Are you an Internet Addict? - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim? its the oppostie for me 4-5 hours in the weekdays  and 3 hours in the weekends since my bros odnt work in the weekends

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"? the parents do ask what i do all the time in my room but they dont ask what i do on the net im in 2md year uni so they assume im doing my work,  well what they dont know cant hur them

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?  hmmm not really im still sociable ive set like set times when i come online to IF or Msn etc so my social life is around that

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net? im a lazy person at heart it dont take much for me to get distracted if i can leave something to the last mintue i will including revision for exms (shock horror but its the truth) but i find my studies are not affected that much though

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school? no not really my studies and grades in uni are fine but only time will tell the rest

i think i can safely say that im in internet addict and a downloader addict as well if only people knew how much i download a day hehe

Are you an Internet Addict?

This is  just like

Asking a terrorist "Are you a terrorist?"

Asking a mad person "Are you mad?"

Asking an alcholic "Are you an alcholic?"

No I'm not an Internet AddictπŸ˜†( Obviously I will answer in this manner becouse I'm an internet addict)

Cheers,

Mythili

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim? I spend around 2-3 hrs on IF..msn and yahoo in total on weekdays...and around 3/4 hours on them on the weekend

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"? I am constantly asked wot i do on the computer all that time...but they know how long i spent on the computer..so i don't lie

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?  Not really..but then in a way i am...i like spending time at home..i'm either on the computer or watching tv...but then i still do go out now and again

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net? Yea😳..i find the computer a big distraction..and so my studying levels have fallen a bit

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school? Not really..no

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim? The computer is on all day, but I am not always there or surfing the net - but if you asked whether I am addicted to IF, the answer would be a resounding YES!πŸ˜†

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"? I am living on campus, so my parents aren't here to ask such questions - so there is no need for me to lie. And even when I am at home, the comp is based in a common area, so they know how long I am on for...but maybe not what I am doingπŸ˜‰

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?  Well, I have certainly made a ot more friends on the net, but I still keep in touch with my friends from school/uni and because I live on campus, there is always the opportunity to mingle with friends and to enjoy a social life. But I am a reserved person as such anyway, so I spend my social life doing the things that I want to do - be that hanging out with a small group of friends or chatting to my new friends online.

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net? Well, I have a low boredom threshold anyway, and find it very easy to be distracted, even if there is nothing to be distracted by! I get distracted by my own thoughts, so the net is hardly at faultπŸ˜†

Originally posted by DesiChocolate

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim?

- A lotta tym, around 6 hours a day!

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"?

- Nope, I dun lie + they dont ask πŸ˜ƒ

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?

- Nope, not really - Kinda πŸ˜›

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net?

- Na, I study just as much as I did b4, except with less concentration, I guess 😳

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school?

- Kinda, not that much though   πŸ˜³

Nice Topic πŸ˜ƒ

Hey guys,

Siiting on the net for a couple of hours is fine. But how do you know if you have become an addict? The internet is not just India-Forums and Yahoo!. Theres myspace, xanga, aim, yahoo.. Without even knowing you can give somone where they can find you. So how do YOU know if your an Internet Addict?

1. Lying about how much time is spent online.
Nope.My computer is in the living room in front of my whole family.πŸ˜†
2. General decrease of physical activity and social life.
I am  of the little lazy.So after college or classes i usually like staying at home and chilling.Mumbai isnt such a place where you feel like taking fresh.Its all polluted and wheezing problem has just got worse.πŸ˜†Of course the movies dinner outings and shopping i do i make only at Ac malls.πŸ˜†
3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online.
No my loggin time varies according to the work i have.During holidays its for hours and during exams hardly and time but id o make it a point to log in.
4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities.
Now this one i dont do.IF is just enough for me.😳
5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer.
Yeah that is when im listening to a crappy lecture on undervelopment and its causes in my eco class.πŸ˜†I keep dream  about my fav hero.πŸ˜†
usually when i am to a place on a long holiday with no comp in sight i feel a longing but if im enjoying myself then theres no problem.(though personally sometimes i wish i had a laptop..πŸ˜›)
6. Going online to escape real world problems.
Ultimately i have to face my probs but i do come on the net to relax and feel relaxed.😳
7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day.
Dont want to think about it.Ler me searc for some good points.πŸ˜†
8. Denial of the problem.
Think so πŸ˜†i actually im relatively addicted.according to some people i am and acording tpo others i might be that much.I dont waste my time chatting on msn.its only if and i have learnt a lot here though my parants wont believe that.πŸ˜†And yeah personally i think i am not but maybe this is what people call self denial πŸ˜†

-----

1)

Hey guys,

1) How much of your time do you spend on the net axprmently. Of I-F? On yahoo/msn/aim?
appx 7 hrs ....... lol !! and i hab one window open for IF , and online on yahoo ....... 😊

2) Do you lie to your family members when they ask" How many hours were you on the computer for"?
nope they know the fact that am hopeless ..... so they stopped  to ask πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

3) Are becoming less social, and more chatty with people through net?
no not at all ...... even now ppl ask me to shut my mouth online and offline ,,,,,,, no bhed bhaav in torturing ppl 😳

4) Do you not study as  hard, as you used to before you started going on net?
i do study the same way ...... but now i am online and then study putting a status that am studyin so don disturb πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

5) Has the internet interffered with your grades/school?
never ...... πŸ˜ƒ

Posted: 15 years ago
nice topic  πŸ˜† but now its got me a bit worried πŸ€”
wonderful topic, i was thinking of opening something similar to this lol..well just been skimming through the pages, will give my answers later. soon.

The time spent on the computer depends, i usually come on for bursts of moments like 45 mins span for about 2-3 times a day lol. One thing though, i have to check my emails, discussions before doing anything in the morning..its like a bad habit really, im dressing eating breakfast and checking this at the same time lol hahah

Xoxo
Edited by Rage-Of-Angels - 15 years ago
I cant tell I am an interenet addict..due to which i have dark circles n have spolit mah eyes too..

But the things is i have a good social life...i dont lie 2 mah parentes about the no. of online hours and mah grades are pretty good..