Solhah Singaarr

Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
Hemant Chaddha meets with an accident!

Hemant Chaddha who plays the role of Vikram in Solah Singarr recently met with an accident. Thankfully nothing happened to Hemant but his car wasn't lucky enough! Hemant, who was on his way to a shoot in Chembur was shocked when a car rammed into his car from behind. The car trunk and bumper pushed in because of the force with which the car banged into it. And instead of apologising, apparently the driver started arguing with Hemant. An infuriated Hemant was almost on the verge of taking him to the cops, but due to time limitations had to drop the idea. But that's not it, Hemant wasn't about to let the man get away with it. He slapped the driver who shamelessly refused to apologise.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 6)" in Solhah Singaarr forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 25 February 2007 at 7:21pm | IP Logged

Whipped creamed

It was just not Akangsha's day when she was pummelled, scratched and stamped on in a dramatic fight sequence.

Akangsha Rawat

Akangsha Rawat aka Meera had an agonising day while shooting for a fight sequence on the sets of Solhah Singarr. Within a span of half-an-hour the actress fell down, bruised her right knee and had her earrings accidentally yanked off by co-star Sachin Tyagi.

The dramatic sequence involved Akangsha saving her sister-in-law (played by Vaibhavi) from getting raped and in the process the rapist grabs Akangsha while Sachin Tyagi, who plays her husband, comes to her rescue.

"Sachin Tyagi tries to save me from the rapist and the scene required a lot of fighting and running around. And I was there pulling, pushing and hitting the rapist. I became the ultimate bakra as I got badly hurt in the fight sequence. While running, my sari got entangled and I fell on my knees and ended up bruising my right knee badly. Besides, I also scratched my hand. Soon, after this accident, Sachin stamped on my foot and that day he was wearing pointed heels, so my foot got hurt. And the final blow came when Sachin accidentally pulled my earrings instead of just touching my face," says Akangsha, who had the sympathies and TLC of forty unit members through the night.

So did she get offendedwith Sachin for the mishap? "When we are shooting such fight sequences it's really not possible to keep a track of such things. Sachin kept apologising to me the whole night, though the accidents were not his fault. We shot all night and ended up taking a short break to apply medicine and got back to work in spite of the pain," says Akangsha.

Co-actor Sachin Tyagi says, "Poor Akangsha had to bear the brunt while we were shooting. Instead of the actual guy getting hurt, Akangsha, the saviour in the scene got hurt. Initially, Iapologised but then it became a routine so we ended up laughing every time she got bruised."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200702260232574844a8e953c

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 26 February 2007 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Vaishnavi gets grooming
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   Photographer: A hitList Correspondent
   February 27, 2007

Vaishnavi

Apart from acting, telly actress Vaishnavi has other plans up her sleeve.

She plans to start a grooming school in partnership with a friend to teach young girls to mind their Ps and Qs.

When asked about her latest move, she says, "It is in the initial stages. I need to get everything in place. It will in partnership with a friend. By April end, things will unfold."

'Conduct'er

Why a grooming class? "Why not," says the actress. "Grooming and etiquette can give you that edge in your life and career.

So much depends on the way you conduct yourself today," says Vaishnavi, who will also provide dietary tips.

Interestingly, not many know that Vaishnavi is also a nutritionist. "I have done a certified course from the US. My sister, who is settled there, put me on the course which I completed through correspondence."

The actress has been giving tips from home to a few people in the past few months. "I had this plan to set up a nutrition centre but that has not yet taken off as I can operate even from home," says Vaishnavi, who herself knocked off the kilos after the birth of her daughter Margaret within months.

"It is all about how you burn up your food intake, instead of depriving and starving yourself," she adds.

After her exit from Ek Ladki Anjani Si and a blink-and-you'll-miss-it role in Baabul last year, Vaishnavi is now back on the scene with the SaharaOne drama Solhah Singarr, in which she plays a mentally challenged character called Vasundhara.

Destiny

"After Ek Ladki, I went off for a long holiday to the US and took it easy for a while. The Solhah Singarr role was initially offered to me when the show began. But at that time, I was doing Ek Ladki so could not take it up. Now,  the role is is back to me," she quips.

Incidentally, the character of Vasundhara was initially played by Rajeshwari Sachdev and after her exit the character went missing from the show.

Vaishnavi, who was earlier seen in shows like K Street Pali Hill and Kasautii Zindagii Kay, is also slated to feature in Anurag Basu's show Love Story, slated for SAB.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/february/152606.htm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 03 March 2007 at 7:24am | IP Logged
'I'm a dancer first'

Sudha Chandran may be very popular as a TV actor today, but she says it hurts when people forget her dancing skills

ROSHNI K OLIVERA

From playing Ramola Sikand, a style icon on TV, what does it feel to be playing a 70-year old in Solah Singaarr?

It was a deliberate effort on my part. The kind of roles I was being offered were similar to Kahiin Kisi Roz's Ramola Sikand. Because of my style icon image, people were deviating from the fact that I'm a good actor. Nobody tries to break their image when it's going strong. But I decided to. TV is the only medium where you can experiment. This 70-year-old character that I'm now playing is different, that of a matriarch who has seen everything, talks less... it's a strong character.
You are also doing a Tamil serial where you play a dancer?

It's called Jaiyam, which means victory. It's about a girl who belongs to a poor Brahmin family. She learns dance because she wants to make money and relieve her family of poverty.
Is this dancer's role in any way connected with your real life story?

In fact the producer-director Prabhu Nepal told me he saw my movie Nache Mayuri (this film was based on Sudha's life. Years ago Sudha met with an accident and lost a limb. But she refused to give up and continued her dancing with an artificial limb). Prabhu saw the film when he was eight-years-old and it had a lasting impression on him. He always thought if he'd make a serial he would cast me in it. So, it's a dream he has realised.
Do you think Sudha — the TV actor has caused people to forget about Sudha — the dancer?
   It does hurt when some people say 'Oh, Ramola can even dance.' I'm a dancer first. Besides I got all the recognition because of the fact that I danced with an artificial limb. But anyway most people do know about my dance. Parents tell their children who may not be aware. So also, there is a school text book chapter on me.
You are also doing a daily Gujarati serial. How do you manage time for all of these?

Apart from the Gujarati show Saptapadi, I'm also doing the weekly serial Hamari Bahu Tulsi. And I'll soon be seen in an upcoming daily soap where I play a powerful role, almost like that of Dina Pathak in the film Khoobsurat. It's all about time management. It's very easy if you want to work.

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 05 March 2007 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Vaibhavi Upadhyay, Akansha RawatReel life buddies great pals in real life too

Urvashi (Vaibhavi Upadhyay) and Shagun Bhabhi (Akansha Rawat) of Sollah Singar are best buddies on screen in their Monday to Thursday serial and they've become best friends off screen.

On the sets, they share the same make-up room and while away all their spare time in each other's company. "Even when we have a holiday, Akansha and I hang out together," says Vaibhavi.

Last Wednesday, when there was no shoot, the girls went out and partied. "We left home at 10 and went to a spa in Juhu where we had a body massage, a haircut, a facial… The works!" says Vaibhavi, "After that we went shopping for clothes, tops and other knick-knacks." They were out for the full day returning only at 10 in the night, she added.

The girls also share similar tastes. "Like me, Akansha is also a foodie" says Vaibhavi, "that day we had jum-ke lunch in Juhu before going off to Bandra to shop." They've become so close over the past month that even when one of them is working, the other stays in touch over the phone. Next, the girls have planned a long holiday together.

Filling us in on more dope from the serial, lovely Vaibhavi said she was a passable singer but not trained. Her on screen brother, Sumer (Sachin Tyagi) is a professional. "During our lunch break or when the lights are being set up or whenever we get time we all sit together and jamao mehfils with songs. Whatever is demanded of us Sachin and I sing," said Vaibhavi, adding that she was now considering taking up classical training and raising her game one notch.

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 7:32am | IP Logged

Hemant Chaddha is missing his gym

Hemant Chaddha is known to be a gym freak, but these days he is unable to work out because of his hectic shooting schedule. So what he does is carry dumbbells to the sets and whenever he has enough time, starts working out on the sets. That's not all, the man is planning to get more equipment and set up a full fledged gym in the studio for himself and whoever is interested in working out because, "I'm sure there might be others from the show also who do miss working out, although not as much as I do." Hemant who plays the character of Vikram in Solah Singarr on Sahara One is very particular about his physique and health and maintains a strict diet.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=15129

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 09 March 2007 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Sony feels the heat from Sahara
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 10, 2007

Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki,
All is certainly not well with Sony, and to top it all it is feeling the heat from SaharaOne. The latter has managed to fetch higher TRPs (those magical viewership ratings that make or break a show) than Sony, and this speaks volumes on the number games that TV channels indulge in for the top slot.

With Star and Zee leading the roost at No 1 and No 2 respectively, SaharaOne is gradually taking over the No 3 slot from Sony.

Says Kalyan Sundaram, programming head, SaharaOne, "It is all because of good content. We have done it slowly, but surely.

The Rajshri show Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki has been a channel driver for us and remains in the top slot. Now we have two new additions to the list.

Jay and Kinnari Mehta's Solhah Singaarr has shown a good rise in TRPs along with the latest entrant, Ajai Sinha's Ghar... Ek Sapnaa, which is also slowly making an impact."

Wise moves

Solhah Singaarr
SaharaOne folks feel that the going is good for them in the 9 pm to 10 pm slot. "When the third season of Kaun Banega Crorepati began with Shah Rukh Khan, everyone reacted. But we kept quiet and did not reschedule our line-up.

And even in that time slot there has been a marginal rise in ratings for our shows," says Sundaram.

The channel attributes their good showing to their loyal viewers. "We have always had good following for Woh Rehne…, now even Solhah Singarr and Ghar.. Ek Sapnaa are picking up good following," adds Sundaram. "We would like to believe that this will be the scenario for a long time to come now," he adds.

Rescheduling spree

Ghar... Ek Sapnaa
For Sony, which has just axed Anuj Saxena's Kulvaddhu as reported 'Abrupt end for Kulvaddhu' (Hitlist, March 8), the channel's line-up of soaps is being rescheduled for Smriti Z Irani's Viruddh, which begins from March 26 in the 9.30 pm slot.

Thodi Khushi Thode Gham will now be rescheduled to 8.30 pm to replace Kulvaddhu, with Ek Ladki Anjaani Si at 9 pm, Durgesh Nandinii at 10 pm and Jeete Hi Jiske Liye at 10.30 pm.

Presently, it appears that Sony's attempts at daily soaps is not working wonders. Their reality shows like Indian Idol, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and most recent Bigg Boss did generate a lot of curiosity and hype but in the long run that doesn't generate revenues the way tear-jerker soaps do.

Says a producer on condition of anoymity, "Sony folks have been interfering a lot with the production houses and there are a lot of squabbles among them. Obviously, all this is having a telling effect on the viewership."

Aamna's show on Sony put off

The Film Farm project which was talked about as Aamna Sharif's big ticket on Sony post Kahiin To Hoga has now been postponed indefinitely.

It is learnt that the cast has already been informed about it. There was also a buzz that post his exit from Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Cezanne Khan was also supposed to be a part of the project. Apparently, it was all just idle talk.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/153217.htm

anishma24

IF-Sizzlerz

anishma24

Posted: 12 March 2007 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Celebration time

500 and counting: Producers Jay and Kinnari Mehta cutting the cake
Telly producers Jay and Kinnari Mehta threw a bash on Sunday at Rock Bottom. There were two reasons to celebrate.

One, their Zee show Sinndoor had touched the 500-episode mark, while their SaharaOne drama, Solhah Singarr, has crossed 100 episodes.

Spotted at the event were the cast and crew of both shows. Among those were Aashka Goradia, Sachin Sharma, Mrinal Kulkarni and others.
dance with me: Sachin Sharma and Aashka Goradia
kiss crazy: Keerti and Sharad Kelkar
i think i'll sip this one out: Mrinal Kulkarni

Post Reply New Post

Go to top