Posted: 8 years ago

The vibrant colours of springtime had never been so enticing, thought Rukmini. The roses never looked redder, the breeze was never smoother. The clear blue ocean stretched out into the vast horizon holding out bright promises for the future.

She stood upon the veranda of her palatial mansion by the sea. Mayavati and Rukmavati, her daughters-in-law were walking along the shore with Pradyumn, who held his son Anirudhha by this finger. The little boy turned and waved at her. Stretching out his hand he called out in his childish tongue, "Gramma!" The princesses quietly lowered their veils, while she beckoned the child to come near her.

As they came closer, she looked up into the sea.

Rocking baby Anirudhha, Rukmani asked her son, "When would your father be back?"
"Soon enough Maa." he replied, "According to the royal messengers, he should be here by afternoon. But, why do you ask?"
"Pradyumn, it's been a whole year since he left for Indraprastha. Perhaps your wives would know how I feel. Here. Be careful, Maya!" she handed over Anirudhha to her elder daughter-in-law and moved away from them.

She went around the palace directing her maids, and occasionally aiding them in the decoration of the palace."Sulakshana! Wind up the marigold tassel there. Put up the garlands beside the auspicious banana tree near the main gate. Padma, you go and gather some durva for the aarti!" she said.

. ---

He smiled down at her while she performed the aarti. He is tired, she thought as she sprinkled some holy water over his head to ward off the evil spirits that might be lurking around. She silently followed him to their room as they passed the courtyard where he laughed and exchanged news with the soldiers who guarded their private chambers. He cared for them and they loved him back.

As soon as Rukmini closed the gates of their bedroom, Krishna collapsed onto their bed. Rukmini rushed to him, "Hello?! Your shoes! You haven't opened them."

"Let them be, darling!"

"N and o, NO!"

"You're too strict Ruki!"

"You do this every time, right?"

"No I don't!"

"Yes, you do."

"No I don't!"

"Well! When did you not do this last?"

"Umm, last time? No, the time before that. No? Fine, I don't remember."

"Take off your shoes."

"That includes bending down, opening the laces of the right one, taking my feet out of it and then-"

"Oh, stop the rant! I'll do it. As usual."

---

In the dining room, Rukmini was mildly surprised when he ordered everyone to leave the room. When she rose to leave, he pulled her back and said, "I don't feel like eating today." Her palm immediately rose to his forehead to check the temperature, but he caught it midway. "You feed me, I meant." Rukmini narrowed her eyes, glaring at him with a coy smile on her face.

A moment of silence prevailed. 

With a indulging laugh, she fed him as he gazed dreamily at her. "What happened?" she asked.

"Nothing. I'm happy. Back at home."

Edited by Radhikerani - 8 years ago
Ah, finally I completed it.
After four months. Yayy!
awesome os update too good thanks for pm 
Beautiful OS, Choti. ⭐️
The words and feelings were beautiful. ❤️

Thanx For Pm.
Keep Writing.
 Very Sweet OS,Radhe 👏👏
 Words selection is amazing..⭐️
 Thanks for the pm
This is so beautiful Pro . 
Loved the Rukamani and Krishna bond . The way you started the os with her sons and grandsons . And the way you went on with it . Please keep writing more and more . 😳
The title is gorgeous and so is the banner . And you kept Kashi bai as Rukmani 😉
Love 
Sam 
If only there was an emoticon for tears of happiness...
My Krsna is tired 😲 And Rukmini has been waiting for a year! Those stupid Pandavas can go jump off a cliff.

This is just beautiful, language is like a limitation to expressing the mixed emotions I feel. I mean, there is joy that Krsna has returned, sorrow that he is tired, relief that finally Rukmini is tension free, anger at those stupid Pandavas, you have wrecked me. Congratulations.

P.S. When did Krsna gift you Sarasvati Devi?

I still can't get over it. It is like ❤️💔❤️💔❤️
What have you done to me???
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 8 years ago
Curse the Pandavas and their wretched lives sitting and making Krsna run around for them. He may like it, but they don't understand how much he is doing for them.
Let Krsna rest now.
Wonderful concepts and description. Well done my dear friend.