Music of the Week: Umrao Jaan!!!!

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

muo.gif

Umrao Jaan!!!

Hamari mehfil mein agayi hai.........Salaam karne ki arzoo hai.......

Album / Movie: Umrao Jaan 2006
Singer: Various
Starring: Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, Shabana Azmi, Sunil Shetty, Arshad Warsi
Director: J P Dutta
Producer: J P Dutta
Label: T-Series
Lyricist: Javed Akhtar
Music: Anu Malik

Track Listing:

01 Ek Toote Huye Dil Ki - Alka Yagnik
02 A Foreword - Javed Akhtar
03 Salaam - Alka Yagnik
04 Pehle Pehel - Alka Yagnik
05 Behka Diya Hamein - Alka Yagnik & Sonu Nigam
06 Jhute Ilzaam - Alka Yagnik
07 Main Na Mil Sakun Jo Tumse - Alka Yagnik
08 Pooch Rahe Hain - Alka Yagnik
09 Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya - Richa Sharma
10 Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya - Anmol Malik

icon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gif

Discussion Questions:

Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks? What do you think of the music? What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? Do you like Anu Malik as a composer?
  1. Any other comments?

Enjoy!

Regards,

MC Dev Team

Edited by Jem4Himesh - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaseeka thumbnail

Discussion Questions:

Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? Yes all!!! They are great!! Just a little bit short. Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?Yes I have heard Ik tute hue dil ki,Agle Janam,Behka diya hume and Jhute Ilzaam!! What do you think of the music? The music is great!! love all Songs!! What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? She is a great singer.Love her voice. Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? Not really.There are many other tracks of Anu malik which are better.But Umrao jaan was one of his best compositions.👏 Do you like Anu Malik as a composer?Yes of cource. His makes wonderfull music.  
  1. Any other comments?Just can't wait to watch the Movie!!!! Abishek looks so hot!!!😳
Celina7 thumbnail
Discussion Questions:
    Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones?  all of em.. nice.. ash lookz gorjuz😃 Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?  yes, salaam, pehel, jhute, behka diya hamein. What do you think of the music?  good.. like da old one better new one doeznt correlate dat closely wit da setting. my opinion. What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer?  great! Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks?  i guezz im not sure. Do you like Anu Malik as a composer?  hez ok sumtimez wheneva he makez his own muzik.
  1. Any other comments?  no thanx😳 4 all da ?z jem di😳
komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jem4Himesh

muo.gif

Umrao Jaan!!!

icon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gificon_Musical-Notes_4blk-tiny.gif

Discussion Questions:

Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? 

Yes,I hav seen Salammmm salammm,pehel pehel,behka dia humain,agle janam mohe bityaa..

Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?

Yes I hav heard all the tracks..They are all really good n melodious....My most fav. ones are salam salam,behka dia humain n pehel pehel..

What do you think of the music?

Itz superb....simply melodious...It really suits the title of the film...

What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer?

Shez is an excellent singer...Her voice is suiting on ASH alot...

Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks?

Yes,itz better than her previous tracks... 

Do you like Anu Malik as a composer?

Yes hez a good composer...Hez alwayz got sum new variety.. 

Any other comments?

I m jst luving evrything of the movie...The cast the muzik,the costumes evrything is jst perfect...

👏

Edited by komalash - 17 years ago
Reema_J thumbnail

Track Listing: 

Salaam - Alka Yagnik 
Behka Diya Hamein - Alka Yagnik & Sonu Nigam 
Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya - Richa Sharma

Discussion Questions:

Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones?

Yes! The promos for the songs listed above!

Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?

The ones listed above!

What do you think of the music?

So far, I love it!  The songs I've heard are just beautifully composed and written!

What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer?

She's amazing! She's definitely one of "the best" female singers in B'wood!  She has a beautiful voice and is definitely one of my favorites!

Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks?

I can't say that since I have not heard the complete soundtrack yet!  Anu Malik is sure on a "great" music roll these days though! Hehe!

Do you like Anu Malik as a composer?

Yes!

Any other comments?

Thanks for posting Jas! I want to see this movie, though I've heard that it doesn't live upto one's expectations!  Aish looks gorgeous and I'm sure her and Abhi will be fantastic in the movie, even if the movie itself isn't as good as expected!  I'm also looking forward to seeing all her costumes and jewelry in the movie! 😃

bigmouth thumbnail
  1. Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? Yes, I've seen the ones with Salaam and Behka Diya Hume😊
  2. Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?Yes, I've heard all the songs😛
  3. What do you think of the music? The music is simply beautiful. Great for listening to and even more fun to watch😉.
  4. What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? Alka Yagnik seems to me like the next Lata Mangeshkar. Her voice represents Aishwariya's perfectly. Hope she prospers always.😃
  5. Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? Yes it is, but some of his soundtracks aren't meant to be compared. They're priceless😉.
  6. Do you like Anu Malik as a composer? Yes I do.😛
  7. Any other comments? Am looking forward to watching this movie. I like the sets and the theme of Umrao Jaan, it's very pretty and is something different for a change😉. Also, the songs "Pehne Pehel" and "Bekha Diya Humein" and "Salaam" are going to take these people places😉. All three are suPERB compositions👏😊.
bRoWn_BeAuTy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
    Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? yesh i saw the salaam one its awesome
    Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?hmmm i think i herd the salam karne ki arzoo, hmmi  dun remember the other one but i  know that i herd two songs 😆 What do you think of the music? its greeeeeeeattttttttttt i just lub it What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? shes a great singer i personally lub her voice😛 Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? welll i think its gud but he has some better songs Do you like Anu Malik as a composer? yup😛
  1. Any other comments? welll just cant wait to watch the movie
Edited by cutie_raju - 17 years ago
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
    Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? Yes, Behka Diya Humein Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks?Only Behka Diya Humein until now... What do you think of the music? Even though I've only heard one song, I'm sure the others are as great😛 What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? She's a great singer! She has made her way high and will definitely make it higher one day! 😛 Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? Umm, can't say anything since I haven't heard all songs😊 Do you like Anu Malik as a composer? Yep!😛
  1. Any other comments? Can't wait to watch this movie!!
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Discussion Questions:
    Have you seen the promos? If yes, which ones? Yes, I have seen the promos: Behka Diya Hame and Salaam Have you heard the music? If yes, which tracks? Just two tracks: Salaam and Behka Diya Hame What do you think of the music? It's good so far. I must commend Alka and Anu for a great music and songs. What do you think of Alka Yagnik as a singer? She is a wonderful singer. Very melodious and sweet. Do you think the music is better than other Anu Malik Soundtracks? Yes, I think so. I think this is a first time that he is composing music for a period film. Do you like Anu Malik as a composer? Yes, but not as much as AR Rehman.
  1. Any other comments? No Jem. 😛
Jem4Himesh thumbnail
New Music of the Week is up! closing topic