Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@Desto and rose even I havent read agatha yet 😆 
I hear she is good too. I think i read one of hers with a diff pen name in romantic genre - The rose and the yew tree was ok. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. But i am planning to read sherlock series first. Anywhere i can find the entire thing? 
rose1998 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

I hear she is good too. I think i read one of hers with a diff pen name in romantic genre - The rose and the yew tree was ok. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. But i am planning to read sherlock series first. Anywhere i can find the entire thing?

I bought it from Flipkart. There is two volumes of complete Sherlock Holmes series.😊
ms.carefree444 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Whoa! It's good to see this thread when I'm currently reading the books. I have read 'The study in scarlet' , 'The sign of four' 'Adventures' Reading- memoirs. Yet to read the greek interpreter,been waiting for any mention of mycroft and moriarty. Must confess I started reading because of sherlock tv series(recently watched) to understand it better. 
rose1998 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ms.carefree444

Whoa! It's good to see this thread when I'm currently reading the books. I have read 'The study in scarlet' , 'The sign of four' 'Adventures' Reading- memoirs. Yet to read the greek interpreter,been waiting for any mention of mycroft and moriarty. Must confess I started reading because of sherlock tv series(recently watched) to understand it better. 

Since I haven't seen the TV series I don't know how  both(books and show) are similar. In the books there is no technology as in this period and it is a major difference.

About Mycroft I love him even though he do not indulge himself in solving cases. Moriarty is devil.(hope its not a spoiler.😃)

-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ms.carefree444

I'm not sure, but I think Moriarty comes in the last story of Memoirs. (Also, that was supposed to be the last Sherlock story, but fan pressure made him write "Return of Sherlock Holmes" ðŸ˜†). Don't remember Mycroft's appearance, though. Just that he was only briefly mentioned, I think... Definitely not as important as in the TV series. 
rose1998 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nickel8

I'm not sure, but I think Moriarty comes in the last story of Memoirs. (Also, that was supposed to be the last Sherlock story, but fan pressure made him write "Return of Sherlock Holmes" ðŸ˜†). Don't remember Mycroft's appearance, though. Just that he was only briefly mentioned, I think... Definitely not as important as in the TV series. 

Yes. TV series gave importance to a lot of characters which are barely mentioned in the books.
Eg: Irene. Even though she outsmarted Holmes in the story there was nothing more than that as shown in the TV series.
Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

I never knew Agatha wrote romance!

Here goes the Sherlock series, In case you're still looking 

PDF -  https://sherlock-holm.es/pdf/a4/1-sided/

Epub - https://sherlock-holm.es/epub/
-Nymeria- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Destiny_rose

I never knew Agatha wrote romance!

Here goes the Sherlock series, In case you're still looking 

PDF -  https://sherlock-holm.es/pdf/a4/1-sided/

Epub - https://sherlock-holm.es/epub/

I knew she wrote romance as well, but she's always been famous for her crime novels so I never tried those. She even staged her own disappearance once. ðŸ˜† Makes for a good "mystery-read".
-Nymeria- thumbnail
Originally posted by: rose1998

Yes. TV series gave importance to a lot of characters which are barely mentioned in the books.
Eg: Irene. Even though she outsmarted Holmes in the story there was nothing more than that as shown in the TV series.

I still love Irene, though... Both the book and the TV version. ðŸ˜³
ms.carefree444 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
  "Doyle's attitude towards his most famous creation was ambivalent.[29] In November 1891 he wrote to his mother: "I think of slaying Holmes,... and winding him up for good and all. He takes my mind from better things." His mother responded, "You won't! You can't! You mustn't!".[31] In an attempt to deflect publishers' demands for more Holmes stories, he raised his price to a level intended to discourage them, but found they were willing to pay even the large sums he asked.[29] As a result, he became one of the best-paid authors of his time."
  Source-wikipedia 

I had to supress my laughter when I read the above part. Poor man, though I'm glad he continued sherlock xD