Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

holyangels

Groupbie

holyangels

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Should Robots have emotions?

I got this questions after I read the book "Robot and Baby" that someone recommended on this web site. The author brings up some interesting questions. I think i should thank whoever recommended that book. Very nice book.

Should Robots have emotions like humans?
Or should they not? Will that be a complication?

Thank you,
Nancy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should Robots have emotions?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kisnakiradha

kisnakiradha

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:52am | IP Logged
lol erm HOW will they have emotions?

emotions arent a manmade thing   Wink

Snape

Snape

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 5:42am | IP Logged
rest assured that we still have a lot of decades to go to make robots understand emotions human-scale.

I think robots would ultimately be given emotions . robots with emotion might become a good marketing product for the lonely peoples :p

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:14am | IP Logged
holyangels, Welcome to Debate Mansion Smile

I think we better keep this difference between Robots and Humans. Isn't that the major different we call Robots - a robot and us- as humans? Maybe the day Robots get emotions we can call them Humans too.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

The only robot I am planning to own someday is an automatic vaccume cleaner called 'Roomba'. I don't want it to get all teary-eyed and ask me why can't I get up and help it out with housework? Why is it that it has do all the work while I sit around watching T.V. and surf the net.

LOL LOL LOL hope your dream come true, 'coz if people wants roomba to have emotions too you will end up with same teary eyes LOLor maybe worst you never know LOL

nishi

IF-Dazzler

nishi

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

The only robot I am planning to own someday is an automatic vaccume cleaner called 'Roomba'. I don't want it to get all teary-eyed and ask me why can't I get up and help it out with housework? Why is it that it has do all the work while I sit around watching T.V. and surf the net.
LOL ...... if tat happns then roombaa would be worst than maids !! WinkWink

RandomSquared

IF-Sizzlerz

RandomSquared

Teen Bahuraaniyan Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 9:44am | IP Logged
HOw will robots have emotions?? I mean...humans a the whole brain thing going on, and thats where the emotins n all cum from..and well no matter now much humans try to make a robo brain thing, i dun think robots can ever have emotions like that. Man cant re-create and God has all ready created

influx

Groupbie

influx

Posted: 01 November 2006 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
we r God's robots
and the tinmen will be ours
so make them emotional

Post Reply New Post

Go to top