Antariksh Articles - NO COMMENTS (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 12 January 2007 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
'How could SRK do this to us, yaar?'

... asks Ganesh Venkatraman jokingly, as his serial Antariksh will go off air to make place for KBC

SHARIN WADER

Make way for Shah Rukh Khan, the Badshah of Bollywood! This must have been literally told to the team of Star Plus' Antariksh which will now go off air to accommodate SRK's Kaun Banega Crorepati.
   Ganesh Venkatraman, who plays Amar, the lead role in the science-fiction, is yet to come to terms with the fact that he will no longer be playing the macho man who saves people in distress. "How could SRK do this to us, yaar?" he says jokingly. But adds on a serious note, "I have grown up watching SRK's films and it's a privilege to make way for him." So there are no ill feelings? "Of course we are feeling bad that the serial is being taken off air," he says.
   While it was earlier speculated that Star Plus' Karam Apnaa Apnaa and Virasat would go off air, the channel has now decided to do away with Antariksh, as the serial is not as popular as the other two. "The target audience of Antariksh were kids. And among them the serial was quite popular. I used to get good response from them," he says defending his serial.
   Ganesh's role in the serial is partly based on the character of Ram. Does he fear that like Arun Govil, who had earlier played Ram in Ramayan, people might find it difficult to associate him with other kinds of roles? "Not at all. I'm happy that people have not stereotyped me," says Ganesh, who is content with the way his career is going. "I am doing another science-fiction which is the first 3-D serial to be made in India. It's a bilingual and will be telecast in Hindi soon. Besides that I have been approached for another serial and the role is quite different from the ones I'm doing now," he says.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Antariksh Articles - NO COMMENTS (Page 3)" in Antariksh Ek Amar Katha forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chiragk2001

chiragk2001

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
hi
so me plz tnx

sweet_lima

IF-Rockerz

sweet_lima

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 3:13am | IP Logged
Smriti Irani on Colgate Maxfresh Antakshari-The Great Challenge

Colgate Maxfresh Antakshari - The Great Challenge enters its 3rd round!

After Kunal Ganjawala creating 'dhammal' on February 23, 2007 it's the turn of special guests Hemchandra & Arpita of Sa Ra Ga Ma Pa fame and celebrity guest, the Queen of the silver screen Smriti Irani to cheer the participants. Catch Smriti Irani interacting with the participants on Sunday Feb 25, 2007 as she shares her experience of being an Antakshari fan. That's not all; Hemchandra & Arpita tuned their vocal cords to belt out songs giving the participants interesting clues on Saturday Feb 24, 2007.

Engaging a wide cross section of audiences, Antakshari has enthralled one and all promises to increase the experience from episode to episode. The final 8 contestants from the 4 zones this week are:

East Ki Aan: Raina & Madhu Kshetry
Central Ki Jaan: Arpita & Amrita Vaishampayan
West Ka Maan: Saumya Srivastava & Kalpana Varma
North Ki Shaan: Roopak & Deepak Jain

Produced by Gajendrra Siingh, the show is seen in a snazzier avatar with new inclusions to the format and an exciting reality aspect! Annu Kapur, the man synonymous with Antakshari, hosts this musical extravaganza with none other than Juhi Parmar, the young and vivacious telly queen.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top