Posted: 18 November 2015 at 5:00am | IP Logged

" I wish, I wish, There were a soul

To understand my miseries untold. 

A hand which would hold

My hand when I am not too bold.

With So many around, 

I feel so alone...

Why did you leave me so soon???..."

Sandra plonked on the plush couch heavily, tired after a long day at work. Phew, what a day! "Sandy, you promised to play basketball with me today...", squealed Jacob, her younger brother, running into her room with a basketball in his hand. Though her limbs were aching, looking at his enthusiastic face, she couldn't deny her loving brother's request. "I'm coming, Jake.", she replied, ruffling his hair lovingly. "Love you Sandy!!! You are the best and the strongest in the world.", Jake hugged her. Though he was only 13, he was the one who knew Sandy too well. They were inseparable and anything had to pass through Sandy to reach Jake and vice-versa. 

Sandra drove to the nearby basketball court, with an excited Jake. Of course, who would not be excited to play with a sweet sister like Sandra who was an exceptional player, yet ,would allow him to win every single match. They played for a while, 2 hours to be precise, with Jake winning all the 3 matches. Coming back home, she was welcomed by her angry mother. "So finally, the princess has arrived home. Now, Miss.Princess, do you mind telling me what you were doing all this time?", an angry Kate asked her daughter. 

"Mom, we went to play basketball at the nearby court. " answered Jake. 

"Oh, so, you have become her mouthpiece now, isn't it?", Kate chided her son playfully.

"Does that mean we are forgiven, Mom?" quipped Sandra. 

Kate laughed at her daughter an son and hugged them both. Who in the whole world had children like hers? Sandra, the ever obedient and helpful daughter, and Jake the most protective and loving son. How could she ever be angry with her two precious angels in disguise? 

Dinner, that night, was fine, with Jake and Sandra sharing the day's happenings and events with their mom. After dinner, Sandra offered to clear the table and wash the dishes, while Kate helped Jake with his daily lessons. After finishing the chores, Sandy retired to her room. 

Her room... Her room was the only place where she could drop the mask of smiling face and cry till her heart's pain lessened. Pain... Did it even lessen? The answer was no... Three years... 

Three long years since he died. 

Three long years since she had become a silent girl to the outer world. 

Three long years since she started pretending... 

Jake was 6 years old then. Every morning, Sandra used to drop Jake at his school and then attend her college. She was an exceptional student, a lovely dancer, and an excellent basketball player. Her father, John had died of an accident when Jake was one year old. her mother, Kate had started a small cafeteria to support the family. This cafeteria was the place where she Sandra met him first. Galvin was a regular customer who had volunteered to help them every evening, and the reason was that he loved spending time with Sandra, Kate and Jake.

Galvin was a rich, young and handsome lad. Though money was in abundance, he had none to share it with. His family had passed away in an accident. And so, he bonded easily with all the three. For Kate, Galvin was a son she never had, to Jake, he was a father figure, and to Sandra, he was her very best friend, her protector, her confidant, and almost everything. Galvin loved Sandra unconditionally, and Sandra loved him UNCONSCIOUSLY. Yes, unconsciously... She felt safe with him, felt possessive over him, was worried for him, felt different whenever she was around him, yet, she could not identify the special feeling as "LOVE". When he expressed his love for her once, she simply declined, saying, "You are my best friend Galvin... " and Galvin, being the gentleman, never pestered her or insisted her. Kate, being the more observant mother, had encouraged her daughter 'go for it'.

After a talk with her mother, Sandra realized that the 'special feeling' was love, in all its glory. Love, is a beautiful feeling, so pure, so gentle, so caring, so passionate, and so true... One sunny Saturday, Sandra too expressed her love to Galvin, in her, now their cafeteria. Kate was happy for her daughter and son. But, the happiest of all was Jake, since he was excited to welcome his favorite buddy, Galvin into his family. All went well till the day Galvin was diagnosed with blood cancer. A single day changed all their lives. For 6 months, all sorts of medicines, treatments were given to Galvin, yet, he could not be saved. It was in their cafeteria, he breathed his last, with his head rested in Kate's lap, his hands intertwined with Sandra's and Jake's, and a smile on his face.

Sandra was never the chirpy girl anymore. She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Galvin's death had taken a toll on their lives, especially, Jake's. Jake had become very depressed with the sudden loss of his father figure. And, Kate couldn't think of anything except Galvin. So, Sandra decided that her grief could wait, her pain could wait and even her tears could wait. She took over the cafeteria, named it after Galvin, and took the whole responsibility of their lives. Jake and Kate had started becoming normal with Sandra's help. Only after returning to normalcy, did they understand the enormous pain that Sandra must have undergone. They tried their best to be supportive and encouraged her to move on, but, Sandra had just smiled and said, "The day I forget him completely, will be the day I move on... "

True, love has left a drought in her heart.

Love has been the cause of her pain, and also the cure...

He peeps behind the net of clouds 

This moonlight stares at me so much...

Keeping a brightness within him, 

My moon is hidden somewhere here...

The place that I have made in my heart

Shall always remain empty...

When I see a shooting star

I'll wish a bit more

From my heart's core

To be united with you... 

Hey guys, this is Lola (pen name). Do let me know if you like this. Do share it, but please don't copy it. Comments and criticism are welcome... Blog link is in my profile. 

Edited by Lola163 - 18 November 2015 at 4:58am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index