Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PiyuC thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Agree totally.I stopped watching for this reason.Rana was so adamant that he won't fill her maang..But forgot his promise to Sulakshana so soon.At the drop of hat he fell in love.I would have liked if Gayatri was a freedom fighter and they had conflict of ideologies.She was a voracious reader but that's of no use.In short it's just the same series of running,falling in arms,falling unconscious,eyelocks etc amidst heavy costumes and vintage cars.If u r so idealistic shift to simple clothes for cost cutting na.😊
mahi246 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vasuja

Well when the british left monarchy failed becoz kings and queen were so narcissistic and obssesssed in their own lives people were fed up...

I am a sucker for love stories...mills and boon work for me...but even mills and boon havecharacters doing something inbetween the romance...even if.indravadan is switched to a jameendar today the stort will not feel out of place...he is a king and hardly does anything for people oreven meet people... <font color="#0000ff">if he was shown more as a king and if he had fallen for gayatri seeing how worthy of queen she is it would have been nice.</font>.. zee seems to be in a hurry to finish the story...raga in love so soon?

I understand this is a love story and king queen and pre independence era is just a backdrop...<font color="#ff0000">but why choose such a thing if they dont want to use it</font>...pre independence period was not a good time for monarchy...they were crushed by british and hardly had powers...ranaji should have been shown struggling to serve his people in such scenario...

It would have been great if ranaji was a king and gayatri was a freedom fighter and inspite of their different ideologies they fall in love... i am so Dissapointed that the creatives did not use theirunique backdrop differently. Ranaji being a king helps in showing a palace all the time as set. Their ends the rajarani theme.

I feel more bad for siddharth. ...he has to play such a boring pointless and lifeless character who has no job other than looking good... the women around him control his personal and kingly ( even the little ones they show)duties. I loved him in pkyek.. he was so good and charismatic that he even surpassed the leads at times...but here he isnothing but a poster...poor drashti must be sick andtired playing such roles too...why can't they give hera role with some meat in it? I dont blame the actors inchoosing the drama because in hkndi television t he story intended in never continued...everything change based on trp... <font color="#003300">generally as per hindi tellyland rulethe story changes after 8 to 9 months atleast till then its ontrack. Here everything is changing so fast tv that its loosing its steam...</font>

Sorry for the rant.

<font color="#0000ff">Blue:</font> exactly my point.. i always wanted to see Ranaji fall for Gayatri to see her intelligence, sharp mind, kind heart and her dedication and honesty as a Queen & towards the people of Ameerkot instead fall for her beauty but till now CVs did not show Gayatri plays single Queen's duty. After marriage she only and only running behind Ranaji 😕

<font color="#ff0000">Red:</font> yes you are right.. if indian TV makers can't handle such big and unique plot/backdrop then why they use such backdrop in their shows. if CVs intention was only love story then they simply make a show in present time and make Indra (Sid) as typical business tycoon and Gayatri (DD) as middle class girl who work in Hero's company as ML's secretary or PA (just like GUL, this lady recycling everything in her all shows still it will hit 😆).. WHY need to make them as King and Queen ????

</div>
<div><font color="#003300">Green: </font>yes, my soaps experience told that every shows become "Kachra" after 7-8 months but tillbefore the shows maker tried to stick their original plot and I was quite sure that ETR2 will be crap too but before this show will maintain the soaps record and stick to its original plot atleast 7-8 months but here ETR2 made anotherhistory in tellyland.. CVs lost their plot after 2 and half months 😡

I desperately wanted the slow progression of Rana's feeling for G but they wrap up RaGa love story at rocket speed, i think Rocket pace is more slow than RaGa love story. Still can't believe they made Rana fall for G only in 4 days 😆& that's why audience can't connect with Ranaji character and doubting his every word and action (including me 😆)..

After marriage we never see Ranaji outside in the rajmahal for his kingly job and only roaming here & there in the mahal (Cvs i know you spend lot of money for made this beautiful set but still you can't show A King all time roaming in the rajmahal).. And after Sula entry they made Rana character dumb, mute & a puppet by BRM hand 🤢

Edited by mahi246 - 8 years ago
meerasaravanan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
please cvs give some job to the king outside the mahal. he didn"t  do nothing other then  running behind the womens
Doracake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
There was a great scope to use the back drop of the Pre Independence Era for the show but unfortunately  the makers failed to use it properly 
vasuja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Exactly...when the promos were out i was excired to see sid and drasti together...i had high hopes...it sortoff dashed away when gayatri fell for ranaji just like that...even they couldnt place gayatri character properly. It felt like drashti is doing the same role as she did in geet and madhubala..geet was one of the first amongst the mills and boon story and besides that tv they kept the story to some extent sensible atleast for an year so it was a hit...Madhubala was a love and hate story... but i wish they had given drashti a new shade of character...
gayatri should have been well read, non superstitious, interested in independence struggle, hating monarchy and money wasted in it... a women of grace and strength who could hold her own in the male society.

Ranaji should have been the monarch who was brought up in luxury and uncaring about the people he rule... he should have hated british becoz they dictated him not his people...a man who had no goal or purpose in his life

He should have met gayu accidently many times and slowly changed from a self centered man to one who headed the freedom struggle in the end with gayatri besides him...i wouldn't even have bothered if one of them had died on independence day and the othergo ahead and marry someone else but alwaysthinks the other as there soul mate...or they lived happily...

How many interesting tracks and stories they could have mixing fact and fiction...but all they have is same old karvachauth, shaadi rasams, dhoti tying, dori tying, kamarband tying scenes...looks like being king is piece of cake...
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree. If the show is just about a person stuck between current wife and ex-'fake' wife and about the plotting of villainous family members then there was never any need to set the story in the 1940s and make the leads as the king and queen.

Now I feel that the period background was a nice shiny wrapping for luring the viewers but inside that wrapping its just the same old stale stuff.
punam2712 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahi246

Blue: exactly my point.. i always wanted to see Ranaji fall for Gayatri to see her intelligence, sharp mind, kind heart and her dedication and honesty as a Queen & towards the people of Ameerkot instead fall for her beauty but till now CVs did not show Gayatri plays single Queen's duty. After marriage she only and only running behind Ranaji 😕

Red: yes you are right.. if indian TV makers can't handle such big and unique plot/backdrop then why they use such backdrop in their shows. if CVs intention was only love story then they simply make a show in present time and make Indra (Sid) as typical business tycoon and Gayatri (DD) as middle class girl who work in Hero's company as ML's secretary or PA (just like GUL, this lady recycling everything in her all shows still it will hit 😆).. WHY need to make them as King and Queen ????

Green: yes, my soaps experience told that every shows become "Kachra" after 7-8 months but tillbefore the shows maker tried to stick their original plot and I was quite sure that ETR2 will be crap too butbeforethisshowwill maintain the soaps record and stick to its original plot atleast 7-8 months but here ETR2 made anotherhistory in tellyland.. CVs lost their plot after 2 and half months 😡

I desperately wanted the slow progression of Rana's feeling for G but they wrap up RaGa love story at rocket speed, i think Rocket pace is more slow than RaGa love story. Still can't believe they made Rana fall for G only in 4 days 😆 & that's why audience can't connect with Ranaji character and doubting his every word and action (including me 😆)..
After marriage we never see Ranaji outside in the rajmahal for his kingly job and only roaming here & there in the mahal  (Cvs i know you spend lot of money for made this beautiful set but still you can't show A King all time roaming in the rajmahal).. And after Sula entry they made Rana character dumb, mute & a puppet by BRM hand 🤢

Agree with you completely
They messed up the novel new theme of pre independence coz what they are showing is true for every other show on TV - Just substitute the kingdom with the board room
Every body wants the rightful owner's share

I think it must be a record as to how fast the ML fellin love with the FL - no anticipation at all -just wham bang and thud

RNJ comes out as a dumb useless incompetent king - he cant even judge people
And there are more enemies than supporters