Samjho Na! Part 10 Up on Pg 28! On 11th Feb!

Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the fifth story in the "Dhoom Dhadakka Series", and sequel to "Kya Pyar Karoge Mujhse" and "Shaadi Waala Episode", "Samjho Na"! Hope you enjoy it as much you enjoyed its prequel!

If you have yet to read the first four stories in this series, check out the Index for its link as you won't be able to understand this story without reading that!

I have teased you with this story for a while and now it is time I deliver my promise to you. Watch as Khushi asks for divorce on their wedding night, what will Arnav do? What else will he do but plot and plan as usual! But what would he plan about though? That is something for me to know and for you to wait and read!

But that is not the only thing you will read in this story!

Unlike rest of my stories in this series, this is not a comedy with dash of romance story.

It is quite reverse actually!

This is a romantic story with a slice of comedy!

So go ahead and read, how Arnav and Khushi finally got together in "SAMJHO NA".

WARNING: This is not my usual Arshi narrating to Arushi story as some of the scenes in the story is not something you would tell your kid (blush blush wink wink). Also, unlike my other stories in this series, we will see the story from the narrator's point of view and not from Arnav and Khushi's point of view separately like I did in earlier stories.

Thanks for reading, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

If you like to read my other works, check out:

Entertainment Galore! 

INDEX

Prequel to this story: Dhoom Dhadakka , Jab Se Tere Naina , Kya Pyar Karoge Mujhse , Shaadi Waala Episode 

Prologue Right Below

Part 1. Reception Page 3

Part 2. Seduction 101 by Arnav Singh Raizada Page 5

Part 3. Arnav Relives Memories - I Page 8

Part 4. Arnav Relives Memories - II Page 10

Part 5. Arnav Relives Memories - III Page 13

Part 6. Teri Yaad Humsafar Subah Shaam Page 17 

Part 7. Haan Seekha Maine Jeena Mere Humdum Page 20

Part 8. No More Plans! Pure Romance Page 22

Part 9. Arnav says I Love You Page 25

Part 10. Epilogue Page 28

Edited by Kalpana_KaCy - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalpana_KaCy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

PROLOGUE

Arnav's hands felt sweaty. His heart thudded in his chest wildly. His legs were jittery with nervous energy. Today was his wedding night! But that was not what had Arnav nervous so much. No! It was something else that had Arnav in such a tizzy!

Once Arnav and his new bride arrived at Shantivan, they were welcomed with all kinds of rituals. And now that the rituals and games were over, it was time for Suhaag Raat. Anjali teased him as she took his bride away to his room and now Arnav paced in some other room where his family had sent him to rest while the bride got ready for the night.

But as I said, it was not the wedding night that had Arnav nervous. During the rituals Arnav noticed how Khushi looked kept her head down and it clicked to Arnav. Khushi must be feeling nervous! I mean she does not know that I love her too right? Poor thing! She must be so nervous and scared! That is when Arnav decided that he will confess his feelings the moment he entered his room for their wedding night. Yes! He will definitely do that!

So off Arnav went, making excuse of visiting the bathroom, towards his room sneakily. He entered the room and walked to one of the drawers in his writing desk. As he picked up the small velvet lined box from his drawer he looked around the room and smiled. The room was decorated with flowers and the bed seemed to have heart made of rose petals. But that was not what had Arnav smiling. It was the color of his room which he had gotten colored in shades of Khushi's favorite color. It was the vase on the coffee table that held her favorite flowers. And it was the music system on a nearby table that Arnav was sure Khushi would enjoy. He smiled as he prayed to Khushi's Devi Maiyya that she liked his effort to convert the room from his to theirs.

And we are back to Arnav pacing in the other room. His hands brushed with the box in his pocket. It held a ring, a ring he had bought when he realised that he was in love with Khushi. Yes! Arnav bought the ring so long ago! It must have been few days after Khushi's send off party. Now to the reason behind Arnav's nervousness; he planned to propose Khushi! Yes! You read it right! Forget about proposing a girl before the engagement, Arnav is proposing after the marriage! Lets see how that goes!

Arnav entered the room with trepidation. There she sat on their marital bed, her face hidden by her long ghunghat, her hands clasped in front of her knees, her knees pulled up to her chest, she looked the ideal bride. He sat by her on the bed and grabbed her hand. He heard her breath hitch and he smiled softly. He slowly lifted the ghunghat and there she was with her eyes down and a soft smile on her face. He placed a finger underneath her chin and lifted her face. Her eyes slowly raised and looked into his eyes. His heart skipped a beat at seeing the beauty in front of her. She looked so beautiful! He must have whispered it out loud because she shyly looked down.

Arnav grabbed her hand and stood up from the bed. Khushi looked at him in confusion. With a smile on his face, he walked away, his hand pulling hers. She got up from the bed at his pull with a surprised smile on her face. As she stood up in front of him, he knelt down. Her eyes widened in surprise but the smile remained on her lips.

"Khushi!", Arnav spoke, his voice whispering, but reaching Khushi perfectly. Her smile remained but her eyes were curious now.

"Main tumse kab se pyaar karta hoon yeh main nahi jaanta! Kab tumhein dil de baitha yeh bhi nahi jaanta! Bas yahi jaanta hun ki jab se tumhein dekha hai, tabse tumhaara deewana ho chuka hun! I love you Khushi! Will you be mine forever?", he placed the ring on her finger and looked up at her. Her face seemed to glow while her cheeks turned red. She nodded and he got up.

"Do you love me Khushi?", Arnav whispered and Khushi nodded.

Arnav frowned, "Sirf sir hilaane se kaam nahi chalega! Bolke bataana hoga!"

Khushi looked away shyly.

"Bolo na!", Arnav urged but Khushi shook her head.

"Bolo na!", Arnav urged again.

"Arre! Hum toh kabse bol hi rahe hain! Lekin aap hain ki pata nahi kis duniya mein khoye hue! Chaliye! Darwaaza kholiye! Aapke suhaag raat ke liye Khushi kabse ready hue baithi hai!", came Paayal's voice.

Arnav blinked in shock. Then he looked around noticing that he was back in the other room. Main yahaan kaise? That is when it clicked to him. He was daydreaming! He was daydreaming about his proposal! Arnav chuckled at his own wild imagination when Paayal shouted from outside again, "Jethji! Kar kya rahe hain aap wahaan? Suna tha ki shaadi ke din ladke bade utaavle hote hain apni biwi ke saath akele time spend karne ke liye! Lekin aap ho ki iss kamre se baahar aate hi nahi!"

"Haan haan! Aa raha hoon!", Arnav replied back as he walked towards the door and opened it.

"Aap bhi na ajeeb ho Jethji!", Paayal spoke as she grabbed Arnav's arm and dragged him towards his room, "Ladkiyaan dulhe ka raasta rokti hai suhaag raat ke pehle, aur aap hain ki aapko ghaseetke uss raste pe chodna padta hai! Uff!"

They reached his room and Arnav was pushed into the room by Paayal. He turned and looked at Paayal with shock but Paayal just giggled, "Enjoy! Aur kal subah tak baahar mat aana!" She ran off giggling after shutting the door and Arnav shook his head. He turned back and his heart bloomed as he took in the beauty sitting on their marital bed with rose petals and flowers surrounding her. Her head was bowed down with her eyes cast downwards. She looked the perfect picture and Arnav almost did not want to disturb it. But with a smile he stepped towards the bed. Today was his wedding night and also the night when he confessed his feelings to her. And he refused to let anything to stop him from expressing himself.

Arnav walked to the bed and sat down right beside his new bride. With excitement thrumming through his veins, he opened his mouth to express his feelings. But before he could say a word, his bride raised her eyes and looked at him. Arnav was stupefied. Her eyes, which he had been able to read since the day they met, were unreadable for him today. What had happened? Why there was a wall that kept her emotions away from him? Who could he not read her the way he was able to till now? What is wrong? Why he felt as if there was a big barrier between them? What is happening here?

Before Arnav could question Khushi, she moved off their marital bed and stood in front of it. Arnav frowned as he also got up slowly. His curiosity was peaked. Something was definitely wrong. He stood beside her hoping that she would tell him what was wrong. And then Khushi fulfilled his wish and told him what was exactly wrong but what she said to him made him wish he had lived in ignorance.

"Humein divorce chaahiye!", Khushi whispered but her whisper echoed through the room. Arnav looked at her with horror. What did she say? Before he could ask her to repeat herself, she spoke up, "Haan Arnavji! I want divorce!" Arnav stumbled back a step but Khushi did not notice it. She continued to look ahead lost in her own messy feelings.

"I know Arnavji, aapne kabhi nahi soch hoga ki shaadi ki raat aapki nayi naveli dulhan aapse yeh kahegi!", here Khushi gave a humorless chuckle "Infact, humne bhi nahi socha ki hum aaj raat aapse yeh kahenge!"

Khushi paused for a moment and then continued, "Lekin shaadi ke kuch ghante baad hi humein ehsaas hua Arnavji that we are not right for each other. Hum dono ek duje ke liye theek nahi hai! Aap iss rishte se kuch aur chaahte hain aur hum kuch aur!"  Tears rolled down Khushi's cheeks but she left them unchecked. I wanted love Arnavji, not now then in the nearest future. But you, you did not even want that! Your actions since the morning have proved that you just want a trophy wife, it does not matter who it is! And that is something I cannot accept!

"Aap jo chaahte hain waise zindagi hum nahi jee sakte! Aur hum jaisa chaahte hain woh ho nahi sakta! Toh behtar yahi hoga ki aap aur hum Divorce le lein!", Khushi said.

Arnav sat down on the bed in shock. His bride, the love of his life wanted divorce! What was happening here?

"I wish humein pehle hi yeh baat samajh aa jaati toh shaayad hum yeh shaadi hone hi nahi dete! But I am sorry humaari yeh samajhne tak bahut der ho chuki hai!", Khushi continued to say.

Arnav wanted to stop her; he wanted to tell her that she was wrong. He wanted whatever she wanted. If she wanted that he stopped working and they live like hermits, he was ready to even do that. He was ready to forgo everything as long as she was with him. If she was not with him, then his life is worthless. How will I breathe without you Khushi? How will I survive without you? He wanted to say those things but he could not.

Arnav Singh Raizada's biggest fear was being told no, being rejected and his fear came to fore right now reminding him that if he said his thoughts outloud right now he might be rejected and that fear made sure that he did not express his feelings. At that moment, as the fear gripped him he did what every human being does when they are gripped by fear. Human beings panic and hence, Arnav Singh Raizada panicked too. And when human beings panic, logic gets thrown out of window and people start grasping at the straws and end up doing things that they might end up regretting later.

" Kya? Divorce? Tumne yeh socha bhi kaise? Humaare parivaar ka kya? Tumhaari Amma, Bauji, Buaji, meri Naani, Di in sab ka kya? Iss divorce se unpe kya guzregi tumne kabhi socha hai? Nahi! Hum divorce nahi lenge! Unka dil iss tarah nahi dukha sakte! How can we do that?", Arnav asked aghast as he stood up. He tried to get a look at her face to know what was going on but she was facing away from him. We cannot get divorce because I love you, Arnav wanted to say but his internal fear kept his mouth shut.

Khushi never thought her heart could break more but Arnav proved, even that was possible. The tears flowing down her cheeks stopped as she was left with no emotion. That's it? You did not once try to stop me! Not once did you say that maybe we could give this marriage a try! That's it? You are more worried about what our family thinks! Arnavji! I knew you were indifferent to me but I never thought I meant so less to you.

Khushi took a deep breath, "Humaare parivaar waalon ko hum samjha sakte hain! Bata sakte hain ki hum dono compatible nahi hai! I am sure woh log samajh jaayenge!" Aur agar woh nahi samjhe toh hum unhein samjhaayenge, kyunki yeh jaanne ke baad ki aapki zindagi mein humaari koi bhi keemat nahi hai, humein iss rishte mein ek minute nahi rehna, Khushi thought but did not say it out loud.

As I told you before, human beings in fear, panic and then they take desperate measures. Arnav had already done that but when it did not work, he tried another desperate measure. But when you are just grasping at straws and speaking the first thing that comes to your mind instead of thinking through and making logical decisions, it is obvious that you will say something wrong. Right?

"What about my reputation? Tumne socha log kya kahenge? Arnav Singh Raizada, a business tycoon, ki biwi use shaadi ke agli din chodke chali gayi! People will be disgusted! My reputation will plummet down. Aur phir AR ka kya hoga yeh main soch bhi nahi sakta!", Arnav said as his eyes sparked with anger. No! He had to stop her! And he was ready to stop her with anything and everything.

Khushi felt the knife that Arnav had figuratively stabbed in her chest during the wedding, twist a little more. Reputation! Your reputation is more important to you than me! How could I even hope that one day you will love me? I must have been really blind in love to see the truth!

"Fine!", Khushi spat, her pain coming out in the form of anger, "We won't get divorce tomorrow!"

Arnav heaved a sigh of relief but Khushi was not done yet, "We will get divorce after few months!"

Arnav closed his eyes as his heart broke into pieces. He sat down with a thump and grasped his head in his hands. Khushi continued, "Aur tab tak hum dono apne parivar ko bhi yakeen dila denge that we don't want to be together!"

Khushi turned and finally looked at Arnav. Arnav, who sat with his head down, continued to look downwards hence neither of them could see the tear tracks on their faces. If they had, then things definitely would have been different. But alas, neither of them saw each other's face and Khushi had her final word, "But yaad rakhna Arnavji, I want divorce! I won't accept anything less than that! Good night!"

Khushi turned around and looked at the room. She spotted a couch in the corner and went to sleep in it. Tears trailed down her cheeks again as she finally mourned for her lost love and broken marriage.

Arnav finally looked up and watched as Khushi lied on the sofa with her face facing it and her back against him. So you don't even want to see my face? Arnav wanted to roar but he remained seated. Why Khushi? Why? What happened in last six months that the girl who claimed to love me does not even want to be in same room as me? What happened Khushi? Did you fall out of love with me? Is it that easy to fall out of love? What did I do that in six months your love for me vanished? Because I know you love me! I saw you confess! That was not my imagination! I know you loved me! Then what happened Khushi? What happened?

Arnav lied on the bed as he wiped his face. But tears continued on as his broken heart beat reminding him every second that one girl he loved with his whole heart had broken his heart today.

As tears ran down her face, Khushi wondered when her hope for this marriage died. Did it die when Arnav placed sindoor on her forehead without even looking into her eyes? Or was it when he acted so angry all the while getting married to her? Or did it die ages ago and she was just living in denial? I so wish I realised that this marriage would not work before I got married. Would have saved myself a lot of pain! But she wondered whether this pain of unrequited love ever goes? She already knew that she will never be able to love anyone else the way she loved Arnav. But she wished the divorce would help her ease the pain. May be the pain will ease once she stops seeing him on daily basis and that can happen only if she got the divorce!

O Jaaniya Ve...

O Saathiya Ve...

O Beliya Ve...

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Arnav closed his eyes as the song wafted in from the window. He guessed Aakash was playing music from his music player. As the music played, Arnav wondered why Khushi did not understand his feelings. Why Khushi? Why? Please! Try to understand me!

O Jaaniya Ve

O Saathiya Ve

O Beliya Ve

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

O Jaaniya Ve

O Saathiya Ve

O Beliya Ve

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Arnav sat up and stared at his wife's back. Wife? Only for few hours it seems!

Aalam Betaabiyon Ka Kaise Tumko Bataayein

Dil Ki Pecheeda Raahein Chaahein Tumko Chaahein

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

O... Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Why are you doing this to me Khushi? Why don't you understand me? Arnav sighed.

O Jaaniya Ve

O Saathiya Ve

O Beliya Ve

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

O... Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Arnav wondered what he did that Khushi fell out of love in six months. Is it because he did not confess his feelings? Is it because he did not tell her that he loved her? But he tried confessing so many times. Is it his fault that every time he tried to confess his plans failed? And why did his confessing matter so much? She should know that he loves her! Why else would he say yes to the marriage?

Kai Baar Tumse Kehna Yeh Chaaha

Magar Keh Na Paaye Jaaneja

But then why does Khushi want divorce? He did not even cheat her! He did not even look at any other girl! His mind reminded him of Lavanya but he push that thought away! Lavanya does not count!

Karo Na Karo Tum Humpe Bharosa

Humne Nibhaayi Hai Vafaa

Is this the same girl who sang Kya Pyar Karoge Mujhse few months back? Where did that love go?

Jab Dekhoge Dil Mein Gaur Se

Aayenge Bas Hum Hi Nazar

Dil Lagaaoge Kisi Aur Se

Toh Hoga Woh Pyaar Be-Asar

Arnav closed his eyes. Why Khushi? Why are you breaking my heart? I don't understand you!

O Jaaniya Ve

O Saathiya Ve

O Beliya Ve

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Khushi wiped her tears but they continued to flow. Why Arnavji? Why aren't you understanding me? Why cannot you see that I love you?

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Why Devi Maiyya? Why are you giving me this punishment? What did I do? All I did was love Arnavji! Was it that wrong? His love! That's all I asked. But what did you give me Devi Maiyya? Why? She closed her eyes willing that this nightmare ended right away but when she opened her eyes she was back to where she was. I don't know who to blame for my broken hopes and shattered heart? Arnavji or Devi Maiyya!

Yahi Baat Apni Samajh Mein Na Aayi

Mohabbat Hai Ya Hai Yeh Sazaa

Tumhein Chaahne Ki Sazaa Humne Paayi

Hui Humse Aisi Kya Khataa

Only I know how much I love you! I thought about you day and night! I prayed for your success! How much in pain I have been in since you broke my heart so brutally! But you don't even care for me Arnavji! Why?

Teri Yaadon Mein Katt Jaaye Din

Duaa Mein Saari Raat Guzre

Koi Jaane Na Humpe Jaaneman

Kaise Kaise Haalaat Guzre

O Jaaniya Ve

O Saathiya Ve

O Beliya Ve

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Arnav prayed for some sleep but knew he would not any sleep tonight.

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Khushi prayed fervently that this nightmare ended soon but she knew it was not possible.

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Arnav wished that Khushi would understand his feelings and forget about divorce next day.

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

Khushi wished that Arnav would understand her feelings and leave her alone.

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

That night two broken hearts prayed for some answers but they did not get it. All they wanted was for the other person to understand them but they fail to understand that unless you try to understand someone they will never do the same for you. Lost in their own problems, they never thought to think about others' problem.

Samjho Na

Kuch Toh Samjho Na

So my dear friends, what do you think of this update?

What will Arnav do next? Because Khushi is determined to get divorced!

But before Arnav could do something Naaniji threw another googly!

Which one? Arre! After marriage, reception nahi chaahiye kya?

So do come to reception of Arnav and Khushi Raizada on 31st of December!

Till then leave some reviews for me!

Thank you, take care and have fun,

Kalpana

P.S. The Song is from Himesh Reshamiya's album "Aapka Suroor".

Edited by Kalpana_KaCy - 8 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
as i said before he deserved that..
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
very heart breaking...i felt sad for both...none of them were at real fault, but i felt angry at Arnav for being angry for such a stupid reason and at khushi for taking such a big decision is such a rash manner.
wonder how they will come to know each other's mental state...but if possible i want them to get divorced...so that they can re-marry, cause i didnt like the way khushi was sad during the rituals, and how Arnav's dream of confession was ruined cause of khushi's demand...and ofcourse they missed their 'suhag raat'.
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
Both are just so adorable here.
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update 
So sad, Dil kay armaan ansoon mein behgaye. 
Baicharay Arnav and Khushi. 
Looking forward to read that how Arnav and Khushi become a happy couple. 
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Fantabulous update
Loved it
Well written
Plz continue soon
Thanks for the pm
Dhrenu thumbnail
god!! they are misunderstanding each other.. budhu hai dono hi!! awesome start:)
Alai123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Nice prologue
Maybe Arnav could have told her his love to her.
Let's see how they are going to go further...
Continue soon!
Thanks for the pm 😉
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
ARSHI are idiots.. i am so angry with them.. how can they be so naive about the feelings towards each other and not talk about it.. however ready for this rollercoaster ride again to see these two mad lovers becoming each other's life for a lifetime.. loved the prologue.. best wishes and happy writing Samjho Na 😃

Thanks for pm 😊