Pakistani Serials

Discussion of the Week - June 18-June25

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

While watching many new shows on our new international level channels, Geo and ARY, somthing which I noticed that Many things are shown which are not of our Pakistani Culture.

For example: if some one dies, everyone is shown in pure white dresses. this is somthing we don't practice in real world.(there is nothing wrong in it, but this is not what our teachings teach us)
another example can be the dress code of the the artists. Many actresses wear sleeve less shirts. tight jeans. no duppata and the lists goes on.
somthing else I notcied is the hugging scences between the lead pair.
and a lot of use less rasams. on shaadi, birth, death or any occasion.

these are a few things which were called "sharam aur haya" which are not found in our dramas now a days. In just a pasage of 5-6 years how come our media has changed that much?

what do you think:
Is it the right thing to do?
Are our channels reflecting what we are or are they just trying to "fit in"
If they are trying to fit in, do you think they will successed in it. or will it be another "Kawa chala hans ki Chaal apni Chaal bhi bhol giya"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

y eaive noticed dat alot as well n itz defin8ly not gud n dey shudnt try 2 "Fit in" so much dat dey 4gat abt der own culture n religion etc...itz sad 2 c how hard paki celebz try 2 b lyke da indianz dat dey 4get hu dey r ............b proud 2 b paki n even more b proud 2 b Muslim..........these pplz r a disgrace 4 all

Ms. Bholi Bhali thumbnail

I agree with you Paki Shehzadi.

Another thing which I forgot to add is. showing of the naach gana's. For example Phool Wali Gali is all based on them. plus drinking and smoking is becoming a normal routine.

all these things are happening in very much back ground, then why advertise them and help ppl grow interest in things which are strictly forbidden in Islam. or our Culture.

canadian01 thumbnail
hi.

i also agree with u guys.i m totally shocked 2 c tht these r pakistani dramas [:x] .i watched so many dramas n i think tht thy just cross thr limits specially whn thy show tht some people r drinking or some girls r smoking it's really bad i feel so embarsed.thy show tht girls r wearing pant n no dupata i went 2 pak but i was wearing salwar kameez even though i went 4m canada thy shouldn't show these kinds of things which r not in our culture v don't smoke specailly girls don't.i think tht's enough.

bye i m sorry if i said anything wrong .
Eman
sadaf18 thumbnail

guys u are rite...

the only reason i wanted to watch pakistani dramas and the only reason i liked them was because they were so close to reality and the pakistani culture. they were dramas that i could watch with my family and learn something from them...

if the industry is adding such provocative material just to "fit in", then i might as well turn on the american channel and wacth one of their soaps.

i am very disappointed...

beauty_angel thumbnail

yah its true sadaf18 i agree.

aqsa--------

hhhhh.

saarahkhann thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yesterday i got a chance to go to this Dars n the lady told us that the punishment of wearing reveling clothes is sooooooo bad..she told us exactly wats gonna happen to women who used to wear reaveling clothes n had no sharam-o-haya..n i was soooo scared when she was telling us the punishment its really severe..as for the things shown in Pakistani drama..we r so much into Indian culture (no offense if there is any Indian here)that we copy everything they do...n not even in Movies n Dramaz i m talking abt real life too..i mean there r so many pakistanis in US who do Baby Shower (goud bharai)..its not our culture n then we do Mehndi on such a lavish level..dances on indian songs n all..its totally worng..

saarahkhann thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms. Bholi Bhali

I agree with you Paki Shehzadi.

Another thing which I forgot to add is. showing of the naach gana's. For example Phool Wali Gali is all based on them. plus drinking and smoking is becoming a normal routine.

all these things are happening in very much back ground, then why advertise them and help ppl grow interest in things which are strictly forbidden in Islam. or our Culture.

well its jst the way to promote more n more non muslims stuff i heard some where that all these private channels r operated by non muslims so they try to promote things that r not Halal in our Islam....

saarahkhann thumbnail
Originally posted by: sadaf18

guys u are rite...

the only reason i wanted to watch pakistani dramas and the only reason i liked them was because they were so close to reality and the pakistani culture. they were dramas that i could watch with my family and learn something from them...

if the industry is adding such provocative material just to "fit in", then i might as well turn on the american channel and wacth one of their soaps.

i am very disappointed...

thats exactly the reason i dont watch Pakistani dramaz...some ppl tell me that ohh u r such a bad Pakistani u dont watch Pakistani Dramaz n i tell them that the day Pakistani directors will start making dramaz like Tanhaian, Ankahi, Taleem -e- Balghan, Aanch etc i m gonna start watching Pakistani Dramaz again...until then i wont 'coz there is no difference if i watch any Indian Soap Opera or Pakistani or Amercian...our culture is not wat they show in present dramaz..when i tell ppl here in US that Pakistani culture is all abt Sharam-o-Haya, girls dont date guys b4 marriage, they r not allowed to kiss etc. they dont believe it..they tell me wat r u talking abt one of my class fellow know this Pakistani girl who goes to parties, drinks, dates guys from other religion n does everything which is Haram in Islam.. its soo disgusting..n wats the reason to all this??? Things that our media promotes thorugh our dramaz n movies..its DISGUSTING

Edited by kewlsarah - 18 years ago
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

yea sarah i gotta agree wit u wit all dat uve said

watchin these showz is soooo sad...........n u noe wat da ppl n pakistan take dis az norm an i feel az if i am a better muslim bcuz i waz born n raised in a nonmuslim country. da real question 2 me iznt jus da industry or media which iz provokin it but also da ppl dey think "5 waqt nammaz per liya our hum sache musalman ban gaye"

my question iz..iz pakistan really da ISLAMIC republic of pakistan. de ppl fought 4 a seper8 country cuz dey cudnt practice der religion in a hindu domin8ed country dey got da islamic country but dey still follow all these hindu traditionz n lollywood iz lukin 2wardz bollywood 4 inspiration n bcuz of diz competition or wateva it iz pakistan iz creatin more actresses and modelz lyke bipasa basu or malika sharawetšŸ¤¢