Posted: 8 years ago

I still love Irene, though... Both the book and the TV version. πŸ˜³

Me too love Irene. The first to confuse Holmes was a woman. I like that.πŸ˜›
Edited by rose1998 - 8 years ago
rose1998 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ms.carefree444

"Doyle's attitude towards his most famous creation was ambivalent.[29] In November 1891 he wrote to his mother: "I think of slaying Holmes,... and winding him up for good and all. He takes my mind from better things." His mother responded, "You won't! You can't! You mustn't!".[31] In an attempt to deflect publishers' demands for more Holmes stories, he raised his price to a level intended to discourage them, but found they were willing to pay even the large sums he asked.[29] As a result, he became one of the best-paid authors of his time."

Source-wikipedia 

I had to supress my laughter when I read the above part. Poor man, though I'm glad he continued sherlock xD

I had also heard that even after offering a large sum Doyle refused to write more SH stories. But when an editor of a magazine infuriated him by saying that Doyle was no more capable of continuing SH series, he  took it as a challenge and wrote The Return of Sherlock Holmes. 
-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rose1998

I had also heard that even after offering a large sum Doyle refused to write more SH stories. But when an editor of a magazine infuriated him by saying that Doyle was no more capable of continuing SH series, he  took it as a challenge and wrote The Return of Sherlock Holmes. 

I've heard the fans kept putting pressure on him. They just wouldn't leave him alone and so he finally wrote Return. πŸ˜†
rose1998 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@Nickel8
Even I would have done the sameπŸ˜†. I love SH series that much
Edited by rose1998 - 8 years ago
-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Umm, I was wondering, does IF have a separate forum/thread for Sherlock? The TV series?