Rangrasiya

Has sanaya been biased toward khushi excessively?

Posted: 8 years ago
So she has repeatedly said how much she loves/loved khushi..it was her favourite character...the best character on Indian tv...she said it now too during the promotions of IPKKND-EJ...and okay an actor always has a favourite character they played but that shouldn't come in the way of an actor's performance, right?
But I think in sanaya's case it did...she wasn't as good as paro as she was as khushi..khushi she actually lived...okay as paro she nailed some scenes too but after the initial episodes her performance was mostly a disappointment.

I remember making a thread criticizing her performance as paro and many people..even some of her admirers from ipkknd days agreed with me.

I read a comment by a member once that sanaya didn't feel as much for paro as she did for khushi..who thinks that's true?

IMO she definitely did not feel as consistently for paro as she did for khushi😆
Edited by LOLitaPawar - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

balav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi friend, don't get prejudiced. She did give a full justice to her character as paro in rangrasiya. If you have watched IPKKNd, you would have easily found that how amazingly she did the two contrast charaters as khusi and paro. I think despite knowing this fact, you made this topic, saddening.
Suni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nope, I think she has played all the characters till now with utmost sincerity be it a Khushi, Chanchan or Paro. Yes, she probably liked Kushi's character the most but she is so professional that I doubt she would allow things like that to effect her performance.

I don't think actors only work well if they like their character - that's not a requirement. Their job is to portray the character to the best of their ability and Sanaya for sure does that in all her roles. 

Paro is a role I think she worked very hard on and succeeded phenomenally. The character is so different that what she is in real life but not once when I watch RR did I feel that it was Sanaya on the screen, I was only watching Paro- she was that good. She never missed a beat during the show - were we watching the same show? 
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Oh, LP!! Maybe you missed the fact that after the intitial episodes Paro wasn't given much to do!! If they stayed true the story, maybe we would've gotten a separation track or something!! 😒But Sanaya still played Paro to the T!! And about liking Khushi's character!! I think it's more about feeling liberated portraying Khushi cause Khushi can do anything and get away with!!😉 But it doesn't mean she wasn't professional portraying other characters or have a soft spot for them!! 

Shreya
showviewer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
No, I have no doubt about Sanaya's professionalism and work ethic. I remember how excited she was to get the role of Paro and a show like RR. She knew it would be challenging for an urban girl like her but she relished it and put in her all. She worked on her body language, had language tutor on sets, even the writer of the show said Sanaya was working tremendously hard, hence Paro is receiving appreciation.  You must have missed her interviews I think, where she repeatedly said she loves all her shows and characters she played whether they were successful or not. I think she did a fab job as Paro and won much appreciation from media, critiques and viewers. 
Of course you may not have liked her performance as much which is fine, everyone does not have to like everything an actor does,  but that does not take away from the artist's talent or hard work. Sanaya always maintained how much she loves the work she does. Yes, she loved playing Khushi, saying that does not mean she can never be as committed to any other role.  
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry I beg to differ..Sanaya has portrayed every character to her best because she never commit unless she is 100% sure of her character..You might feel Khushi is best but I loved Paro more coz that was way out of Sanaya's real character. infact Khushi is very easy to pull out as it had no restrictions whatsoever.. Paro had many intrinsic layers which is very very hard to pull especially after playing a character like Khushi and Chanchan but she came out with flying colors coz Paro is by far the best she played IMO. 

The character degradation in the later stages is not coz of Sanaya's incapability to play it but because of the makers who changed storyline every week and Paro's POV was compromised in very early stages of RR yet she still managed to captivate the audiences as PARO solely by her performance.. 
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
A good actor always love the challenge of playing different roles and that is what Sanaya wanted and has done!! I know she is proud of actually being able to play different roles regardless if  her shows work out or not!! People can say whatever they want, I'm glad she didn't have to stick to one show for too long!! And she is the only natural actress who plays her roles so convincingly!!

Shreya
Edited by spate22 - 8 years ago
nitrit95 thumbnail
sanaya gotattached to her khushi role bec she had enough time to get into the character but after the initial episodes of rr paros character changed overnite within a gew episodes she was  in love with rudra all the logic disapeared from rr n paro i admit even khushi was butchered too but towards the end initialy kushi was shown as fiesty darti hai par karti hai but paros role never developed st uncle wasted alot of talent by changing the script of rr overnite that is if he had a scriptso dont blame sanaya
squivi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Quite the contrary, she has given her all to all of her characters. She has made that clear in her interviews, if you watch them.
Even if she is biased, so what if Khushi is her favorite? She loves her as much as we do, and frankly it gave her and the rest of the cast super stardom in TV. Who wouldn't love that? Plus her being biased has no relation to playing Paro or any other character because IPK is over. They are two separate characters in two separate shows during two different times. 
Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Some week ago SRK-Kajol were celebrating DDLJ 20yrs. In every interview (who was related to DDLJ) they were talking abt DDLJ,Raj n Simran. Is it enough to said that they are only concern n love DDLJ n Raj-Simran ?? Of course not because,we know SRK n Kajol Outstanding acting ability n their so many remarkable work after DDLJ.

Same rule is applying in Sanaya-Barun n IPKKND case. If,she is continuously saying abt Khushi n IPKKND in IPKKND related stuffs then,what is wrong? or,where she degrade her other characters?? Its very obvious that,she can't say anything abt Gunjan,Chhanchhan or Paro if,Interview or other related stuffs are related of IPKKND.

She always admit that,Khushi was her favorite character because,as an artist she was free there to show her all acting talent.Its fact that Khushi character graph was so vibrant. Whatever,I personally not satisfied wid Khushi character growth in that show even,IPKKND Director himself admit that,Khushi is memorable only because of Sanaya 100% contribution in every scene, warna Khushi ke liye koi spl scene nahin tha.

Gunjan n Paro were single shade characters,who came wid so many limitations n instructions. I personally feel that, Gunjan n Paro was more toughest characters compare to Sameera, Khushi or Chhanchhan. Gunjan or Paro were totally opposite from real Sanaya n this is the real challenge for any talented artist.

I don't think people can criticize Sanaya as Paro because,she was perfect in her every scene.We can't blame her performance if,Makers didn't pay so many attention on Paro characterization after a certain point. As Myrah,she was excellent too but,that time I read few comments where peoples were saying that,Myrah is just a Modernized version of Khushi n Sanaya is repeating herself. But,It was not her fault if,Myrah characterization n approach was similar to Khushi. She was just performing on Writers sketches. Plus,we should be remember that,She signed Rangrasiya to play Paro not Myrah.Myrah was accidental but,as a professional artist she gave her 100% to this character too.

Sanaya loved Paro too. She shared her take in Paro/RR in her last day shoot seg.

Edited by Joseph_A - 8 years ago