Are children from broken homes, insecure?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Are the children from broken homes insecure?

Thanks,
Nancy
yes they are in a way.

children sees their parents as a shade, to them their breaking up is like removing that shade
children are confused who love them more and whom they should love after the break up. And they also get scared of the idea of marriage , in case such things happen to them in the future
One of the best gift parents can give to their children is love from two parents under same roof. I do think they are insecure somewhere, specially as they grow older it gets hard to convience them about broken home.

Broken home- I assume you mean single parenting?
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Yes Sowmyaa ji. Thank you.

Nancy

One of the best gift parents can give to their children is love from two parents under same roof. I do think they are insecure somewhere, specially as they grow older it gets hard to convience them about broken home.

well said!👏

i think a broken home is one of the hardest things a kid has to go through. i'd imagine the scars are permanent. but there are some who because of it develop great strength and character and go on to reach heights very few do. it's hard to tell they were ever insecure, but that may be just the mask they've learned to wear. bill clinton is one example, though technically he wasn't from a broken home. there are also others i've seen.
in majority of cases... broken marraiges certainly affected very negatively on children's behaviour .
though exceptions are there .. but surely those are exceptions 😊

Well said!!!

Those children in some of the cases will be rebellious.In my relatives one lady got divorced and her daughter is very intelligent but somehow she's different .Her physical and mental health is good but attitude is not perfect and she does'nt have a scope to learn from her mother as she is not perfect in attitude,highy egoistic.I feel bad for that girl.

Regards,

Mythili

OBVIOUSLY,at a tender age it will make the child suffer frm inferiority complex and insecurity.and also he will develop a wrong impression on matrriage later in life himself,he may feel unwanted as the parent take only their own priority,as a mother can only provide the child with the special mother's love and affection which a father cannot while a father can only provide the child with a strong security,a super hero image and a role model "my daddy strongest" which a mother cannot no matter how much independant she is,without any one of the pillars,tht the parent the roof will fall,not only breaking the pillars but also the child under them.