't like Edward, Bella, or Jacob. The one thing I liked about the books was the idea of werewolf vs vampire idea. I was rolling my eyes a lot while reading those books. :/
Another book I didn't like (although I won't say it was the worst I've read), is Around the World in 80 days. I was bored to death. πŸ˜†

Edit - Just went through my Goodreads shelf and realized there were a LOT of books I've rated really low:
House of Night Series - Haven't read the whole series. Just the first 3-4. And I regret it. I don't know why I read those books. πŸ€’ Definitely THE worst I've ever read. 
I've also given low ratings to the Princess Diaries books - again I've read only a few.
Both these series were read when I was around 14 and surrounded by girls who LOVED these. So I guess people of that age group might still enjoy it, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Edited by Nickel8 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Nickel8

Agree about Allegiant. Felt SO annoyed with it. A lot of it didn't make sense and the author probably knew it, and threw in that ending for shock value. -_-
And as for alchemist, I haven't read it, but most people I know told me not to because of the reasons you mentioned. πŸ˜†

Umm, I don't like Twilight (the entire series). I don't like Edward, Bella, or Jacob. The one thing I liked about the books was the idea of werewolf vs vampire idea. I was rolling my eyes a lot while reading those books. :/
Another book I didn't like (although I won't say it was the worst I've read), is Around the World in 80 days. I was bored to death. πŸ˜†

Edit - Just went through my Goodreads shelf and realized there were a LOT of books I've rated really low:
House of Night Series - Haven't read the whole series. Just the first 3-4. And I regret it. I don't know why I read those books. πŸ€’ Definitely THE worst I've ever read. 
I've also given low ratings to the Princess Diaries books - again I've read only a few.
Both these series were read when I was around 14 and surrounded by girls who LOVED these. So I guess people of that age group might still enjoy it, but I wouldn't recommend them.

I too dislike Twilight series.I read Twilight when I was 12-13.It was the first romantic novel I read and at that time,I kind of liked it.Pretty much all the girls in our class were swooning over Edward and Bella.πŸ˜† It was so popular that liking Twilight and talking about it was necessary to fit in with rest of the girlsπŸ€“.And you can imagine how influenceable girls are at that age.πŸ˜†So myself and a few others,who were initially reluctant,too went with the flow.Later on,when I was older and more well-read, I began to see what they're really worth.

I read Around the World in 80 days as a kid.I don't really remember much of the story now,but I think I somewhat enjoyed it then.I haven't read other two you mentioned.

Do you like Chetan Bhagat's works?

Lol all those books which I left half way read. Edited by sparklingeyes11 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by QuietlyLoud

I too dislike Twilight series.I read Twilight when I was 12-13.It was the first romantic novel I read and at that time,I kind of liked it.Pretty much all the girls in our class were swooning over Edward and Bella.πŸ˜† It was so popular that liking Twilight and talking about it was necessary to fit in with rest of the girlsπŸ€“.And you can imagine how influenceable girls are at that age.πŸ˜†So myself and a few others,who were initially reluctant,too went with the flow.Later on,when I was older and more well-read, I began to see what they're really worth.

I read Around the World in 80 days as a kid.I don't really remember much of the story now,but I think I somewhat enjoyed it then.I haven't read other two you mentioned.

Do you like Chetan Bhagat's works?

Haha, same. Twilight was the first romance I ever read. I was 13 and everyone was, like you said, "swooning over Edward". πŸ˜† And yes, speaking out against Twilight was not the cool thing to do. LOL. Fortunately, there were like 3-4 of us who bonded over the "don't understand the hype about Twilight" thing πŸ˜†.  In fact, most of the books I mentioned above, I read because it was so popular. House of Night, Princess Diaries, Twilight - all YA romances. I've had such bad experiences with romance, it's no surprise I'm always cautious about reading romantic novels. πŸ˜† P&P was a surprise for me.

Around the world in 80 days is better than the rest. I liked the start and the end, got really bored in the middle. I know people who LOVE it though.

Haven't read any of Chetan Bhagat's. πŸ˜† People who know my choices say I'll hate it. And I'm anyway wary of reading something that's SO popular among the public these days. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Nickel8

Haha, same. Twilight was the first romance I ever read. I was 13 and everyone was, like you said, "swooning over Edward". πŸ˜† And yes, speaking out against Twilight was not the cool thing to do. LOL. Fortunately, there were like 3-4 of us who bonded over the "don't understand the hype about Twilight" thing πŸ˜†.  In fact, most of the books I mentioned above, I read because it was so popular. House of Night, Princess Diaries, Twilight - all YA romances. I've had such bad experiences with romance, it's no surprise I'm always cautious about reading romantic novels. πŸ˜† P&P was a surprise for me.

Around the world in 80 days is better than the rest. I liked the start and the end, got really bored in the middle. I know people who LOVE it though.

Haven't read any of Chetan Bhagat's. πŸ˜† People who know my choices say I'll hate it. And I'm anyway wary of reading something that's SO popular among the public these days. πŸ˜†

haha you always seem to have the right company!Anyway in our class,even among ardent Twiight fans,the craze was transient.Soon Mr Darcy and others came and swept all the girls off their feet and sparkly vampires were forgottenπŸ˜†

As for Chetan Bhagat's,I have always felt that his works are more apt to be Bollywood screenplays than novelsπŸ€”

wrong post,Sry!Edited by QuietlyLoud - 8 years ago