Archieved Articles-- (NO COMMENTS)

Posted: 17 years ago
Gautam gets Lucky!

His good looks won him a host of ad films, music videos and television shows. And now Gautam Rode's luck has favoured him so he gets to play the lead in Sagar Arts Productions Lucky, a kids adventure show. Along with this action-packed series, Ba,Bahu Aur Baby and Betiyaan…Paraya Dhan

Gautam Rode: I am Lucky!

in his kitty, looks like he has now become Star Plus's favourite choice.
" When the story was narrated to me I liked it instantaneously. The show revolves around a guy and he's not a typical superhero. The show has got an element of fantasy and it's real at the same time as the hero, Lucky goes on treasure hunts and can't help running after money and girls. For me its a one hour complete masala entertainer," smiles Gautam who shares a great working rapport with the Sagars.

The actor claims that the Lucky will be a family show. Needless to say but the chocolate boy completely adores kids and enjoys playing with his nephews.
Gautam got a ligament rupture once while shooting for the show in Baroda but admits that such mishaps are bound to happen in such action-adventure shows.
In Betiyaan…Paraya Dhan Gautam plays Krishna's love interest(Parth).
Talking about his character, he says, "I play Parth, Krishna's love interest who is so very different from Lucky. He's reserved, thoughtful, not a flirt, well mannered guy who keeps blurting out lots of phrases. And I have some nice and interesting tracks lined up as the show progresses."
Not many know that Gautam has also tried his luck in films and had acted in U, Me and Bomzi. But the actor prefers to stick to television.

"The film did not do well, it had no push, got no publicity and we are no film stars to be able to pull crowds. Post the film, I got a few offers but they weren't worthwhile and television promises more quality work, so why settlle for bad films."

Source:Telly Chakkar

Spotlight: By A.L. Chougule

There is no doubt in his mind that prime time television entertainment is dominated and driven by women. "All shows are women-centric and they begin with women protagonists. Men come into the picture only when the show picks up and settles down to decent TRP figures," says Gautam Rhode who debuted on television a year ago as NRI Anish in Baa Bahu Aur Baby. Gautam is happy that he is playing the lead character in a serial that is thankfully not a family drama but an action, comedy and adventure series. The show is called Lucky and the model-turned-actor is playing the title character.

"I am really happy to play the role because not only it's the lead but the character's name is also that of the serial," says Gautam who plays a conman in the show, which is targeted at kids and teenagers. Lucky is a story of a young man called Lucky who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest way of living.

He cons people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe that the artifacts are genuine. Says Gautam, "Lucky is a street smart, confident and intelligent young man who loves life the way it comes till he gets to know about the Rakshaks who were born to protect the priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one for the job, that is the fifth Rakshak. Though totally unprepared and unconvinced for the job he aggress to go with his new assignment on learning that his father was the fourth Rakshak who had died when Lucky was a kid."

Thus begins his new life that takes him and his gang on an exciting journey that promises to enthrall and entertain young viewers. "Basically Lucky is a conman who loves money and girls and his character doesn't change.  The character will not go through many transformations and become a good guy," laughs Gautam who has also bagged a role in Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraya Dhan where he plays lead protagonist Krishna's love interest Parth. "Parth is Lord Krishna's avatar. He is quite unlike Lucky, honest, levelheaded and talks less. But when he talks he talks sense," adds Gautam.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#' TV%20is%20dominated%20by%20females%20only'

Friday October 20, 03:35 PM
By Chaya Unnikrishnan

if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['zSRdOctU3cg-'] ='&U=13ajqq6be%2fN%3dzSRdOctU3cg-%2fC%3d554840.9495031.10223 356.1511006%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4028676';

STAR Plus is wooing the children in a big way. After Antariksh, the channel is all set to launch an adventure show.
Starting November 4 at 8.00 p.m., Lucky produced by Sagar Arts Productions is touted to be an-out and-out adventure story packaged with a heavy dose of fun and entertainment.

Deepak Segal, Executive Vice President, STAR India Pvt. Ltd, said "After launching Antariksh in the weekday 8 p.m. primetime slot, we are now excited to offer yet another show on the same timeslot on Saturdays for our younger viewers. Promising to create a sensation in the entertainment world, it's a story about a young man Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, i.e. conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe that the artifacts are genuine."

Gautam Rhode who plays the title role, elaborates that "Lucky is a street smart, a confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the 'Rakshaks' who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one...the fifth Rakshak." Totally unprepared for such a news, Lucky refuses to go along with this silly thought inspite of the efforts made by Inder Mohan Sharma, a museum curator and Acharya Joshi, a 500 year old friendly ghost nonetheless, to convince him. "That's because my father who is supposed to have been the fourth Rakshak dies when I am a kid and so I am unware about it," informs Gautam.

He is however a good guy at heart and when he told that there has been a big crisis he agrees to help. The task he is set out to do is find an anitque sword. Though reluctant at first, Lucky agree eventually because it will help him make a lot of money. Thus begins Lucky's new life as a Rakshak that takes him and the gang on an exciting journey and adventures."

A one hour episodic, the show will have a new story and actors every week. Only the main characters of the show including Gautam Rhode and Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; Captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol & AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai will remain constant. The show is directed by Nissar Parvej.

Gautam who was last seen in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as Anish recently entered Betiyaan Apni ya Paraya Dhan as Krishna's love interest Parth. With the title role in Lucky the the actor who prefers to keep a low profile will be seen in two serials simultaneously. "I am excited about both the shows 'cause both the characters are different from each other. While Lucky is a loud, brash character, Parth is a soft-spoken, reserved guy who is completely in love with Krishna," explains the actor.

First time Lucky!

A new star is born and he says he's fortunate to have got such a great role

Express Features Service

Life for this Delhi lad has been on a roll ever since he first found himself a place in the Close-Up ad. After getting a key role in Baa Bahu aur Baby as Anish, he went on to bag the role of Parth in Star's Paraya Dhan, Gautam Rhode is now looking forward to appearing on the small screen as Lucky, the adorable conman who takes his viewers on an adventure trip in a serial by the same name.

Talking about Lucky, Gautam reveals, "It has all the ingredients of a movie, albeit on the small screen. He is this absolute flirt who sells fake antiques in chor bazaar and is suddenly picked up as the chosen one to undertake several missions. Every episode has him embroiled in a new story and adventure. And there's a new girl he gets to romance in every new episode too! It is a fantasy cum reality mix which spells an adrenaline high. It's different from the saas bahu serials and the period dramas—but only TRPs will tell if the novelty pays off," is his honest admission. While he's keeping his sights set high, this Delhi lad has got his feet firmly fixed on the ground. "Like every person who comes to Mumbai with dreams, I have mine too. How successful you are in realising them is often a matter decided by fate," he concludes.

Star Plus to get Lucky with kids

Chaya Unnikrishnan
Posted online: Friday, October 20, 2006 at 0000 hours IST

STAR Plus is wooing the children in a big way. After Antariksh, the channel is all set to launch an adventure show.

Starting November 4 at 8.00 p.m., Lucky produced by Sagar Arts Productions is touted to be an-out and-out adventure story packaged with a heavy dose of fun and entertainment.

Deepak Segal, Executive Vice President, STAR India Pvt. Ltd, said "After launching Antariksh in the weekday 8 p.m. primetime slot, we are now excited to offer yet another show on the same timeslot on Saturdays for our younger viewers. Promising to create a sensation in the entertainment world, it's a story about a young man Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar and has the simplest ways of living, i.e. conning people by selling them fake antiques and actually making them believe that the artifacts are genuine."

Gautam Rhode who plays the title role, elaborates that "Lucky is a street smart, a confident and intelligent character, who loves life the way it comes until he gets to know about the 'Rakshaks' who were born for protecting sacred and priceless treasures and that now he is going to be the chosen one...the fifth Rakshak." Totally unprepared for such a news, Lucky refuses to go along with this silly thought inspite of the efforts made by Inder Mohan Sharma, a museum curator and Acharya Joshi, a 500 year old friendly ghost nonetheless, to convince him. "That's because my father who is supposed to have been the fourth Rakshak dies when I am a kid and so I am unware about it," informs Gautam.

He is however a good guy at heart and when he told that there has been a big crisis he agrees to help. The task he is set out to do is find an anitque sword. Though reluctant at first, Lucky agree eventually because it will help him make a lot of money. Thus begins Lucky's new life as a Rakshak that takes him and the gang on an exciting journey and adventures."

A one hour episodic, the show will have a new story and actors every week. Only the main characters of the show including Gautam Rhode and Inder Mohan Sharma played by Gyan Prakash Sharma; Captain Paswan played by Banwarilal Jhol & AJ i.e. Acharya Joshi played by Anang Desai will remain constant. The show is directed by Nissar Parvej.

Gautam who was last seen in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as Anish recently entered Betiyaan Apni ya Paraya Dhan as Krishna's love interest Parth. With the title role in Lucky the the actor who prefers to keep a low profile will be seen in two serials simultaneously. "I am excited about both the shows 'cause both the characters are different from each other. While Lucky is a loud, brash character, Parth is a soft-spoken, reserved guy who is completely in love with Krishna," explains the actor.

Comedy, action, adventure!

Ansy Austin
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 19:12 IST

Claiming to be of a different genre, 'Lucky' hopes to entertain all age groups.

This November, kids will have one more reason to watch television. Star Plus has launched a new adventure series based on comics called 'Lucky'. This show will revolve around the lead character Lucky, a young man who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazar. An added attraction to this comic serial is an animated red airplane that Lucky travels in. This comic show is targeted not only at kids but viewers of all age groups.

The lead for 'Lucky' is being essayed by Gautam Rhode who was earlier seen in 'Baa Bahoo Aur Baby' (Star Plus) and also in a few music videos. Talking about his character, Gautam says, "It is a comedy action adventure. It is basically a fun character, completely different from my previous role in 'Baa..'. Here, I run a fake antique shop and sell fake items at a higher price. Lucky runs behind girls as well as money but he has a heart of gold."

He further says, "Some episodes will be fantasy based while some others will involve treasure hunt. Each episode will have a new story and something new for the kids to look out for." So how did he prepare for such a unique role? "I developed the traits of the character in my mind and worked on it." He has currently taken a break from 'Baa..' but says that he will continue working in it.

Amrit Sagar and Shakti Sagar are the producers of this show. Amrit says, "The concept of 'Lucky' is based on the lines of a comic book. This is a kind of show that has never been made in India before. It will definitely rock." Shakti adds, "It is a different genre altogether."

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Getting Lucky
Delhiite Gautam Rhode talks about his new role on Star Plus
Photo: Shanker Chakravarty

PRACTICING! Gautam Rhode at a Janpath shop
For all those who are tired of tear jerking family dramas on television, finally, it seems there is something to look forward to. Continuing its offer of fresh and innovative programmes after its heavy dose of saas-bahu sagas, Star Plus is all set to launch its new adventure series, Lucky from this November. Take it as another gift of this festive season or as a change in the trend of TV serials, but Lucky is an adventure story packaged with a dose of fun and entertainment. Speaking about the Saturday 8 p.m. show that will go on air from November 4, Deepak Segal, Executive Vice President, Star India Private Limited, says, "Lucky has all the elements to capture the fancy of all age groups with its exciting tales week after week." It is the story of a young man, Lucky, who runs a fake antique shop in Chor Bazaar. He cons people by selling them fake antiques and making them believe the artefacts are genuine. Lucky is a street smart, confident and intelligent character, who loves life as it comes. Delhi lad Gautam Rhode is playing the role of Lucky. Rhode, who became Close-Up's 'smiling face' a few years ago, says everything in his life happened by chance, and so did acting. A different role

Sharing his experiencewhile doing the role of Lucky, Rhode says, "This series has helped me grow as an actor because it is so different from what I play in the Star One serial Paraya Dhan, which is a show with a woman character in the lead." Rhode, who did his graduation from the city's Bhagat Singh College some eight years ago, got his first break with a commercial in his college days, and since than life has been full of fluctuations.As of now, he is enjoying hissmallscreen roles. A movie enthusiast, he says he loves to watch thrillers, and Aamir Khan is the hero he appreciates most in Bollywood. Ask him if he is planning to try his luck in Hindi cinema,and the answer comes in a flash: "I don't plan the future, not even the next moment, I just live life the way it comes." And that calls for reading between the lines

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
The 'Me' Man!

Women just love his company. Twenty-eight-year-old Delhite, Gautam Rode is a cute Punjabi lad who plays 'Me' in the film U, Bomsi & Me. Living in Mumbai for the past six years, he has made a name for himself. And is set to achieve a bigger one.

Isn't film U, Bomsi & Me your third film?
No, it's my second. I began with Anarth as an undercover cop with a starcast like Suneil Shetty, Sanjay Dutt and Preity Jhangiani. I have also done a movie titled Wow that was shot in London with director Raju Kher, Anupam Kher's brother. The movie is complete and I play the lead in it. It should be released very soon. That will be my third film. The movie is made by Spice Tree Entertainment, the very company that produced Chocolate.

What else have you done?
I began my career doing TV commercials like Close- up, Ruffles, Centerfresh, Lifebuoy, Toyota, Titan, and many more, not forgetting the famous Coke commercial I did with Aamir Khan (the one with the Sherpa). I've also done scores of music videos. The last I did was singer Abhijeet's video. Abhijeet the Bollywood playback singer! His album was called 'Tere Bina' where I did six music videos. The album got an award at the MTV Asia Awards in Singapore. I think that really got me international fame. After that I did two more videos including 'Chod do acchal' by Abhijeet on T- Series. Recently I shot for a video for an old Shammi Kapoor song that has been remixed. I've also done three videos for Agan Nigam Kumar's album (Sonu Nigam's dad).

Did you always want to enter films?
No, never! It's just that when I came to Mumbai I began modelling for ad films and that's how this career in films came my way. In fact, my parents are in Delhi and my father was a broker and a member of the Delhi Stock Exchange, so I thought that even I would enter the same line. But it so happened that he retired and closed his business. So since I was a B. Com graduate and didn't want to study further, I decided to take up ad films in a bid for survival when I came to Mumbai. I didn't have any godfather around to help me, but I struggled and came up the hard way. Soon people started appreciating my performances, my talent for acting and one thing led to another and now I am full with offers around.

What character are you playing in U, Bomsi & Me?
I play the character 'Me' who is known as Sam Mac Patel, a half Gujarati-half Punjabi radio Jockey who also wants to be a writer and a famous one at that. The movie is about three married guys, U, Bomsi & Me, who work in an FM station as Operations, Sales and Programming heads respectively. All three of us are in our first three years of marriage. The story revolves around how best to deal with conflicts in married life and with professional pressures. This is coupled with the fact that we have a short, pot bellied, bald and bachelor boss who seems to have all the fun dating tall girls and driving fancy cars, which we all feel is not fair. It's a really funny Hinglish musical comedy about three couples who resolve to solve out conflicts by exploring romance within our married lives. In short, you could say it's about relationships and finding love within marriage.

How did you bag this role?
I knew a friend who was an assistant with this film and he told me about this movie. He put in a word and I got to meet the producer and director. They showed me the script and put me through an audition. The next thing I knew, I was selected for the movie.

Did you get a chance to choose your character or were you forced onto something you did not like?
Actually, I was first given the script. I went through it and then asked them if I could play Sam's character (i.e. Me) and they agreed. In fact, it so happened that they had the other characters already lined up and were looking out for someone to play Sam.

How do you like your role as a Disc Jockey? Ever been one?
I liked the role very much. I have to be chirpy as a radio jockey and it's okay since I am the same in my real life. When I got the script I really liked it very much. We rehearsed for four or five days and then went on to shoot the film. The film is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes long.

You are also into television serials?
Yes. I act in a serial called Baa Bahu aur Baby (Star Plus) which airs everyday at 10.00 pm. I play the lead character. I play an NRI who comes from abroad and lands into a Gujarati family. The plot is all about how the family starts liking me etc. I plan to stick to TV serials for sometime until I sign big banners. Anyway, television serials are as big as films. It will only be time before I make it really big on the big screen one day. Let's see how U, Bomsi… does at the box-office, then I'll really know where I stand.

Do you think it will be received well by audiences?
It's a cool film. There's a lot of hard work gone into its making. It's very light and has a simple storyline to it so it's easy to understand and at the same time will be fun to watch.
Gautam Rode

While most actors either leave films for TV when they are not doing too well, or catapult from TV to films if they are, there is Gautam Rode who has been a model for a long time, and is doing films and TV too! Talk of being a Jack of all trades... ''It's all about quality work, whether TV, films, ads or music video. I am not averse to doing anything as long as its good quality. It's not like I will leave a good TV serial for a bad film.''
After having done tons of ads, a few music videos and a film Annarth, the actor is now doing the tele serial "Baa, Bahoo Aur Baby" on Star Plus. ''It is a very good script, and I'm playing the lead, with the makers who have hits like "Instant Khichdi" and "Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai". It also has a prime time slot as it starts right after "Kaun Banega Crorepati 2". Everything is perfect, so there was no reason for me to say no.'' But why a comedy in the day of heavy duty family drama, one wonders. He says, ''This is also a serial about a family, it has its share of drama; it's a light social drama. I know saas-bahu soaps lead in terms of TRPs and make an instant star out of you, but, like I said, I had no reason to not pick this serial up. And, moreover, you never know what will work and what won't, not only in films but also in TV.''
Gautam has already tried his hand at films, with a dud called Annarth. How did he deal with the flopping of his debut? ''The star cast of the film was good, but it was not publicised at all. I did feel bad that my debut had flopped, but I had to move on; you cannot give up just because of one setback.'' Was the film's flopping the reason why one hasn't seen him in films after that? ''After Annarth, I was getting only silly offers which didn't interest me. So, I avoided films for some time till I got Jayraj's "You, Bomsi and Me" and Raju Kher's "Wow.''
As of now, Gautam is busy with Baa, Bahoo..., but offers haven't stopped pouring in. ''I was offered a part in one of the big serials, but I don't want to name it. I have a couple of other offers too, but we haven't finalised anything yet.'' The actor admits that he was in two minds about entering TV when he was offered Baa, Bahoo... ''But then I thought it is doing as good as films these days and the project was good,'' he says. Gautam is not ruling any project out, and is certainly on a Rode, oops, road to success!