Debate Mansion

Women:Mom/wife/daughter v/s proffesional. - Page 2

pure_choclate thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Snape

this is true for every culture. example : we use 'hillary clinton' not 'hillary rodham clinton'
women are usually identified by their father/husband/son ( in various stages of their lives) as they become their 'protector' . But even if a women isnt working, she has the right to maintain her own identity. Just because some women are dependant in their lives, other people try to claim on their name . But being a working person doesnt mean one is not a good parent. If that were true, most guys in the world would lose the right of calling themselves 'good parent.' Fathers work to earn money for their family true, but it's the women( if housewife) who spends it to take care of the child. If the women is working, then she too earns money which she can plan to spend for her children

i agree i say the same though

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

keshp15 thumbnail

Hey guys, how are you all,😊

Hey Mithili,

Very nice poem.πŸ˜ƒ

Seeing women as someone who ALWAYS live for others and Never for Themselves enrages me to the core.

It is horrible as to how women through eons have been treated by the societies they live in and most importantly how they are treated by their own Families!

A person has no one to turn to other that their family members, but those whom we turn to are themselves giving their support to someone else, what are you supposed to do.πŸ˜•πŸ€’

Before living up to the society, it is inportant to live up to yourself and that cannot be accomplished unless you earn signity and self-respect for yourself. There is nothing wrong with forming pillars for yourself with your own effort and the new generation's women are putting their carrer as a foremost priority.πŸ‘

Let me know what you guys think,😊

Love KP😊

jasmine_anih thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Debo_13

A woman when she is small are dominated by her parents,later by her husband and henceforth by her sons,she always gets the identity of "she is the Mrs.of mr. so-and-so" or "Mr.so and so's daughter/mother"but rarely do we see  tht a woman has her own identity.even today when the world is said to be so advanced,majority of the population although enjoy watching independent free casual gals outside in the road,but its is only the reserved,"sushil" woman who stay in the house considered the adarsh nari.Husband's feel insecure when their wife is sucessful,parents r angry when they see their daughter talkin to a guy,or even it makes the children angry,when they dont find their mothers always behind them.A woman who is financialy independant,has a firm stand on the ground,and not dependant on neone else.People say tht if a woman works,she is not a gud parent or mother,but is her life only bouned by relations and not her own life??

As teenager, I would have agreed with you statements.  As a married woman with a child, I beg to differ. I would say life can be different but the responsibilty lies with us as women to define our roles.  

Before I had my daughter, I worked in Risk Management and made more money than my husband.  I do not think my Husband is less intelligent than I nor does he get threatened by my earning potential.  A year after my daughter was born I choose to stay at home with her.  I could have hired  a nanny and continued to work but I was not satisfied with the way another person was raising my child.

I have been a housewife for 3 years.  I still make every descision when it comes to finance (purchasing a home, car, retirement planning)in my household  my husband and I may discuss issues.  But  ususally the actuall descision comes down to my yes or no. But I am lucky because my husband considers my intelligence a sign of our strength as a couple. He once said to me since I know you take care of all the finance matters I can concentrate on income. He thinks of us as a power couple.

I think we as mothers, sisters, and daughters need to encourage the idea that smart woman in is not liablity but is a strength. If we stop buying the image of a traditional homemaker as an ideal woman than it will stop selling. If we tell our brothers and son to marry women who can add good family values and  but also miake sound financial desicisions life will be easier for them also. It takes time but it is possible.

In fact, I married into a well off traditional joint family and both my sasur and chacha sasur will ask for my advice on the stock market and they always try to encourage me to go to work or study.  Both of their wives are very homely. And no my mother in law does not give me a hard time. She is very understanding. Just my two cents.

nishi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
a women can be a wife / daughter /mother and a thorough professional at the same time !!! only thing she shouldnt mess/mix up her professional and personal lives !!!!! its all how she handles the situation !! but at the same time it also depends on the environment she is in ... i.e if ppl arnd her as in her parents / siblings / husband are supportive , then she can reach great heights !!!! but we hardly see such cases but its not that we don see them at all !!!!!
and its utter crap to say working women don make good parents !!! many instances can be shown when the mother is the sole bread earner of the family and she is a good parent too ...... and to say that a woman shouldnt be given freedom wasnt ever told by a woman ....... these rules are made by men and are changed by men for their own benifits , so why shud a woman suffer ??? she should live by rules which are set up by her and not someone else .....
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
actually i have not read complete topic but hope my views are related to topic.. πŸ˜ƒ

If a woman is working people might say she is not a good mother...in the same way if she is a house wife then also there are few who will tell she is not a good daughter in law πŸ˜› ..so for every thing it depends how we see and react.

"for every advantage there is a disadvantage."

now a days people are not so interested in seeing where there life is going but will keep a track abt others life..

I feel that if a woman gets a feeling that what ever she is doing is wrong she will correct it..this nature is not in every one. and i feel this is the strongers quality which woman has.

Cheers,
Ahmed
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: guess_gallery

actually i have not read complete topic but hope my views are related to topic.. πŸ˜ƒ

If a woman is working people might say she is not a good mother...in the same way if she is a house wife then also there are few who will tell she is not a good daughter in law πŸ˜› ..so for every thing it depends how we see and react.

"for every advantage there is a disadvantage."

now a days people are not so interested in seeing where there life is going but will keep a track abt others life..

I feel that if a woman gets a feeling that what ever she is doing is wrong she will correct it..this nature is not in every one. and i feel this is the strongers quality which woman has.

Cheers,
Ahmed

wellsaidπŸ‘

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: egghatcher

behind every successful man lies a woman who tells him what and how he should do it...........and he does the very opposite.. πŸ˜‰ 😊 😊

The person who does the opposite is refer as husband😊