Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From 'positive India' to Intolerant india

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
Under attack for his remark on the issue of growing intolerance in the country, actor Aamir Khan, in an interview has said that he see's a lot of positivity in the country. In the same interview to a TV news channel on November 11, Aamir has also appreciated PM Modi. 
have a lot of hope and I feel as Indians we are open to change. We are to ideas. There is a lot of positivity now. So, I have a lot of hope as well," said Aamir

"Mr Modi has come into power with a power of inclusion and that is we all look to him. He (Modi) should be given a fare chance. I sincerely feel that he should be given a chance. Anyone doing good for society should be welcomed and we should appreciate it," added Aamir. 

Whereas, in his latest statement Aamir Khan presented a completely different perspective of the country. During a award ceremony organised by a leading English daily on November 23, Khan said fearing safety of his children, his wife once wanted to leave India.

"I also see there is a sense of insecurity...there is a sense of fear. I think in the last 6 or 8 months there has been a growing sense of despondency I would say," said Aamir

"When I sit at home and talk to Kiran ... Kiran and I have lived all our lives in India. For the first time Kiran says should we move out of India. It's a disastrous and a very big statement for Kiran to make to me. She fears for her child...she feels scared to open the newspaper everyday. That indicate there is a growing sense of disquiet," added Aamir.

Aamir Khan's latest statement has snowballed into a massive controversy drawing sharp criticism for the actor.