Solhah Singaarr

Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 08 December 2006 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
'I'm in love with Big B!

Mrinal Kulkarni was floored when Amitabh Bachchan complimented her

Mrinal Kulkarni seems to have become a favourite with filmmakers nowadays, what with Amol Palekar casting the beauty in his bilingual Quest and now Ram Gopal Varma casting her in a cameo with none other than the Big B in his Ramu Ke Sholay. Speaking about the experience of shooting with Amitabh Bachchan, the superexcited Mrinal says, "To say that it was a dream come true, would be clichd but I have no other words to describe it. Actually, Ramu had offered me the role a long time back but in the interim period I had to go abroad to shoot for my travel show for a Marathi channel. So, by the time I came back, I thought he must have already cast somebody else; but it was pleasantly surprising and even flattering that he had actually waited for me to come back and approached me again. Initially, I was unaware that the cameo was opposite Mr Bachchan; so imagine my happiness when I got to know of it!"
   Although Mrinal cannot talk much about the role at this moment, all she is willing to disclose is that this character was not a part of the original film. But what Mrinal can and is more than willing to talk about, is her experience of interacting with Mr Bachchan. "Oh God, he's the stuff legends are made of. His aura is so magnetic, you can feel his presence from the moment he starts walking towards the sets. I know it sounds difficult to believe, but it's a fact! One can learn so much by observing his behaviour on the sets. He's not the kind to fritter away his energy by yakking away incessantly. He comes; exchanges pleasantries with all, right from the spot boys to his co-stars and then sits quietly in a corner till the shot is announced. He prefers to conserve and channelise his energies towards the shoot rather than waste it on worthless pursuits. And he is such a fantastic actor! A complete natural and a one-take artiste! It was a treat to work with him. And he's such a chivalrous person! I was floored when he said, 'Am I privileged to be working with this beautiful lady today?" Wow, I'm in love with Big B!"
   Aren't we all, Mrinal?
   Apart from doing films, Mrinal is busy with SaharaOne's Solhah Singar, a role that she's enjoying to the hilt. But, isn't it a tad too early for her to play mother? "Well, I don't have such apprehensions. As an actor, what excites me is the character; not her on-screen age and as it is, I play a young mother, quite close to my own age. So, it's not as if I have to slather on a whitener or something."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Solhah Singaarr Articles (No Comments) (Page 4)" in Solhah Singaarr forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 12 December 2006 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
For your eyes only: Waqar Sheikh and Akangsha in Solhah Singarr
It seems to be the story of Lolita revisited! The unit of the daily soap Solhah Singarr is facing a unique problem with actress Akangsha Rawat, aka Meera, and her co-star Waqar Sheikh, aka Shantanu. The problem is that Waqar plays Akangsha's uncle on screen, yet there is sizzling chemistry between the duo that makes them look like lovers! As a result, most of their shots have to gone through several retakes before they can get the uncle-niece act right.

Says a source from the production house, "The couple looks like lovers rather than uncle and niece. Whenever we take close shots, the way Waqar looks at Akangsha, says it all. In fact, Waqar has been very upfront about his feelings for Akangsha and she too is okay with it. But at the end of the day, the production house is bearing the brunt of their attraction for each other, through numerous retakes."

When contacted, Akangsha would only say, "Waqar is a very nice person. He is a very happy-go-lucky and wants to keep everyone happy. He plays pranks on everyone, including me. It's only because people can't link him to the men that I have become a victim of the gossip that is circulating. There is no chemistry between us. He is senior to me and I respect him a lot as an artiste."

So what accounts for the numerous retakes? "It's Waqar's funny bone at work again. The way he looks at me is also a prank," she quips.

Waqar Sheikh, on the other hand, is more willing to spill the beans. "Yes, it's true that our chemistry has caused several retakes. Moreover, Akangsha, has confessed that she would rather marry me than the guy who has been cast opposite her… But, no, I wouldn't like to believe that the retakes are only due to the way I look at her," he says.

Edited by monika.goel - 12 December 2006 at 3:21pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 13 December 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

In the dip end

Mrinal Kulkarni had to bathe 20 times in cold water at midnight to get a shot right in Solhah Singarr. Naturally she ended up with fever

Back to Section Stories
Mail this Article
Print this Article
Comments
View Comments
Rate this Article
Search

Ranjib Mazumder

The bathing scene in the serial,  (Inset) Mrinal Kulkarni
Actress Mrinal Kulkarni, aka Alaknanda of Solhah Singarr, recently fell ill after she was made to shoot a scene which needed her to get drenched in every shot, over several retakes. Thanks to the water sequence, the actress ran a high temperature.

Mrinal recalls, "It was a shuddhikaran scene, where I was required to bathe by pouring Gangajal (holy water of the Ganges) on myself to get rid my sins. I play a widow in the serial. The shooting started at 11.30 pm and I was asked to pour water on myself. It was a crucial turn in the serial. The director was taking the shots from every possible angle and it continued for four hours. I had to bathe more than 20 times to get the scene right. As it was cold at night, I was given served hot water. But, since the scenes were not up to the mark, and several retakes were needed, the crew members ended up bringing cold water later on."

The actress had a tough time bathing in the cold water. "It was tough. But, I had no options as the scene happened to be an integral part of the story. My crew members were very supportive though. In between shots, I was asked to stand in front of a heater, but it took a toll on me and I caught a chill. I could not shoot next day," she adds.

But, what with such a regressive scene? "I know, it was regressive, and the unit members felt bad too. In a way we were showcasing a superstitious act, but one can't deny that these incidents are prevalent in most of our villages," she replies.

Edited by monika.goel - 13 December 2006 at 3:05pm

virgoqueen

IF-Sizzlerz

virgoqueen

Posted: 15 December 2006 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

Anuj Saxena to wed Juhi?

After playing husband and wife in Kumkum, Anuj Saxena and Juhi Parmar are reportedly set to get married in real life too

Back to Section Stories
Mail this Article
Print this Article
Comments
View Comments
Rate this Article
Search

Reena Thapar Kapoor and Ranjib Mazumder

Ring tone: Anuj and Juhi
It is the season of weddings in the television industry. After Arjun Punj-Gurdeep Kohli and Manoje Bidvai-Ravee Gupta, now we've heard that Anuj Saxena, Elder Pharmaceutical MD-cum-actor Juhi Parmar, aka Kumkum, are set to get married.

Last year the duo had confessed their feelings for each other to Mumbai Mirror. "Juhi is a special girl. With her I can be myself, beyond that I can't say anything," Anuj had said in the interview. Juhi too had admitted that Anuj was a close friend. Although the two officially never confirmed their relationship, they did not deny it either. "After Anuj's divorce from his first wife he was emotionally down in the dumps. The allegations and the controversies that he had to deal with back then had weakened him. That's when Juhi came in his life. She gave him the emotional support and proved to be a good friend," says a reliable source. 

For the past one year Juhi has been spotted all over town with Anuj. She is always with him at all his parties, launches and conferences. Recently Juhi was spotted at the launch of Anuj's restaurant, whispering to him all through the evening.

And now, reportedly, Anuj has proposed to Juhi after less than a year of courtship.

"He isn't the sort to rush into things. He has never made hasty decisions in his personal life. So, now if he has decided to get married to her I'm sure it's a well-thought-out one," says a friend of Anuj.

The actor was unavailable for comment. But when contacted, his lady love Juhi said, "Anuj is a very special part of my life. And I don't want my personal life to make headlines. I'd rather not talk about it. This is very private."

If the word is to be believed, get ready to welcome the new Kulwadhu of the Saxena family.

Edited by virgoqueen - 15 December 2006 at 8:32pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 19 December 2006 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Meet the high brow stars of television

Beta, what do you want to be when you grow up? An actor.

Yes that's a highly expected answer from adolescents. And some are so fired to pursue this ambition that in spite of accumulating many degrees, they opt for an acting career.

Prashant Golecha meets up with such stars from our television industry who are highly qualified and come from educated backgrounds but still are happy being an actor!

Pawan Shankar

I am MBA in finance from Ghaziabad and I have worked with Essar. One of my colleagues was a newsreader on Zee. My friend Vishal was inclined towards career in films. He left MBA and joined the film industry. That was the first exposure. That made me think about acting. I used to come to Bombay for work and people started suggesting that as I look good and should consider acting. Thus I gave up my job and came down to Bombay to pursuer a career in this industry, and I'm happy I did so. Being a celebrity helps. Things soon change in favour of you and your family. Whatever you say or do carries more weightage and people look up to you as well. I don't need to look back at my corporate career

Anuj Saxena

I am a doctor turned businessman (Elder Pharma) and actor turned producer (Maverick Productions) turned restaurateur (Blue Waters). Frankly speaking I never wanted to be an actor. I completed my MBBS and joined the family business as my company was growing and I was needed. But I did utilize my MBBS knowledge in my business and sometimes on the sets! Producer Viveck Wasvani chased me for six months to do a show called Aasman Se Aagey based on novel called Fountainhead and Amrita Singh was paired opposite me. I even took up Hindi classes. Later offers followed I kept doing them but also managed my business at the same time. But it was with Kkusum that I realized that I want to develop acting into a serious career. I am an ambitious individual and by the grace of God I can multifunction simultaneously. I enjoy the creativity involved in the acting and feel that I have a long way to go. Whatever happens, happens for the best.

Gourav Chanana

I would have been a CA by now if I wouldn't have dropped out of my final year of exams. I was very good in academics, particularly Accounts and Maths. During my college years theatre had always been my hobby. And gradually I started liking it and acting became a joy. Offers for modeling started pouring in and similarly for acting. I have no regrets that I'm not a post graduate. This field is what I enjoy

Amit Sareen

I always wanted to be an actor. My family values education the most and thus it was a compulsion no matter what. So I did engineering from Manipal. I believe knowledge never goes waste. It adds value to your portfolio and reflects in the personality. I am happy that I am into acting as I wanted to be an actor. But I am also glad that I did engineering instead of just a normal graduation.

Posted on 9 December 2006 6:30 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 19 December 2006 at 7:17am

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 3:46am | IP Logged
It is the season of weddings in the television industry. After Arjun Punj-Gurdeep Kohli and Manoje Bidvai-Ravee Gupta, now we've heard that Anuj Saxena, Elder Pharmaceutical MD-cum-actor Juhi Parmar, aka Kumkum, are set to get married.

Last year the duo had confessed their feelings for each other to Mumbai Mirror. "Juhi is a special girl. With her I can be myself, beyond that I can't say anything," Anuj had said in the interview. Juhi too had admitted that Anuj was a close friend. Although the two officially never confirmed their relationship, they did not deny it either. "After Anuj's divorce from his first wife he was emotionally down in the dumps. The allegations and the controversies that he had to deal with back then had weakened him. That's when Juhi came in his life. She gave him the emotional support and proved to be a good friend," says a reliable source.

For the past one year Juhi has been spotted all over town with Anuj. She is always with him at all his parties, launches and conferences. Recently Juhi was spotted at the launch of Anuj's restaurant, whispering to him all through the evening.

And now, reportedly, Anuj has proposed to Juhi after less than a year of courtship.

"He isn't the sort to rush into things. He has never made hasty decisions in his personal life. So, now if he has decided to get married to her I'm sure it's a well-thought-out one," says a friend of Anuj.

The actor was unavailable for comment. But when contacted, his lady love Juhi said, "Anuj is a very special part of my life. And I don't want my personal life to make headlines. I'd rather not talk about it. This is very private."

If the word is to be believed, get ready to welcome the new Kulwadhu of the Saxena family

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 25 December 2006 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Maverick Anuj Saxena is at it again! The doc-turned-actor, who has lately turned producer and restaurateur, adds one more role to his never-ending agenda in life. Saxena has now turned to modelling! He is endorsing a male fairness cream formulated by Shahnaz Husain and will feature in commercials as well as print ads of the product.

It appears you are trying to be Jack of All and Master of None?
No, not at all. I think I am becoming a Master of All and Jack of None.

Have you modelled before?
Yes. I began as a model. My first ad was for Proline sportswear with Rhea Pillai and Anu Kuttoor. I have modelled for HMT, ICICI, Rajdoot, Prudent mouthwash and more

Would you ever use a fairness cream?
All this while I never did, but now I have started using Fair One Male every morning and night. I use it not only for the fairness aspect but also because the cream serves as a moisturiser as well as a sunscreen.

All this makes you sound like a metrosexual!
Well, not exactly! But yes, I am conscious about my looks.

Are you modelling because your own company (Elder Pharma) is marketing the male fairness cream?
We were thinking of a celebrity to endorse the brand, and someone from my team suggested my name. We thought about it seriously and finally a consensus was reached.

Wasn't there the need to have a fair model to go with what the product's image?
You mean to say I am dark?

Perhaps a well-known face or a star to endorse the brand?
Not necessarily. These people are already endorsing too many brands and people have pre-conceived notions about them. A new face is always better.

Acting, business, production and restaurant. Don't you think it is too much to handle?
There's that phrase, 'Gimme more!'

You were ambitious about films as a producer as well as actor. Whatever happened to that?
I am still very ambitious. There will be some major developments very soon.

Don't you think you are making too many announcements?
Too many thing are happening in my life right now, so what to do?

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 8:05pm | IP Logged

Ram milaye yeh jodi!

Akangsha Rawat and Karan Singh have a tough time shooting without wearing their lenses.

Sapana Patil Poojary

Akangsha and Karan

Lead actors Akangsha Rawat and Karan Singh of Solhah Singarr caught themselves in an embarrassing situation when they both reported on the sets without their lenses. The actors were crippled as they couldn't comprehend the director's instructions who was standing at a distance. The on-screen couple became the laughing stock on the unit.    

Akangsha says, "My lenses had expired, so I had worn spectacles that day. But I had to take them off while shooting. Karan and I were shooting a romantic scene and were standing in the middle of the pond. Most of the crew members and the director, Pawan Kumar were standing on the bank which was quite far from where we were standing. The director was giving us instructions from a distance and although we could hear him, we could not see what signs he was making with his hands. We would often mistake his signs and would end up doing what we were told not to do! Like, when he wanted us to move forward to be within the frame, we would move apart and out of the frame."

Talking about how she suffered that day because of not wearing her lenses, she adds, "We were surrounded by lighted candles and I was wearing long flowing skirt. I was worried about my safety. So, I had told the unit hands to alert me when I would step near the candles. But in the midst of a take, unit members couldn't speak out to tell me to be alert! So that was another problem."

Karan adds, "God, Akangsha and I did face a lot of problems that day. We would look into the air and say our lines. We had become the object of ridicule that day. Unit members were teasing us that love is indeed blind. We had become helpless for the lack of something as essential and basic as lenses."

When contacted, director Pawan Kumar couldn't control his laughter. He says, "Both didn't have their lenses that day. To add to their woes, we were shooting at night. The unit members had to help them get through the shoot."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20061228042949318cad0cd2

Post Reply New Post

Go to top